Wrong Name Printed On Ticket!

hjmrlm

Anyone Ever Have The Wrong Last Name Printed On The Ticket For Your Cruise? We Leave In A Few Days And I Am A Little Nervous. We Got Married A While Back And I Did Not Change My Last Name To His, So Therefore He Kept His Last Name And I Kept Mine. But When I Got The Tickests In Mail It Had His Last Name My Maiden Name On The Ticket. I Figured I Would Bring My Marriage Liscence And Other Document To Prove He Is Who He Is. Everything Else Is Fine First And Middle Names Just The Last Is Wrong. But That Is A Big Deal. Any Advice? Ta Says Not To Worry They Will Not Even Notice. Worse Case Scenario They Will Chargwe A Name Change Fee At The Gate.

• Administrators
Anyone Ever Have The Wrong Last Name Printed On The Ticket For Your Cruise? We Leave In A Few Days And I Am A Little Nervous. We Got Married A While Back And I Did Not Change My Last Name To His, So Therefore He Kept His Last Name And I Kept Mine. But When I Got The Tickests In Mail It Had His Last Name My Maiden Name On The Ticket. I Figured I Would Bring My Marriage Liscence And Other Document To Prove He Is Who He Is. Everything Else Is Fine First And Middle Names Just The Last Is Wrong. But That Is A Big Deal. Any Advice? Ta Says Not To Worry They Will Not Even Notice. Worse Case Scenario They Will Chargwe A Name Change Fee At The Gate.

You didn't say which cruise line you are on, but if you are sailing from a US port I agree -- this IS a big deal. The TSA requires an accurate manifest from the cruiseline prior to sailing, and your travel documents are supposed to match your ID documents. If I understand your post (I believe you must have typed in all capital letters -- CC's software converts that to capitalizing the first letter of every word), the problem is that your husband's papers do not contain the same last name as his identity documents? And isn't his name on the marriage certificate his last name, and not yours?

I don't want to alarm you, but I think your TA is being too laid back here. I'd be requesting that the tickets be re-issued in the correct names. What name was on your invoice and reservation confirmation? Was there a mistake back then? That could mean it's a recent cruiseline error. Or if you just booked this trip it could be your TA's error. In any event, I wouldn't just show up at the pier assuming it will work out fine -- it very well may, but I wouldn't risk my vacation on it. This isn't like a driver's license that says Robert and a cruise ticket that says Bob -- an incorrect last name could really be a big problem.

Since you used a TA, I'm not sure calling the cruiseline directly will help you -- they may refer you to your TA, especially since this involves changing a name on a booking. But I would certainly try it. Get any promises made that "this will be fine" in WRITING, too, including from your TA. That might give you some ammo if you are denied boarding.

Call whomever you need to call.... the worst case scenario is not that they they will charge a name change fee at the gate... it is that the ship will sail with out you... a 5 minute call is not too much to do in this case... good luck :)

Thanks to everyone I took your advice and called but I had to pay 50.00 for the name change, would rather be safe than sorry. When i called they said that they would not change the name at the gates they would refuse him the privelage of getting on the ship. So....... with that said I am glad I called and got it straight.

Just a ????????? Why the heck did YOU have to pay $ 50 to have the proper name corrected????? You didn't make the error - either your TA did

or the cruise line was at fault - I sure as heck would demand to be reimbursed !! If

you paid the TA with your credit card - and the agent doesn't make it right before you leave - I would call my cc and protest the charge. Credit

card companies carry alot of weight and muscle when it comes to pressuring the merchants to make things right. :mad: :mad:

Thanks to everyone I took your advice and called but I had to pay 50.00 for the name change, would rather be safe than sorry. When i called they said that they would not change the name at the gates they would refuse him the privelage of getting on the ship. So....... with that said I am glad I called and got it straight.

Jolly good!! Now ENJOY the cruise!

Just a ????????? Why the heck did YOU have to pay $ 50 to have the proper name corrected????? You didn't make the error - either your TA did

or the cruise line was at fault - I sure as heck would demand to be reimbursed !! If

you paid the TA with your credit card - and the agent doesn't make it right before you leave - I would call my cc and protest the charge. Credit

card companies carry alot of weight and muscle when it comes to pressuring the merchants to make things right. :mad: :mad:

TA refused to pay said it was not her fault, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Her day will come, people like that will not be in business long. I will never do business with her again, and none of my crowd will and i have 46 going on my cruise. so that is alot of people not going to use her again.

Smart move! Glad to read that you are all set now. $50 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and assurance that you are taking a cruise.

I agree; if you paid with a credit card, contact your credit card company and dispute this $50 charge. Let them figure out who was at fault. It's not hard to do, and you may get your $50 back. If not, at least you will have tried, and you'll all be able to board.

Archived