What makes you get weird looks on your cruises?

mpwarder

I look horrible in a bathing suit but I don't care. When I'm cruising, I'm wearing one. I'll never see those people again so tough, they can deal with it.:D 19 days until I show off my ugly legs.

I agree with you! I have ugly legs & just bought a bathing suit for the first time in 16 years! I am looking forward to wearing it without a care in the world on my first cruise in 25 days. /cheer!

Hey, I totally get the bacon thing. I am very good at home and have bacon very, very seldom, since, let's face it, it is about as unhealthy as it gets, but on a cruise I indulge my bacon obsession and have a big mound of the crispest pieces I can find every morning. I do get some looks! And I'm sorry for holding up the line while I find the crispy slices!

It's so bad that I don't even want to eat breakfast in the dining room because then I'd be ashamed to order that much bacon.

Since I probably don't have more than 12 pieces of bacon total all the rest of the year, this is my big splurge.

I know, I know, pathetic to wait anxiously for a cruise each year for the bacon! (Mostly just kidding, I do cruise for many other reasons, but still, I look forward to my strips!)

Hey, I totally get the bacon thing. I am very good at home and have bacon very, very seldom, since, let's face it, it is about as unhealthy as it gets, but on a cruise I indulge my bacon obsession and have a big mound of the crispest pieces I can find every morning. I do get some looks! And I'm sorry for holding up the line while I find the crispy slices!

It's so bad that I don't even want to eat breakfast in the dining room because then I'd be ashamed to order that much bacon.

Since I probably don't have more than 12 pieces of bacon total all the rest of the year, this is my big splurge.

I know, I know, pathetic to wait anxiously for a cruise each year for the bacon! (Mostly just kidding, I do cruise for many other reasons, but still, I look forward to my strips!)

Ditto!! I just try not to think about what those delicious, crispy strips are doing to my poor cardiac vessels. :(

The weirdest thing I've seen that made me stare was on my first cruise. We had a really fun group of singles sitting at an 8 top and across the aisle sat a family of 4 who never smiled EVEN ONCE during dinner for the entire 7 days!! As a matter of fact, they frowned and stared at their plates without saying a word to each other throughout the meal each night. We knicknamed them the Grouchy Family. I just can't imagine paying all that money, being on such a wonderful vacation, and being such sour-pusses. One night I actually took a picture of them just to prove to my family and friends back home that I wasn't making up the story. It's in my scrapbook and I still laugh when I see it.

I totally agree about the bacon issue. But, why can't they seem to make more of it a little crispier? I can't stand fatty bacon!! I too take awhile scouring through it to get the crispiest pieces. Some older gentleman even yelled at me once to save some for him!!

I love popcorn. While walking around Juneau, stopped into a candy/fudge shop that sold popcorn. Purchased their largest bag, literally approximately 3 feet long. Then while standing around the outside of stores while my wife shopped, and in getting back aboard the ship I was constantly bombarded by comments like "that's the biggest bag of popcorn I've ever seen". My response-I have a lot of beer to drink.

I agree with you! I have ugly legs & just bought a bathing suit for the first time in 16 years! I am looking forward to wearing it without a care in the world on my first cruise in 25 days. /cheer!

Congratulations on the new bathing suit! I'm proud of you. Enjoy wearing it. Those people will never see you again! I cruise in 18 days and I don't care what people think, I'll be enjoying the sun in my bathing suit!

I hope you have a fabulous first cruise!!!

I too love bacon (ok...and sausage). My husband swears that I love to cruise for the breakfast meats. He may be right. I wish I could say that I only eat 12 strips during the rest of the year. but when on a cruise..."there is only one thing that smells like bacon and that is bacon".

Yummy!

As for staring at me, I agree with the poster who said the big grin I wear all week. I have had more people comment on my smile. I like that. Especially if it rubs off.

Great Thread!!!

I wear some things i would wear at home:rolleyes: now now with in reason, some dresses maybe a bit lower then usual;)

I also participate alot, just last week on the 28 day scandinavian i got thrown up onstage with hubby at magic show ( i was quite embarrassed)

BTW no bacon for me i ordered my Egg White Omelete...so i can have 2 Chocolate Flourless Cakes:D

People at the buffet who pile their plates up to the ceiling (obviously in fear that the ship will run out of food).

People who believe that they don't have to wait in line.

People who are loud.

People who are rude.

People who are disrespectful.

People who are bigoted.

Oh...btw...I've also been know to stare at attractive ladies in bikinis...(and DW often will point them out - one of the many reasons I love her!)

At the showing of the rocky horror picture show>>>>>

Doing the time waaaaaaaaaarp agaaaaaaaaaaaain! Screaming out janet weissssssssssss and brad (a-hole), using a water gun and covering head with a princess patter etc etc.

Reactions are hilarious and the staff loves it :)

*sweet*

Wish I was on YOUR cruise. That sounds like a lot of fun!!!!:D

And I do love the Oatmeal raisin cookies but only 2 at a time!! (one for each hand as a child would do) and only on the cruise :)

One of the strangest things I saw on a cruise that made me stop and stare happened while on the Carnival Liberty in June of 2007. While standing in line at the buffet for breakfast I saw a guy with a large cereal bowl. Only instead of cereal he had it piled as high as he could get it with......prunes. I turned to my wife and said.....either he's got a problem he's trying to correct or he REALLY likes prunes!!! We laughed the rest of the cruise....never did see him again. I figured he was stuck in a bathroom somewhere!!!!

Bob

this thread is turning in to wierd stuff we do! i look forward to the prunes,too! and the bacon! not the crispy ones! i've gotten wierd looks in the dining room for arriving breathless with wet hair and a big smile. we always seem to be seated with the people who go on bus tours while we are in the ocean most of the day swimming with creatures,etc.

on the first day of each cruise, I'll try and get pictures of all the rooms (theatre, dining rooms, small entertainment rooms,etc) when they are empty.

Well, sometimes they are not empty (like the theatre) and a few employees are in there. The door may even be halfway closed. Despite this, I will take it upon myself to enter the room and take the picture for my collection. I'll get some strange looks.

I'll also get some strange looks when I'm in the bar area, since I am 24 but look like a teenager.

Oh that does bring to mind another thing. I do get weird looks in the dining room when I photograph my food. If it's something exceptionally 'pretty', I whip out the camera and photograph it before I eat it. I love having reminders of some of the fabulous dishes I've had on cruises.

I totally agree about the bacon issue. But, why can't they seem to make more of it a little crispier? I can't stand fatty bacon!! I too take awhile scouring through it to get the crispiest pieces. Some older gentleman even yelled at me once to save some for him!!

It was me! :mad: You didn't leave any. :mad: :mad: I cried.:( I got over it and went to the dining room where I ordered it. Burnt. :D

I got it. BURNT!!!!:eek: Ate every bite, too.

No more buffet for me, won't take a chance with not getting any "good" bacon again.

Dining room.

Burnt! Oh, yeah. Mostly shows up extra crispy, though.

Stares: my cowboy boots.

What is up with the "bacon thing?" I love it too!!!! And, I'd never stare at anyone who had "mounds" of anything on their plates....it's their cruise and the ship has plenty more....not too worry!!!! :rolleyes:

Let's talk about the "stares" that we dislike......

People who stare at your plate, while they're walking by, in the buffet

People who stare, while you're conversing with someone else

" " " , while you're looking at yourself in a mirror

" " " , while you're getting money out of an ATM

" " " , while you're in line to make reservations

" " " , while you're ordering food, at the table

" " " , while you're removing your bathing suit "cover-up"

" " " , while you're lying on your veranda

I could go on and on but I'm sure you'll have more!!!!!

LOL at the bacon thing.. it's true... me too, but I like the fatty ones... yummm... you can keep the crispy ones! :D

It's always interesting watching other people do the stare thing. On a Mediterranean cruise, there was a family of very overweight Germans who delighted in wearing the skimpiest thong-type swimwear. Watching other people's reactions as they passed by was priceless.

It's always interesting watching other people do the stare thing. On a Mediterranean cruise, there was a family of very overweight Germans who delighted in wearing the skimpiest thong-type swimwear. Watching other people's reactions as they passed by was priceless.

The Europeans have no inhibitions about their swimwear. Once on a cruise, 2 German women who were pretty ample were laughing at me when the skirt on my suit blew up (it had bottoms!) and I never could figure out what was so amusing.

The big laugh for me came when my DH, who speaks fluent German, said something to them about it and they almost died on the spot realizing that someone actually understood what they were saying. They got up and left the area very quickly. Never did see them again by the pool.

What a great thread. Here's my #1 to report.

My husband and I both carry cameras and take videos and still pictures throughout our cruise. One time while dining in the Horizon Court, he (with the video camera describing what we were eating for our home audience) and I (with the still camera) were both taking pictures of our food. The lady sitting at a table across from us noticed, said hello, and made mention of us taking pictures simultaneously of our food. We had a great conversation with her.:)

BTW...I love bacon. Yummy. Like it both ways...crisp and limp so what ever is on top is OK with me. Glad Princess always has a plentiful supply of bacon every morning in the Horizon Court.

The big laugh for me came when my DH, who speaks fluent German, said something to them about it and they almost died on the spot realizing that someone actually understood what they were saying. They got up and left the area very quickly. Never did see them again by the pool.

I love that....I speak Spanish and German and do not let most people know, at first...so, that I can hear what they're saying and then, when I'm ready...I speak back to them and let them know that I've understood every word!

Talk about an embarrassing moment!

I love that....I speak Spanish and German and do not let most people know, at first...so, that I can hear what they're saying and then, when I'm ready...I speak back to them and let them know that I've understood every word!

Talk about an embarrassing moment!

Archived