Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Booked the Carnival Conquest b2b 7 day Eastern and Western Caribbean out of Miami October 26th and Nov. 2 for under under $1000.00! Inside cabin w/ two port holes. Great Deal!

Thanks for the goccl link! :D

Edited by Starrgazer50

Hi' date=' Starrgazer. Forgive the newbie question, but where do the portholes look out to, if you're in an inside cabin? Thanks![/quote']

Inquiring minds want to know

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

THanks! Are these porthole cabins the same price as insides without any view??

They are actually cheaper than regular insides as at present 1As have no solo supplements whereas the regular 4A insides are 200%.

There are some 1As without portholes also and some people prefer those but I love these ones.

Hi' date=' Starrgazer. Forgive the newbie question, but where do the portholes look out to, if you're in an inside cabin? Thanks![/quote']

I just learned about the porthole inside cabins when the Carnival rep. called me.

Glad I was able to nab one.

Thank you Ohiogymrat and Maryann2 for the info and video. :)

The category 1A's are always cheaper than the cat 4 insides and they are larger. You only have 1 bed and a sofa that converts into a 2nd bed. The cat 4 insides are very tight and there is no sofa. Not even an armchair. I don't remember a table either. So less is definitely more. Even the 1A's without a porthole are better if you're just 1 person.

2216 is my cabin on the Conquest. Video is Cabin 2216 on similar class ship.

I really like it. Very roomy. Not use to being on such a low deck, but I can live with that. I'll have a nice water show if the seas are rough. ;)

Edited by Starrgazer50

2216 is my cabin on the Conquest. Video is Cabin 2216 on similar class ship.

I really like it. Very roomy. Not use to being on such a low deck, but I can live with that. I'll have a nice water show if the seas are rough. ;)

Hi Neighbor (well, across the ship neighbor - I have 2217 on the second leg of your B2B)

There are a couple of advantages to the location I wanted to point out. Its really convenient to the main show lounge - I like being able to stop off and freshen up before/after dinner.

Its really easy to get back onboard from a port stop - you can skip the elevator line and head right up the stairs.

Hi Neighbor (well, across the ship neighbor - I have 2217 on the second leg of your B2B)

There are a couple of advantages to the location I wanted to point out. Its really convenient to the main show lounge - I like being able to stop off and freshen up before/after dinner.

Its really easy to get back onboard from a port stop - you can skip the elevator line and head right up the stairs.

Hi Neighbor:)

Thanks for the info. Avoiding the elevator crowds is a big plus!

I have yet to learn my way around the ship through the deck plans. By the time the second leg comes along I'll be an expert! :p

If you are in a forward cabin it's best to take MyTime Dining or see that you're seated in the traditional seating in the 2nd level of the midship restaurant. Saves the hassle of having to go all the way to the aft. You will need to walk there for dining room breakfast, lunch and brunch. The only issue I had with these cabins is if the seas are rough there is a loud banging noise (sounds like someone is slamming a file cabinet closed). But the advantages definitely outweigh the dis (Take earplugs like, I do. You never know on a ship what disturbing sounds may crop up).

Carnival Breeze 8 nights Departing Sept 13 2014 from Miami:

Cove Balcony $699 w no supplement.

FL residents get one for $629!

I was already to book it when I discovered that I have a commitment on the 13th that I just can't get out of. :(

I was just browsing around (wish I had more vacation time with all these deals going on) and found:

Carnival Splendour 7 day R/T New York departing 9/27

Visiting Boston, Portland, St. John and Halifax

$349 solo inside gty

$567 with taxes and fees

Saw that too. Taxes and fees are kinda high (even though I wouldn't need airfare). But the real deal breaker for me is that you have to pay in full since it's past final payment day. As we get closer I'll see if it's still available. Right now I just had to make final payment on my MSC Divina cruise in October. That was quite a buy ($360. for 7 night inside single including taxes and fees) but I booked this in February and it sold out quickly. Don't mind the airfare for this one.

Edited by cruise pup

Couldn't resist the single upper/lower inside rate of $365 including the taxes and fees for the 9/21/14 Carnival Breeze 6-night Western Caribbean cruise. Grabbed the last one. Now it looks like the Cove Balcony are the best rate at $555 including taxes and fees. Still a great deal but that $200. savings will help to cover my airfare.

So you snagged the last 1A! Glad you got it Cruise Pup.

I was looking at that yesterday and decided to book it while I was falling asleep last night. This morning it was gone, but I had talked myself into going, so I booked a 7C instead. :)

This will be my first solo cruise, and I'm looking forward to it.

So you snagged the last 1A! Glad you got it Cruise Pup.

I was looking at that yesterday and decided to book it while I was falling asleep last night. This morning it was gone, but I had talked myself into going, so I booked a 7C instead. :)

This will be my first solo cruise, and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for being a good sport and you'll love your balcony. It's a great rate. I saw the 1A and then it disappeared but I thought maybe it was on hold or something so I kept trying and it became available and I put it on hold and paid this a.m. Airfares weren't bad either. Jetblue r/t from LGA came to $270. and anything under $300. these days is darn good. I saved a few bucks because I'm flying back from PBI. Staying with the family for a couple of days after the cruise.

I cruise solo a lot these days and I think you'll enjoy it. I enjoy the company of traveling with a friend but I hate to compromise when I'm vacation so it works out great for me. You can always find people to socialize with. When you want to meet others, there's always group activities like team trivia, shore excursions, etc.

Enjoy!

The August 24th 2014 sailing of the Allure of the Seas has balconies priced lower than insides. I found this deal on the website with the 90 day ticker.

The single supplement rate is only 13% for balconies, compared to 50% for insides and ocean-views. :eek:

I tried a test booking on RCCL's website, but it isn't showing up. I'm not sure if the promotion is still available or not, but hopefully someone can take advantage of this deal.

I wish I had available vacation time for some of these great cruise deals posted on this thread. :)