Cars at cruise terminal in Galveston - Video

excitedcruiser

That lady from California sure had the right attitude. Good for her and I hope she makes it back to California safe and sound.

I have been reading from others on that cruise with the same great attitude on John's blog and other boards. It is certainly refreshing to see.

I hope she and her family get home safe and sound as well.

I have been reading from others on that cruise with the same great attitude on John's blog and other boards. It is certainly refreshing to see.

I hope she and her family get home safe and sound as well.

The other guy didn't seem quite as chipper as she was.

I have to agree.

I guess this would be a good reason to just fly in to port and leave your carf at home....

That was a LONG drive.

Even from the Arizona State Line to Galveston is over 1,200 miles.

Wow. How devastating. I think they showed the lot we parked at the week before. If Ike had been one week earlier . . .

Scary!

Yep...we were there as well and parked at the Harbor House. There isn't even a fence to stop the cars from ending up on the bottom of the Channel.

That could have easily been us!!

Don't know why, but this just hit me. If you car is damaged by a tree limb falling on it during a storm, or you hit a deer, etc....these are not considered accidents with any fault. Therefore, there is no deductible to be paid......does being flooded by a hurricane fall into the same catagory????

Don't know why, but this just hit me. If you car is damaged by a tree limb falling on it during a storm, or you hit a deer, etc....these are not considered accidents with any fault. Therefore, there is no deductible to be paid......does being flooded by a hurricane fall into the same catagory????

unfortunately thats not the case in every state, where i live for example if the car were flooded or a tree fell on it, even though its not an at fault loss, the deductble would be applied, so assuming i carried the correct coverage, i could still be out anywhere from $300-$2,000.......

My wife and I just returned to Bayport Cruise Terminal yesterday. I found out last night how high the water had gotten at the Harbor House, the hotel we stayed at the night before our cruise. Witnesses stated the water was at least 7 to 8 feet deep in that parking lot. When we got home, (far west Houston) we saw an aerial photo online (taken 09/17/08) of the cruise terminal, Harbor House and what looked like my black suv, about 50' from where I parked it in the lot.

I hope Sponge Bob had fun driving it around. :D

My wife and I just returned to Bayport Cruise Terminal yesterday. I found out last night how high the water had gotten at the Harbor House, the hotel we stayed at the night before our cruise. Witnesses stated the water was at least 7 to 8 feet deep in that parking lot. When we got home, (far west Houston) we saw an aerial photo online (taken 09/17/08) of the cruise terminal, Harbor House and what looked like my black suv, about 50' from where I parked it in the lot.

I hope Sponge Bob had fun driving it around. :D

Hey...just a note to say what a wonderful thing that was that you and your fellow cruisers did for Jen and the staff and crew.

We just read about it on John's Blog and it brought tears to my eyes.

What a special way to thank them for all their hard work. I am certain they will never forget your appreciation for all they did and I know they will never forget y'all!!!!!

Oh, oh, oh.... you are wrong!

My neighbors tree fell on my car and it was considered an "act of God"...

No one even wanted to know, that the tree had been dying for years, and we had asked the neighbors to trim the tree..

It went against my comprehensive insurance, with a $100 deductible (I had to pay).

Imagine my surprise when I got up at 5:00AM, to see a tree across my car.:eek: .

I know that here in NC the individual decides on the deductible they want to pay for. In this case it would be the comprehensive deductible that would apply.

Turns out I have a $250 deductible on storms and catatophys (cant spell it). I am platinum with Allstate and no deductible if someone hits me, so this came as a surprise.

Even more of a surprise when I called in today, to be told they have me as a tornado hitting me on Sept 12.

Turns out at least I am mostly covered for storm damage, but it is a separate coverage.

Hey...just a note to say what a wonderful thing that was that you and your fellow cruisers did for Jen and the staff and crew.

We just read about it on John's Blog and it brought tears to my eyes.

What a special way to thank them for all their hard work. I am certain they will never forget your appreciation for all they did and I know they will never forget y'all!!!!!

I just finished reading through a few weeks' blogs and I can't find anything about this. Will you please post a link to the specific blog you were referring to? Thanks in advance.

That lady from California sure had the right attitude. Good for her and I hope she makes it back to California safe and sound.

Much more about the big picture. She is right - the lost only a truck, so little compared to others.

Turns out I have a $250 deductible on storms and catatophys (cant spell it). I am platinum with Allstate and no deductible if someone hits me, so this came as a surprise.

Even more of a surprise when I called in today, to be told they have me as a tornado hitting me on Sept 12.

Turns out at least I am mostly covered for storm damage, but it is a separate coverage.

Catastrophe!

SpulChak iz da bess thang I evor downlowded.

Dan

I am so glad that everyone has now arrived.

I loved the Blog. That is the spirit of Carnival that I love.

So many wonderful people, who realize that sometimes things just happen, and no amount of blaming is going to change it.

I wish all of these people well.

Hope they can get there claims settled quickly, and will book another cruise soon.

Archived