Would It Be Worth It?

We are cruising in Dec. and have booked a D2. Would it be worth it to switch to a E2 on the hump?

Are there just two of you? How much money would you save? I would probably switch, but that's me. I don't know you or the person with whom you travel.

A cabin on the hump is in a very convenient location. Where is the D2? An E cabin is slightly smaller than a D cabin, but for two people (or three, if the third is a child), the difference won't be noticeable.

I'd switch.

Ditto.. I've sailed in an D2 & E-1 and did not notice much difference in size... the hump area is soooo convient..that's all I will book on the larger ships anymore. Did an aft on Mariner & never again...by the end of the week we were dreading that walk... was good for burning off calories though

If there is just 2 of you, I'd switch to the hump cabin. What you're missing is one seat cushion on the couch (love seat vs sofa).

At this point I target E1's or E2's for our cruises. I really prefer the JS catagory but they're often more than what I'm wanting to spend. D cabin's are nice and I do like the sofa rather than the love seat but, I'd rather have the location and a few extra dollars in my pocket. With us, the couch or love seat is usually a catch all for our stuff. Out of 7 cruises I don't believe the wife and I have sat on the couch or love seat at the same time. Most of the time she prefer to lie on the bed to watch TV if we're in our cabin at all.

I am sorry I am new to the cruise world, what is a "hump" room.

TIA.

If you look at the deck plans, some ships have a small outward curve in the midship area. Cabins on this hump (also called a bubble) are in a very desirable area of the ship.

Thank you, everyone, for your input. It will be my dh and I on the cruise and another cabin for dd and 2 grandaughters. Eight weeks and four days, can't wait.

My vote is for the hump cabin. Had one in Alaska last year and another on Mariner next week.. Great location, very quiet and if its mid-hump you can look both forward and aft!

Where is your current cabin? Even better would be if you could save money and also get the hump cabin. You askedif it would be 'worth it'. Is the E1 more $? Hopefully not.

Archived