Emailing a dining request

kel24

I emailed them last month and received a response within 24 hours. They confirmed that my dining request was granted.

Ditto for me.....I emailed them a very detailed request regarding a large group who wanted to all be together in the dining room and I had a response the next day. And they honored my request to the T. I was VERY impressed!

Karen

When emailing a dining request to dining@rccl.com how long does it take to get a response? It has been a few weeks and I have heard nothing back.

TIA

I have been waiting a few weeks too, others must be lucky. I was thinking about emailing again but I don't want to be to pushy with the request.

I have been waiting a few weeks too, others must be lucky. I was thinking about emailing again but I don't want to be to pushy with the request.

I have also been waiting for a couple of weeks and don't want to keep emailing request after request! I think I will try again and see what happens.

I got a response within a couple of weeks, but certainly not as quickly as some here have posted. Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining Services.

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once guest arrive for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

This cruise has been designated as an immersion cruise, and I'd asked to be placed at a large table with at least a couple of other English speakers. Guess we'll see what happens after we board!

I used the rcldining address last week. Got a response the next day but basically said "request noted for week of sailing...no promises".

I got about the same response as you did, about 2 days after I sent the initial request. I am going to check to see which email address I used to send my request. Maybe it makes a difference. I sent the request with about 40 days out of sailing. I think my response said something to the effect, it's been noted in your file. Maybe it depends on the ship sailing. I'll post again if I send my request to the different email address pointed out in this thread.

Chris

Okay...so I just checked my email...here's the one sentence response that I received from "JJackson":

Request is on file.

Thank You

I did email it to rcldining as well. OP, maybe resend your request to that email (rcldining) address. It seem most of us received a response using that email address. Good luck.

Chris

About 2 months ago I sent my first request. I received 2 separate responses, both telling me that basically my request has been noted. Then I read that they don't really make the table assignments until the week before the cruise. So this past week I sent another request, since I am sailing Saturday....again, I did not get a confirmation.....just them telling me they had my request on file and would do everything possible to make it happen.......I have a feeling I will have to try to get the table I want when I get on the ship. I want a table for just the 3 of us in the family.

A few corrections:

Yes, the correct email address is rcldining.

You will get no table assignment emailing too early. They don't assign tables until WITHIN A WEEK of the sail date.

If you get a response "it's noted in your file", check the contact information at the bottom of the email. There should be a name and phone number there. That should be the dining coordinator for your ship. Call that person within the week before your cruise. Contacting them too early doesn't help, escpecially if you or your TA have already made the request. It's redundant to contact them prior to the week before.

I did this in September for 9/15 and 10/3 sail dates. Worked both times.

I just got my response about 8-10 days after sending in request. We will be on AOS. Does anyone know which is the vivaldi deck. That's where we are, table for 12, table #333. Would love to have some idea where that is, top? middle? bottom? Anything????
Bottom [deck 3]. See AOS deck plans: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=03&shipCode=AD&shipProfile=1082&sailDate=1081102&hasNavigation=false

When emailing a dining request to dining@rccl.com how long does it take to get a response? It has been a few weeks and I have heard nothing back.

TIA

I emailed on a Friday and had my dining request honored on the Monday following :) First time I made a dining request and I am pleased that it was handled so well!

I am reading where people are getting emails back. Has anyone experienced getting what they asked for?

My sister and I used a web based TA. Experience not too bad, until price dropped, but that's another story. Dispite our request, she and her DH are early seating, big table. DH and I are at late seating, small table. We asked teh TA to change one of them, but was told that there would be a service fee of $35. Being we used a TA, would RCCL even consider my email?

I am reading where people are getting emails back. Has anyone experienced getting what they asked for?

My sister and I used a web based TA. Experience not too bad, until price dropped, but that's another story. Dispite our request, she and her DH are early seating, big table. DH and I are at late seating, small table. We asked teh TA to change one of them, but was told that there would be a service fee of $35. Being we used a TA, would RCCL even consider my email?

My honest opinion? Live and learn. It is SO much easier to control your own reservation and make changes FREE OF CHARGE directly with an RCI rep at the other end of the phone.

A $35 charge to change your dining room seating???? That is just plain ridiculous and greedy. RCI doesn't charge - why should your TA???

Archived