Live from the Crown Princess, Oct. 5-12

thatlauragirl

Thanks for the live post! I was hoping someone on the new itinerary would fill us all in! It would be so nice if you could post patters and menus when you return. Please let us know how the Grand Turk stop goes and any other highlights of the cruise. Football on MUTS sounds awesome! Have a wonderful trip.

Thank you! Thank you for starting a live thread! I've been watching for one since we have the same itinerary in a few weeks. I will definitely look forward to seeing the Patters. Congrats on the engagement and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Laure & Nic don't know if you remember us or not....Christine & Terry.....we were suppose to be on this cruise but Terry Has sudden death heart sydrume(sp).... and survived (one in a million) he was in the right place at the right time Hope you guys have a great time.....stay sweet!

Laure & Nic don't know if you remember us or not....Christine & Terry.....we were suppose to be on this cruise but Terry Has sudden death heart sydrume(sp).... and survived (one in a million) he was in the right place at the right time Hope you guys have a great time.....stay sweet!

Of course we remember you! I can't believe how fast time has flown by since January. I had thought you were on this sailing. I'm so sorry to hear about Terry, but am very glad he survived. I still have your email and let me know if you need mine again.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

I'll post a some more random info here.... sorry for the delay, but this internet drives me crazy...boots me off constantly while trying to post. I'll do a full wrap-up when we return.

We are due to arrive to Grand Turk in a few hours. There were several excursions cancelled but there's still a good selection. A note on the Patters said to bring cash for any shopping because a lot of places still don't have phones up so credit card transactions aren't possible.

Kelvin is the CD, Brett is the Deputy CD. Very funny guys.

As far as dining reservations, we just called the reservation line from our room as soon as we boarded (thanks for the tip, CC'ers!). We did the Crown Grill on Monday and the Ultimate Balcony Dining on Wednesday. Well worth the price!!! The quality and quantity of the food was amazing! 2nd formal night was last night and the Alaskan crab was phenomenal! It was also my 30th birthday and they brought out a very yummy cake.

We've been doing the Anytime Dining and in my opinion, the service is "hit and miss". We've had a few wonderful waiters and one that was just plain awful (and we're not picky people). So far, we've requested tables for 2 and were seated twice with no wait. Last night we had a pager and had about a 20 minute wait, which was perfect to head over to Crooners and try a martini (the Dune is delicious!).

More random stuff:

- Muster Drill was at 4:15. Plenty of time to finish before sailaway.

- Baseball Playoffs: We found the Rays game at Club Fusion (kind of strange) on a few of the TV's. The bartender told us the game should be on there again tonight. I'll let you know.

- MUTS: So far we've had football, Sex in the City, Nintendo Wii (yuck), 21, and tonight is the newest Indiana Jones. I love it!

- Crowds: The ship really doesn't seem that full and we haven't had any problems with finding lounge chairs or room at the shows.

- It doesn't look like all the new bungalows on Princess Cays have been completed yet... a few still appear to be under construction.

- I wish there were more staff members around the pool taking drink orders.

- We bought the soda cards and have actually really been enjoying them; it's been really convenient.

- Smooth sailing so far but we hit a rough patch last night for a few hours.

That's all I can think of for right now. Let me know if you need any specific info!

The stairwell by our room is just an emergency stairway for the muster drill. I cannot tell you how much I love our cabin! It's just a nice quiet corner of the ship and I love having the bigger balcony.

I've asked a few staff members about the dry dock but so far no one knows specifically what upgrades/improvements are being made. I'll ask around some more.

I did go to the spa. My fiance' got me a Swedish massage as a birthday present and I absolutely loved it! Sophie from Romania was my massage therapist and she was great. I also love that she didn't try pushing products on me. It was perfect.

I just went to the 75% sale this morning and loaded up on some t-shirts for $3.99 each (they'll be great for working out). They had a bunch of Baltic merchandise as well as a lot of stuff from other Caribbean islands. Also some random bags, purses, hats, ect.

We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner as we were sailing away from St. Maarten and I really recommend that as the scenery was superb. The photographer took some really cool photos and it was one of the neatest experiences I've ever had.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy every minute of it. A couple of questions if you get a chance.

From the patters can you tell me how late Club Fusion open.

Which side of the ship was on the dock side at the different ports.

Thanks again for all the great information you have provided.

I've been waiting for the Crown to arrive in Grand Turk and can't wait for a report - especially the reefs and snorkeling conditions.

The webcam view looks awesome so I hope you enjoy your day :D

Congrats on your engagement - sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise - looking forward to seeing the menu's and patters:D

I'd like to see the menu too and find out if Tuesday night is still yucky caribbean night. I wonder if they'll follow the same gastronomy on the Ruby. You Julia, will find out first. :D

Pia

I'd like to see the menu too and find out if Tuesday night is still yucky caribbean night. I wonder if they'll follow the same gastronomy on the Ruby. You Julia, will find out first. :D

Pia

And I will let you know :D :D

I am hoping to do a 'live from' at least the first week.

What week are you on Pia?

Could you please check the cost of lattes and cappachinos at the cafe. I am trying to decide about whether or not to purchase the coffee card. Thanks. Do they include a mug with the card? Some people say yes and other say no. Thanks.

Best wishes for a happy married life!

Could you please check the cost of lattes and cappachinos at the cafe. I am trying to decide about whether or not to purchase the coffee card. Thanks. Do they include a mug with the card? Some people say yes and other say no. Thanks.

I got a chrome Princess coffee mug with my card but it was $6 extra and that was last year so not sure if it has gone up or not.

If they have mugs (they don't always have them), they charge an extra $5.00 for the coffee card and include the mug. If you need a mug it's worth it. The shops used to sell them for $12.

Pia

Archived