Jacksonville Info Only

jwjax

Hey all ,few ? On hotels that offer shuttle service to the port. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions . Looking at the Travelodge it’s reasonable price but have a $18 surcharge for the shuttle to the port round trip. any other hotels that can offer the same for less . Shipping out late nov. plenty of time to make a decision.

That's the one I have booked now. Do you now if there is a shuttle or anything FROM the port or will we need a cab?

Talking to them on the phone you can buy one way for $9 p.p. or round trip for $18p.p. on the return they have buses for the hotel or the airport at least that’s the way I understood it.

We are leaving on a cruise Saturday from Jax. I have transportion lined up to get to the terminal on Saturday. What I need to know is will there be taxis at the terminal when we arrive back on thursday or do I need to make arrangements with a taxi company? We are flying back to Missouri after our cruise.

Edited by kag92

• 2 months later...

Okay, now that the hotel issue surrounding the port is well discussed... lol I have a couple questions regarding the actual cruise terminal.

With so many fluctuating reports (even from Carnival and the Jax Cruise Port Authority) I'm still left wondering how early one can board the Fascination on embarkation day? I've heard as early as 10am from some, and noon and 12:30 from Carnival and the port authority.

And for those with mobility issues.... how accessible is the terminal? I know in Miami, that anyone with a walker or wheelchair have a very easy embarkation process and are never asked to stand/sit around waiting to board after check-in. I've tried looking up details on the port website, but it's quite limited in information. Also, Carnival's pvp's have little to no 'detailed' knowledge of Jax's embarkation process for mobility restricted individuals.

Any insight to the terminal itself, and boarding times/proceedures would be greatly appreciated.

Batzo

We were able to board around Noon in March. The terminal looks like an old renovated wharehouse. The line was long when we arrived and it didn't look very efficient. I don't recall seeing any special lines or a process for people with mobility issues. Unless they used the line for VIP's it doesn't look like it would be an easy boarding.

We were able to board around Noon in March. The terminal looks like an old renovated wharehouse. The line was long when we arrived and it didn't look very efficient. I don't recall seeing any special lines or a process for people with mobility issues. Unless they used the line for VIP's it doesn't look like it would be an easy boarding.

I was kinda afraid of that when I was reading it was just a temporary terminal. Might be the first and last time I sail out of JAX lol

Thanks for the info.

Batzo

I was kinda afraid of that when I was reading it was just a temporary terminal. Might be the first and last time I sail out of JAX lol

Thanks for the info.

Batzo

Hey now, dont be too down on Jax! :(

We are building a whole new one that will be amazing. Dont say you wont sail out of jax again. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
JAXPORT Cruise Terminal

9810 August Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32226

GPS coordinates:

N30 degrees, 24.500'

W081 degrees, 34.650'

The terminal will open to embarking passengers at

10:30 a.m.

Parking Information

Parking is $15 per day per passenger vehicle ($60 for a 4-day cruise and $75 for a 5-day cruise), and $25 per day for oversized recreational vehicles ($100 for a 4-day cruise and $125 for a 5-day cruise). An oversized recreational vehicle is any vehicle that takes up more than one regular sized parking space. Cash or major credit cards are accepted. The parking lot is well lighted, fenced and patrolled by JAXPORT security 24 hours per day. The lot is located adjacent to the terminal building, requiring only a short walk. No reservations are required for parking.

For more information here is the link to the JaxPort Cruise Terminal web page

http://jaxport.com/sea/cruise.cfm

jw:cool:

Thank you so much for this thread. We will be leaving from Jax for the first time next January. Grew up in Jax but didn't have a clue where the port was. Been gone since 1961. ;)

• 8 months later...

There is a new lot just before you get to the Jaxport Terminal at the intersection of August Drive and Hecksher Dr. It is advertising $10 a day, but I have not had any feedback from anyone about their service. If anyone has any info beyond this, please post it when you get time.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

You have certainly provided alot of info on the Jax part of the Cruise and I have about 3 pages of notes! :)

My question is (since the posts are a bit dated), our family (me, wife and 16 year old son is going on our first cruise August 15th, 2011 and I am now working on booking the hotel. I would like to take advantage of a cruise package.

I have been looking heavily at the HIE-Blount Island, but the reviews and such are somewhat outdated. Can anyone tell me if this is a good resource for a hotel for a cruise out of Jax? Where is the best place to book this? (I looked on priceline and all, but don't see where they offer a deal on cruise packages). Should I just book through the hotel directly?

Thanks to all of you who take the time to answer questions for first time cruisers!

Tommy

P.S. my email is tominator_425@yahoo.com if you want to email your reply. It seems that I am not all that proficient at subscribing to my posts (or they are messed up). Thx!

Edited by tominator
added info

We used Hyatt Place, Jax A/P.

I looked this up on priceline and read through all the reviews, amenities, etc. This is the first hotel that I have read about that really sounds good! We decided not to mess with a cruise and park package, but try to stay at a nice hotel and just park at the port.

Thanks for your response!

Yes, the info in this thread is a little dated, but overall I think most of it is still pertinent. I will do some checking this week and next to see what new things we can add to the JaxPort experience.

FYI... I just returned from a Port Canaveral departure on the Carnival Dream, and I have to say, PC has the best embarkation/debarkation procedures that we have ever used.

Hopefully, JaxPort will take heed and if/when we get a permanent port, they can try to match or exceed the facilities and staff at PC.

Yes, the info in this thread is a little dated, but overall I think most of it is still pertinent. I will do some checking this week and next to see what new things we can add to the JaxPort experience.

FYI... I just returned from a Port Canaveral departure on the Carnival Dream, and I have to say, PC has the best embarkation/debarkation procedures that we have ever used.

Hopefully, JaxPort will take heed and if/when we get a permanent port, they can try to match or exceed the facilities and staff at PC.

It would be nice for sure and it would also be nice to have some other

choices of cruiselines here......maybe if we had a nicer port others

would want to sail from here.

Edited by Lois R