Live from the Crown Princess, Oct. 5-12

thatlauragirl

Just wanted to give a quick update/review from the Crown Princess...

Pre-Cruise: We drove to Ft. Lauderdale Saturday and stayed at the La Quinta Hollywood. It was a very nice hotel w/free parking for the week and a shuttle to the port. Reasonable price ($89) and very clean. It rained over 6" in 24 hours so we mostly stayed in and relaxed.

Embarkation: Our hotel shuttle left at 11 am and by the time we got to the port, there was already a pretty long line. We made it inside, but there was a technical delay so they weren't able to start checking in and boarding for about an hour. It was pretty hot in there and a few people were pretty grouchy, but no big deal. We were still checked in and on-board by 1pm.

Cabin: We're on the Caribe deck in cabin C743. Love, love, love it! It's a small cabin, but very well laid-out and we're very comfortable. The balcony is excellent! Lots of room and I love that half is covered and half is not.

Sailaway: The muster drill was quick and efficient. We headed back to the cabin as we set sail because it was raining pretty hard.

Odds and Ends:

Formal nights are Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm saving the Patters and will post upon return.

This ship is just gorgeous; everything is top-notch.

Princess Cays was wonderful; very relaxing beach day.

Crown Grille was superb.

We're doing the Ultimate Balcony Dining on Wednesday.

MUTS was football on Sunday/Monday. They're playing "Sex in the City" tonight (yay!)

Personal note: My boyfriend proposed to me on Sunday onboard the Crown... I'm unbelievably excited!!! We're now starting to talk about planning a honeymood cruise and I definitely think Princess will be at the top of the list!

Anyway, please let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to post again the next day or two.

Thank you! Thank you for starting a live thread! I've been watching for one since we have the same itinerary in a few weeks. I will definitely look forward to seeing the Patters. Congrats on the engagement and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thank you for posting about this cruise. We are taking this cruise onboard the Crown in January! Looking forward to seeing the Patters when you return home. We have never been to the Eastern Caribbean so would love to hear about your time onboard and all your excursions! Enjoy watching the movie tonight. I just love MUTS.

Congratulations on your engagement! Very exciting!

Congratulations on your engagement. That's so exciting. I'll be getting on the ship when you are getting off. I'm so glad to know what's going on. I can hardly wait for Sunday to get here.

congratulations on the engagement and thank you thank you for the live thread! i was hoping someone would post some info as we are getting on the ship as you are getting off! let us know everything you can....and if you see the baseball playoffs anywhere on the ship starting thursday! also, let us know all about grand turk! keep us posted but don't neglect that fiance :)

Congratulations. Did you go to the cruise critic meet and greet. They had a very active, lively group going on the board and seemed as though they would have been a fun bunch to meet and mingle with.

Carol

Congrats on the engagement and thanks for the posts about this cruise. I will be doing this cruise on 30 november and am really interested in any info.

Thanks again. :D

Please come over to our November 30th Crown roll call -- we'd be happy to have you!

Janette

Personal note: My boyfriend proposed to me on Sunday onboard the Crown... I'm unbelievably excited!!! We're now starting to talk about planning a honeymood cruise and I definitely think Princess will be at the top of the list!

Congratulations!!!!

Princess has a program called Tie the Knot

why don't you head over to the booking agent and start planning.

:D

Congrats on the engagement. You must have been very surprised.

We are sailing the Crown on the 26th. Our one main question is Grand Turk. Will you be stopping there? Please let us know. Keep us posted as I know there will be many questions.

Looking at the floor plans for the Carib deck, the area at the rear of the ship, adjacent to you cabin appears to be for public access. Is that so or is the door locked to prevent anyone from going out there?

congrats! what time was your muster drill? also when you have a chance can you post who the maitre'd and passenger services director are?

:)

The PSD is Peter Hollinson (not sure if I spelled the last name correctly). Very nice guy and he has a home in West Palm Beach.

Thanks, for the update. What night did you do the Crown Grill, do you go to the restaurant to make reservations, or can you make them from your cabin. We're trying to decide which night to do this. Please keep updating, it's great to plan ahead. :p

Thanks for the posting....our son and his wife and 2 of their friends are also on the ship with you.

It appears that Princess was using some new software at check in and it presented problems (this was the first FLL departure of the season). They are doing the Crown Grill tonight, and are enjoying the ship.

Looking at the floor plans for the Carib deck, the area at the rear of the ship, adjacent to you cabin appears to be for public access. Is that so or is the door locked to prevent anyone from going out there?

I believe those are crew stairs only used occasionaly for muster. :)

Archived