Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thanks for being a good sport and you'll love your balcony. It's a great rate. I saw the 1A and then it disappeared but I thought maybe it was on hold or something so I kept trying and it became available and I put it on hold and paid this a.m. Airfares weren't bad either. Jetblue r/t from LGA came to $270. and anything under $300. these days is darn good. I saved a few bucks because I'm flying back from PBI. Staying with the family for a couple of days after the cruise.

I cruise solo a lot these days and I think you'll enjoy it. I enjoy the company of traveling with a friend but I hate to compromise when I'm vacation so it works out great for me. You can always find people to socialize with. When you want to meet others, there's always group activities like team trivia, shore excursions, etc.

Enjoy!

That is a good price for the air fare. I live in Florida (Gainesville) about 5 hours from Miami but was thinking about flying down. A direct flight was $225 r/t. Going all the way from LGA for less than $50 more is a steal.

I may still fly, but I'll probably drive. I love road trips... I bring some tunes and a book on tape and I can zip along all day.

I'm sure I'll have a great time on the cruise. I like being alone (I tell people I'm a recluse who is still in the closet) but I like meeting new people too. Should be fun.

That is a good price for the air fare. I live in Florida (Gainesville) about 5 hours from Miami but was thinking about flying down. A direct flight was $225 r/t. Going all the way from LGA for less than $50 more is a steal.

I may still fly, but I'll probably drive. I love road trips... I bring some tunes and a book on tape and I can zip along all day.

I'm sure I'll have a great time on the cruise. I like being alone (I tell people I'm a recluse who is still in the closet) but I like meeting new people too. Should be fun.

Yes, it should be fun. Hope to see you on board.

Great deals popping up everywhere in last few days. Not sure if its a reduced single supplement but the rate for me to cruise on 7 day Western Carnival Magic in a Balcony (single) dropped about $400 today to $988.50 + $91.20 taxes/fees= $1,080.20 with a Pack N Go Rate on August 24, 2014. I'd check the rates out there because this is the time to book for late August/September

Edited by Stallion

It's down at the moment.

They seem to update about once every 6 weeks with the list of cruises with no supplement but the url changes. Use goccl.com and it will be listed under specials when it's back.

You can always go to the Carnival website and do a cruise search for 1 person for the time you want to sail and the results will be shown in price order so you can get an idea of what cruises have no single supplement. That's how I found my $365. bargain on Carnival Breeze.

Just got an email from Royal, they are bringing back the bogo offer from awhile back. First person pays full price and second is half price(or 150% for solos). If you have been waiting on a low supplement deal now is the time to look. Deal is combinable with many of the current offers.

Doesn't cover every sailing but most any sailing in 2015. Expires 8-8

Update: Azamara seems to be having the same sale.

Edited by aerospace

NCL Dawn has a 12 day repo Caribbean Cruise sailing on April 19th 2015 out of New Orleans and disembarking in Boston. All cabins are 25% off. For solo travelers only. Ex: Inside cabin (deck 8 & 9) price of 1049.00 and with tax $1158.56 ($200.00 deposit). You have to do an incomplete/fake booking in order to see actual discounted prices.

Edited by Starrgazer50

This is apparently "great cruise deal" week...I got a email from NCL this morning with GREAT deals (Florida/Georgia resident rates but maybe they are available for other states too) on Norwegian Getaway cruises this month. I have booked a 7-day solo minisuite guarantee for $779 (plus taxes, fees, gratuity of course on top of that.)

Glad that week was so open on my work calendar--it's my birthday week too! :)

This is apparently "great cruise deal" week...I got a email from NCL this morning with GREAT deals (Florida/Georgia resident rates but maybe they are available for other states too) on Norwegian Getaway cruises this month. I have booked a 7-day solo minisuite guarantee for $779 (plus taxes, fees, gratuity of course on top of that.)

Just to be clear the $779 includes port charges. Just taxes and gratuities will be extra. And my TA gave me a $50 OBC. :)

Wow!!! that's terrific!!!! Have fun

Just to be clear the $779 includes port charges. Just taxes and gratuities will be extra. And my TA gave me a $50 OBC. :)
If they show any 3-D films in the theatre (they did on Breakaway) I can highly recommend the experience even if the film isn't so hot. They have a system that is even better than a local cinema's. The screen is huge. And you get "free" popcorn.

Norwegian has an AMAZING deal for the October 4, 2014 Getaway sailing! There's no single supplement on all of their cabins from interior ($509) up the mini suites ($979). If you put in for one person it comes up double that price until you click on which room type you want in the second step. Studios are $240 more than an interior!

I booked last night, hoping others can jump on this great deal. :)

Edited by RCH1234

Norwegian has an AMAZING deal for the October 4, 2014 Getaway sailing! There's no single supplement on all of their cabins from interior ($509) up the mini suites ($979). If you put in for one person it comes up double that price until you click on which room type you want in the second step. Studios are $240 more than an interior!

I booked last night, hoping others can jump on this great deal. :)

I didnt' see your post but luckily i checked NCL today just for the heck of it and found the sailing i wanted for my birthday ( the 9/20-9/27/14 sailing) now has no single supplement.

The last time i checked it was like $1300.

I booked a BA Balcony. NCL has it for $823.92 total. You can save a little if you book a guaranty at a lower level Balcony.

It took me most of the day to book while checking around for discounts and trying to figure out the location and cabin i wanted to choose. Lots of cruise critic searching. Searching airfares and so on.

Be sure to follow the booking steps in the quote, as you wont find it otherwise and some travel sites arent aware of the balcony upgrade.

My cabin is near the solo lounge so i can go to the gatherings.

Anyone now where i can go to see which cabins have the bed by the balcony versus the door?

Edited by CaliforniaDreamer

Several NCL last minute Alaska cruises have no solo surcharge, with obstructed windows for as low as $259+fees (same price as interior) and balconies starting at $389. I wish I could squeeze that in, but airfare for me hurts the deal (air alone is ~$440 after bag fees for one), though for ~$1000 all in its tempting. Not all itineraries have these rates, but at least several of the north or south routes do (not the roundtrip Seattle or Vancouver cruises).

Edited by Okmyx

Anyone now where i can go to see which cabins have the bed by the balcony versus the door?

If you look at the deck plans you will see that one wall is straight and the other has an indentation. The side with the indentation going inwards has the bed by the balcony (that's why the area closer to the balcony is wider). Reversely, the side where the indentation goes outwards has the bed closer to the entrance . For example, stateroom 10780 will have the bed closer to the balcony and stateroom 10778 will have the bed in the middle. The narrower part will have the sofa and the wider part will have the bed.

Several NCL last minute Alaska cruises have no solo surcharge, with obstructed windows for as low as $259+fees (same price as interior) and balconies starting at $389. I wish I could squeeze that in, but airfare for me hurts the deal (air alone is ~$440 after bag fees for one), though for ~$1000 all in its tempting. Not all itineraries have these rates, but at least several of the north or south routes do (not the roundtrip Seattle or Vancouver cruises).

I saw those low rates for the NCL Sun. I would have done Alaska if the deals were near what i got on Getaway. I just didnt want to do the Sun again.

If you look at the deck plans you will see that one wall is straight and the other has an indentation. The side with the indentation going inwards has the bed by the balcony (that's why the area closer to the balcony is wider). Reversely, the side where the indentation goes outwards has the bed closer to the entrance . For example, stateroom 10780 will have the bed closer to the balcony and stateroom 10778 will have the bed in the middle. The narrower part will have the sofa and the wider part will have the bed.

Thank you SO much cruise pup. Turns out my cabin has the bed nearer the balcony. Which is what i wanted.

I saw those low rates for the NCL Sun. I would have done Alaska if the deals were near what i got on Getaway. I just didnt want to do the Sun again.

Thank you SO much cruise pup. Turns out my cabin has the bed nearer the balcony. Which is what i wanted.

You're welcome. That is where my bed was situated on Breakaway and I prefered it since you had a lot more room in the center of the stateroom. I also liked to keep the door opened and get a breeze while I slept and also look out the window while lying in bed.

Just received an email from Carnival offering me an up-sell from a 1A to a mid-ship ocean view for $24. It would normally cost around $450. for this upgrade. So this kinda makes up for the single supplement. My bottom line price is actually $2.00 less than the current per person double rate for the same category.