What makes you get weird looks on your cruises?

mpwarder

Not bashing gays, so don't flame me. I have many friends that are gay. But last year on the Emerald Halloween cruise, we had a group of about 300 "Bears". If you wanted to see some stares, you should have been there for Halloween. Some verrrrry interesting costumes. Then there was their underwear party in Skywalker's. I just happened to be lucky enough to get into an elevator with 4 of them in the most flashy looking leather underwear, and thongs to boot than I'd EVER seen!! Some of the seniors I believe lost some of their dentures just staring with their mouths wide open!! It was hilarious!

I always get stares when I:

Wear a baseball cap indoors

Walk around with a toothpick hanging from the corner of my mouth

Try to force my way onto an elevator before others can get off

Walk around the ship in a bathrobe

Try to go to the dining room in shorts on formal night

Try to consume 10 free drinks in 3 minutes at the Captain's Welcome Party - and then take two more with me to dinner to save money

Wait 15 minutes to take an elevator to the next higher/lower deck

Drink soft drinks for breakfast

Walk around the ship all day with a supersize soda in one hand a sandwich in the other

Talk loudly on my mobile telephone with a crowd of passengers around me

Eat dinner first in the Lido and then change clothes and eat dinner again in the dining room

Take extra food back to my cabin to ensure that I will never go more than 90 minutes without a meal

Order 6 main courses at dinner - just becuse it's "free"

Start vomiting because I have eaten too much

Start shouting at the purser desk because my cabin doesn't look as large as it did in the brochure

Complain that the ship feels like it is moving

Ask them to turn on/off the wave making machine in the swimming pool

Insist that they cancel the evening show so that I can go to bed at 9pm without being disturbed

Complain that nobody told me that satellite calls cost extra

Complain that nobody told me that I need a photo ID to reboard the ship

Complain that the cruise line is forcing me to go through immigration and customs

Complain that the Captain parked the ship so that the view from my balcony is spoiled

Complain when I am forced to pay for extras

Complain that the ship is too large

Complain that the ship is too small

Complain that if I had known where this ship was going, I would not have taken the cruise

Complain that none of the 17 items on tonight's menu interests me

Eat the very same things for breakfast every single morning and then complain that the breakfast selection was so limited

Complain that the ship did not celebrate my birthday that occurred 4 months ago

Complain that I can buy a coca cola cheaper at Wal Mart

Complain that there are so many children on a Christmas Cruise

Hey Phillip ~ thanks for sharing with us. :) :) :) I bet you have seen and heard it all. I read through the list and the only thing I can come close to relating to is ordering a bar drink at the Captain Club party rather than taking one off the tray like a good girl. Never did think of drinking several at the party and then ordering a few for the road to take to the dining room.

Lost a bet and had to wear a speedo to the pool one afternoon, not a pretty picture.

The last time I made the obvious - slightly naughty - comment on these boards, somebody busted my chops good for it. Asked me if I was five years old. So .... I'm not going to make the obvious comment about the combination of your screen name and a speedo. :D

The last time I made the obvious - slightly naughty - comment on these boards, somebody busted my chops good for it. Asked me if I was five years old. So .... I'm not going to make the obvious comment about the combination of your screen name and a speedo. :D

Now 'that's' funny! :eek::D

Roz,

I actually enjoy this stuff.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

This was just a small sample of the nonsense that causes stares every week of the year on my ship.

Although it was "over the top", unfortunately, it was ALL TRUE!!! :(

And, you're very good at pointing it all out!

I used to be a "Caffeine Free Diet Coke" junkie! I would bring it along and put it into a thermal mug....I'd put it on my dining table; in the theatre and on the table in the Lido. Not a particularly pretty sight on formal nights....but, it was my drink of choice!

Now, I drink Arizona Diet Green Tea with Genseng and do plan on bringing it along on our cruises.....I can't wait to see the "stares", when people see the 42oz bottle come out and be placed on the table.

No matter, they'll probably want to know where they can get some, on the ship?

Ok, now I know I'm not the only person that has gotten stares for this...

With all the strange and rich food I have a lot of "lower gas". My family and I were sitting waiting for a show to start and I had gas that would curl your hair. The couple in front of us turned and stared, I said "excuse me please" and burst out laughing. All of us had to leave because we were laughing so hard we were crying.

We got weird stares when we were filling up our water backpack (like a camel-back) with ice from the buffet. Not quite sure why, since we weren't making a mess or anything. We weren't stuffing the backpack itself into the ice machine, just using cups to pour in some ice. Maybe it was that it looked like we were filling a normal backpack with ice?

Well, I never get the stares, but DW does. On formal night she brings at least one stunning knockout evening gown and as we walk through a crowded area I watch all of the stares that she gets from the guys. We have had other women approach her and commend her on her beautiful looks and dress. I know this is a "nice" stare and it for someone in her mid-forties she sure looks terrific. As for embarrassing stares, I think the best was from an older woman who motioned toward her significant other and pointed at me in my regular chair at Crooners after dinner, saying, "I don't think that guy has a cabin, but only that barstool! He's there every night!":eek: As if there is a worse place to be?

We get the stares when we walk into the dining room with all five of our children. It gets better when we join our friends who have 3 or 4 themselves. I must add, however, that we have always received many compliments on how well behaved our children are- especially during the long 2 hr dinners. I know some people cringe when they see us coming, but those are usually the ones who turn around and make a positive comment sometime during the trip. You should see the looks when we fly! (especially when I had 4 in carseats!)

Photographing the Ninja Ducks, all over the ship and at the ports.

The Ninja Ducks enjoyed fine dining, too!

They made friends with a lot of people. :p

Weird looks? sure, everytime we took the elevator to our floor, we'd laugh when the voice of the elevator (what's her name?) said, "Baja"... sounded like a laugh! :D

You know how the bacon sticks together a lot of the time? I always feel the need to vocalize something like "Geez, you can't just get 2 pieces out" to avoid the stares. Secretly I'm thinking, "Yay! Look at all the bacon I got!".

I did that the first couple of times, now I just laugh as my wife walks away.

My husband sometimes wears a t-shirt that says KANSAS CITY Chiefs in big red letters on the front. Plus it has red splotches all over that look like someone threw a bucket of red paint at the shirt.

A few cruises back, a guy spotted my husband wearing this KC Chiefs red splotched shirt and in a very concerned voice asked my husband, "did you hurt yourself man?"

We get looks from people who think they dress better than us. We were on the Southern Caribbean cruise/Crown Princess and in the elevator a couple were basically looking my huband and I up and down. We were in shorts and tees. Nothing unusual on a ship.

I also get looks because I have a skin disorder called Vitiligo. I have white patches on my skin that do not tan, mostly legs and hands, people tend to stare. I can't help it. I don't let it bother me too much. I just stare back at people. A little dose of their own medicine. Sometime people look because they are curious but I always find people who stare :eek: !

Archived