Oosterdam Photos from Eastern Caribbean

barefootguy

If I am not mistaken we also were at table 136 on the Oosterdam. We love those aft tables at the center window. I think table 136 is more on the left side. We had the center of the window one that was more on the right side on the Zuirderdam. I think they are the best location:)

You did a GREAT JOB of putting together your pictures of your cruise.:cool:

Thanks so much for sharing.

Actually I think Mike said they were at Table 30 on the Upper Level, not 136.

Mike, thanks so much for those pics!!! So exciting for me about to board the Oosterdam in 2 days!!! But I'll never put together such a fantastic little album. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

While I was at it I hit "Home" by mistake and saw your magnificent lake. Brought back memories our "Lake House" in the Poconos. Really enjoyed those pics, too.

Mike-

I also wanted to thank you so much for your photos. We'll also be cruising Sunday on the the "O." It was so exciting to see the photos of our very own intinerary!!!!

I hope we enjoy our cruise as much as you did.

Beth

Your photos answered a question for me. It looks like your room has the new bed linens, including comfy white duvet. Much nicer than the rather garish orange and purple bedspreads shown in cruise brochures. I wish we were going before May!!!

Bilyeu5,

The mattresses. sheets, pillows & all that stuff got put on/changed the week before we cruised while it was in wet-dock for a week after the summer Alaska cruises.

The most wonderful bed, sheets & my wife says, the pillows... We've found on a ship or hotel...

I was just curious cause it looks like you had a super view! We're booked to be one deck down - Verandah - at the other end of the ship near the aft elevators. From the brochure it looks as though the balconies one deck below that - Upper Promenade - might be larger. Do you know? I'm really wondering if the balconies on this ship are graduated down like on some of the Princess ships. We're familiar with Princess but this is the first time on HA, and our cabin location and especially the balcony are most important to us. Appreciate your information. Thanks so much.

Bucky3,

From our view, all the verandahs near the bow area appeared the same size... Looking at the side photos of the ship, they also appear the same. Some, for the suites, have to be deeper, and of course "cruznon" is going to get a really big one as they will be in the aft area.

Unless you're planning to have a big party on the verandah, we found ours to be a fine size. Just a hint: take an 18" bungee cord with you so you can "hook" the door open. You can "catch" the door in the top outside corner, then run the cord to the hook at the top of the "verandah wall" to the next cabin. It's great to have the door open during the cool hours of the morning when you're coming into port, grabbing coffee, croissants, cameras & binocs from the room.:)

Two other items you might want to bring... Duck tape, made my face mask work for snorkeling in HMC... If we were planning on going diving, this would have been checked before hand. Snorkeling, I just think all is OK... Could be used lots of other places....

The other item, a Swiss Army type knife, opens the soda you buy on the islands that DO NOT have twist off tops....

Archived