Plus size seeking shaper recommendation

happy1

Does anyone know of a good body shaper in a size 2X I can purchase for formal night? Since I carry weight around my middle many of the shapers stop at the waist which result in a muffin-top under my dress. Please help - I'm not expecting miracles but it would be nice to feel better wearing my gown.

I am hoping you get some good answer because I am in the same boat with you. (not literally) I had bought a shaper made by Leggs but it only was a thigh to waist thing. It was comfy & I wore it under a gown to my son's wedding. I'm not sure if I will bother on the cruise. I think I may just opt for comfort over looks. Too much work in the ladies room.

If you're on a Caribbean cruise, you may find all of the "shaper" (girdle) garments a bit hot.

Just try to find flattering shapes that accentuate your "curves', and don't try to suppress them! Look for tops that "flow" over your body, and don't cling or bind. That way, you won't have to be wearing those tight garments!

2 yrs ago. I had some tummy re-a-linement. I ordered from "Make Me Heal"..on line. mine is a 3/4 leg, higher waisted, with boning and 2 side zippers. there is a longer leg also. several colours. it is powerful, but easy to put on. I wear it under several silky things, and it flattens and firms, between "the girls", and my waist,and gives a smoothe look, and is not binding..and has an easy gusset, so you dont have to unzip in the ladies room. Hope this leads you to an answer..parts of me are a sz 16, other parts wish they were!....lucky

Hello!

I'm ALL for anything that helps me look thinner! I have all sorts of brands of shapers. My favorite so far is from Target. The brand is ASSETS they have regular shapers for thighs that go to your waist, and also the ones that go up to your bra line. Only $20. I have yet to try spanx, they are supposed to be great!

you can search online and see what they offer :) GOOD LUCK!

I got a nice one from TJMaxx. It's mid thigh all the way up, and includes the bra. Love everything about it, except going the restroom was a hoot! I got the giggles trying to go, wearing heels, long gown, and trying to use the "opening". Felt like I should have squeezed out a baby the way I had to stand!

Hello!

I'm ALL for anything that helps me look thinner! I have all sorts of brands of shapers. My favorite so far is from Target. The brand is ASSETS they have regular shapers for thighs that go to your waist, and also the ones that go up to your bra line. Only $20. I have yet to try spanx, they are supposed to be great!

you can search online and see what they offer :) GOOD LUCK!

These are made by the same designer as Spanx and are a good bargain.

One of the best body shaping products I have found in the UK are called Magic Knickers - all the fashion gurus are swearing by them and they work a treat. You get them in all styles - long leg, high waist, short leg etc. I'm not sure if you can get them "over the pond" but it may be worth a look.

Best wishes

I second the Maidenform brand. I bought one that has a "waist nipper" and goes to about mid-thigh to wear under my formal on our upcoming cruise. It is their "Flexees" line and I picked it up at Kohls. This was has a little boning in it to keep it from rolling down on you.

2 yrs ago. I had some tummy re-a-linement. I ordered from "Make Me Heal"..on line. mine is a 3/4 leg, higher waisted, with boning and 2 side zippers. there is a longer leg also. several colours. it is powerful, but easy to put on. I wear it under several silky things, and it flattens and firms, between "the girls", and my waist,and gives a smoothe look, and is not binding..and has an easy gusset, so you dont have to unzip in the ladies room. Hope this leads you to an answer..parts of me are a sz 16, other parts wish they were!....lucky

That looks like a great site. I'm wondering if my local Sal-liz store carries something like that. I'll check there first.

One of the best body shaping products I have found in the UK are called Magic Knickers - all the fashion gurus are swearing by them and they work a treat. You get them in all styles - long leg, high waist, short leg etc. I'm not sure if you can get them "over the pond" but it may be worth a look.

Best wishes

Ebay has them. They are a decent price, too, even with the shipping.

I got a nice one from TJMaxx. It's mid thigh all the way up, and includes the bra. Love everything about it, except going the restroom was a hoot! I got the giggles trying to go, wearing heels, long gown, and trying to use the "opening". Felt like I should have squeezed out a baby the way I had to stand!

:eek:omg, I bought one of those also, Had a couple of drinks then went to the ladies room. I was in about the position you described when I lost my balance!!! Ended up with a huge knot on my forhead from hitting my head on the stall door.:eek: I wouldn't tell my dh how I got it until we were driving home. Dh almost ran the car off the road laughing so hard. I felt like putting a knot on his head>lol. Never wore that sucker again!!!:mad:

Id opt for going for comfort, last cruise I bought some, wore it to the formal dinner I was so uncomfortable I went to the bathroom, took them off and trashed them. Went camando all night, whewwwww at least i could breath..lol NOt sure what the cleaning person thought when they emptied the trash.

Archived