Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi Just wanted to mention I got a very good price on a back to back(8 night each)cruise on Carnival Freedom Sept.27th and Oct.4th. Total price for my own inside(1a level) cabin is $1243.38 including port and taxes. Also I will get a $50.00 on board credit on the second cruise. Does not include tips. Kendra

enjoy! 2 weeks as a solo cruiser -- sounds great!

So excited!! Just booked a 1a with sofa and porthole on the Freedom for 625 total including travel protection. 8 nights at sea here I come. Just hoping there are some other solos or folks my age (45) on board. The role call is really quiet.

Just found this thread and will be watching. I have never seen deals for solo travel and am very interested in doing an east med cruise so maybe something will pop up.

Just found this thread and will be watching. I have never seen deals for solo travel and am very interested in doing an east med cruise so maybe something will pop up.

Look at the Norwegian epic. I think she is over there somewhere and has cabins specifically built for solo travelers. They are called the studios and are awesome!

I was on the eastern Med itinerary on Norwegian Jade. It came up as a very good offer as a solo price in a double cabin.

So excited!! Just booked a 1a with sofa and porthole on the Freedom for 625 total including travel protection. 8 nights at sea here I come. Just hoping there are some other solos or folks my age (45) on board. The role call is really quiet.

Jenna, what week are you traveling?

Donna

Some posters have mentioned different sailings for 1A inside cabins on Carnival Freedom. My sailing of Dec 13, 2014 can be added to the list - $499 solo, no supplement I just had my TA adjust that price with Carnival. It wiped out my final payment and I wound up with some OBC.

Some posters have mentioned different sailings for 1A inside cabins on Carnival Freedom. My sailing of Dec 13, 2014 can be added to the list - $499 solo, no supplement I just had my TA adjust that price with Carnival. It wiped out my final payment and I wound up with some OBC.

What are the ports for this sail date?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

Try MSC. Was on the Armonia in May. Great ports. I ended up travelling with my son but originally booked as a solo for 150% supplement.

These are such good deals.The same thing happened on my Canada New England cruise on the Splendor in Oct. All paid off and OBC.

Also not always insides as often they have portholes.

Edited by maryann2

Try MSC. Was on the Armonia in May. Great ports. I ended up travelling with my son but originally booked as a solo for 150% supplement.

These are such good deals.The same thing happened on my Canada New England cruise on the Splendor in Oct. All paid off and OBC.

Also not always insides as often they have portholes.

I found the porthole 1A cabins to be cramped and in the bow of the ship. The 1A cabins on upper, empress and verandah decks are L shaped, slightly aft and larger than the standard inside.

I found the porthole 1A cabins to be cramped and in the bow of the ship. The 1A cabins on upper, empress and verandah decks are L shaped, slightly aft and larger than the standard inside.

The porthole cabins are supposed to have same square footage as an inside cabin. To me it seems bigger than a standard inside because it had only one bed instead of two in it. But it had a full size couch and a coffee table so when you're traveling solo it's nice to have a little living area. Only thing I don't like about port hole cabins is the noise of the waves hitting the bow of the ship when the sea is rough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Morgsmom,

how did you find such special rates ? online ? through travel agent and Carnival customer rep ? I went to Carnival website and did not see this, maybe I'm not looking at the right place ?

thanks.

This rate is still showing for Nov 15th.

Carnival.com. Do a fake booking and scroll through to the last page and it shows the reduction for 1A. You have to scroll through to the end though.

Still a 1A with porthole left.

This rate is still showing for Nov 15th.

Carnival.com. Do a fake booking and scroll through to the last page and it shows the reduction for 1A. You have to scroll through to the end though.

Still a 1A with porthole left.

What do you mean by scrolling to the end ? What page are you on ?

Thanks

What do you mean by scrolling to the end ? What page are you on ?

Thanks

Go to Carnival.com

Then click on date 1 person etc

Then when you get the choices do a booking, no need to put in name etc at this point.

Before you need to actually book the price will show IA reduction. The portholes are gone now but still 1As showing.

If you are still having problems just call Carnival and they would tell you the price on the phone. Make sure you tell them you want the 1A.

1 800 CARNIVAL