Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi again! Let me know if this question is OK to post here: Cruise Tracker just emailed me that my cabin on Princess for June 14th was just reduced by $45. That means $90 for me as a solo traveler.

3 questions:

1. If I call Princess, what should I expect them to do?

2. What should I ASK them to do?

3. If I call them now, and they do something for me (upgrade, OBC, or something else) and then the price goes down AGAIN? Will I be able to get them to do anything for me AGAIN?

Thanks!

Saw this on the main Carnival forum: New Carnival Single Occupancy Offers

I booked the Splendor for less than what the fare is on the list, so make sure to have a look on the Carnival website to get the best available rate. Plus they don't show the 1A cabin rate until you request inside. On my cruise it's $5.00/day less than the regular insides. And I get a larger cabin and portholes.

Hi again! Let me know if this question is OK to post here: Cruise Tracker just emailed me that my cabin on Princess for June 14th was just reduced by $45. That means $90 for me as a solo traveler.

What should I ASK them to do?

I assume you mean June of this year? If so you are past final payment so they may do nothing as you have no leverage, you can't cancel and rebook for instance. You can ask for an OBC for the difference though I doubt you would succeed. If you want a small upgrade like from a guarantee to pick your own room that might work if the price is less than $90 difference. 5min phone call can't hurt, try it.

Edited by aerospace

I assume you mean June of this year? If so you are past final payment so they may do nothing as you have no leverage, you can't cancel and rebook for instance. You can ask for an OBC for the difference though I doubt you would succeed. If you want a small upgrade like from a guarantee to pick your own room that might work if the price is less than $90 difference. 5min phone call can't hurt, try it.

I never did this with Princess but when the rates dropped on some other cruise lines, getting a balcony was only $80. more and they allow you to upgrade after final payment. It's just another option to look into and for me was well worth the money.

MSC UK has no single supplement on their one-night hop from Southampton to Amsterdam on 26th May. Fares are just £19 for inside or outside, and £29 for a balcony cabin. MSC Club discounts apply. I paid £26.10 for a balcony cabin to myself plus £20 for 24 hours all-inclusive drinks. I am using Avios to return to the UK.

Edited by Skipper Tim

It appears that the there is no single supplements on most Brilliance of the Seas cruises from October 2014 through spring 2016. I just booked a 5-day cruise week of December 1, 2015 out of Tampa with a balcony room for $650 which includes all taxes, fees and gratuities.

On May 9th I booked the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston, SC for a 7 night cruise. There was no single supplement. Today I noticed the no supplement price has been removed.

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to book.

On May 9th I booked the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston, SC for a 7 night cruise. There was no single supplement. Today I noticed the no supplement price has been removed.

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to book.

Hoping for no supplement on a Nov/Dec sailing of this cruise!

It appears that the there is no single supplements on most Brilliance of the Seas cruises from October 2014 through spring 2016. I just booked a 5-day cruise week of December 1, 2015 out of Tampa with a balcony room for $650 which includes all taxes, fees and gratuities.

You must have gotten lucky...all are showing 200% as of right now...tried to book a couple this fall...and they all showed double the rate for single

You must have gotten lucky...all are showing 200% as of right now...tried to book a couple this fall...and they all showed double the rate for single

Yes. I checked as well. What is the sail date you booked it for?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

Wow, Royal must have just changed the rates on Brilliance of the Seas cruises because that no single supplement was available for the past couple weeks. There was no single supplement on all cabins literally on all sailings from Nov 2013 - April 2016. I just checked Vtogo and they still have all Brilliance cruises listed with no single supplement, but they can be a couple days behind updating thier single supplement deal list. Glad I finally pulled the trigger and booked when I did...whew!!!

Edited by mfeld

Not a proper solo deal but the rate has dropped so even with double fare the price is ok(ish)

Ruby princess round britain 12n 23 May and 4 June

£399(2pax),

£797(solo)

the taxes are £130 so should be (2 * (399-130)) + 130 = £668

Not a proper solo deal but the rate has dropped so even with double fare the price is ok(ish)

Ruby princess round britain 12n 23 May and 4 June

£399(2pax),

£797(solo)

the taxes are £130 so should be (2 * (399-130)) + 130 = £668

All the current P&O cheapish offers are asking 100% sup too. I thought the same - that it should be 100% less one set of charges. Rip-off Britain, eh?

MSC UK has no single supplement on their one-night hop from Southampton to Amsterdam on 26th May. Fares are just £19 for inside or outside, and £29 for a balcony cabin. MSC Club discounts apply. I paid £26.10 for a balcony cabin to myself plus £20 for 24 hours all-inclusive drinks. I am using Avios to return to the UK.

Oh, you are living dangerously. You'll hardly have time to visit the Purser's Desk and remove the gratuities!

Wow, Royal must have just changed the rates on Brilliance of the Seas cruises because that no single supplement was available for the past couple weeks. There was no single supplement on all cabins literally on all sailings from Nov 2013 - April 2016. I just checked Vtogo and they still have all Brilliance cruises listed with no single supplement, but they can be a couple days behind updating thier single supplement deal list. Glad I finally pulled the trigger and booked when I did...whew!!!

I booked a solo balcony on Brilliance 1/17/15 for $617 total. Oceanview was $525. You're right, none of the cruises during that timeframe had single supplements when I booked.

I booked a solo balcony on Brilliance 1/17/15 for $617 total. Oceanview was $525. You're right, none of the cruises during that timeframe had single supplements when I booked.

Good afternoon..I don't know how you are getting these prices..I have tried for the last couple of days to book RCL solo balcony w/o single supplements fee & they keep showing double occupany rates? Is there a trick I am missing? I would love to travel around Sept this year or beginning of next year but can't get the rates you are posting:confused: Any help would be appreciated...:D

Good afternoon..I don't know how you are getting these prices..I have tried for the last couple of days to book RCL solo balcony w/o single supplements fee & they keep showing double occupany rates? Is there a trick I am missing? I would love to travel around Sept this year or beginning of next year but can't get the rates you are posting:confused: Any help would be appreciated...:D

Are you putting in for 1 passanger? It will automatically say for 2 so you need to change that and then the single rates should come up.

Unfortunately it appears that the current promotion is only in the US, and excludes loyal UK cruisers.

I have used a US TA to make several bookings for me and others on RCI. They even have a UK phone number now (I used Skype and email). I can't mention their name but if you google More Cruises then they are the result with two hyphens in their name.

I've not experienced low SS on RCCL except for the new studios....perhaps there are rare exceptions. The only time I had a low SS was when NCL upgraded my Getaway cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have used a US TA to make several bookings for me and others on RCI. They even have a UK phone number now (I used Skype and email). I can't mention their name but if you google More Cruises then they are the result with two hyphens in their name.

Thanks for that. I'll take a good look later on.

Sandra