Diamond Club question

webgal318

I just made diamond! Yeah! I am sailing on the Indepence of the Seas in March. My father will be with me. Can I bring him into the lounge as a guest? How does RCCL monitor who goes in the lounge?

Is there food and beverages in the lounge?

Thanks

Sylvia

I just made diamond! Yeah! I am sailing on the Indepence of the Seas in March. My father will be with me. Can I bring him into the lounge as a guest? How does RCCL monitor who goes in the lounge?

Is there food and beverages in the lounge?

Thanks

Sylvia

The Diamond Lounge concierge will have a list of who is eligible to enter the Lounge.

It is up to the Concierge to decide if you can bring him in as your guest.

Will he be your roommate?

It depends on the concierge, some don't mind, others say no. No harm in asking.

There is breakfast in the mornings and hors d'oeuvre and cocktails in the evening. There is also tea and coffee all day, including espresso and cappuccino.

By the way, you' ve opened a hornet's nest by asking this question, be prepared for some harsh responses.:mad:

The Diamond Lounge concierge will have a list of who is eligible to enter the Lounge.

It is up to the Concierge to decide if you can bring him in as your guest.

Will he be your roommate?

My father will be my room mate. If they won't let him in, then I won't go.

Sylvia

My father will be my room mate. If they won't let him in, then I won't go.

Sylvia

From what I've heard if he is your roomate then he will be allowed in, no questions asked. But as you can see from my sig., I'm not diamond so I don't know for sure.;)

This past summer, my husband, myself, our son, daughter, future daughter in law, and daughter's best friend sailed on the Voyager. We had three cabins. Each cabin had a Diamond member. All three cabins had a key to CL. All six of us were admitted and welcomed every day/evening.

Independence was very strict on the transatlantic. They made everyone show their card. One night I didn't get my card out and just said, "I'm with him" --my hubby. They made me show my card.:o

That IS really strict.

I had my friend on the Enchantment with me in September. We agree with the OP: if my friend wasn't going to be allowed in the Concierge Lounge, then I wouldn't go, either. First night I introduced us to Julian, showed him my card, explained my friend's status, and he promptly welcomed her and proceeded to give her a CL entry card of her own.

That IS really strict.

I had my friend on the Enchantment with me in September. We agree with the OP: if my friend wasn't going to be allowed in the Concierge Lounge, then I wouldn't go, either. First night I introduced us to Julian, showed him my card, explained my friend's status, and he promptly welcomed her and proceeded to give her a CL entry card of her own.

Julian is my favorite! He is a pleasure.

"This past summer, my husband, myself, our son, daughter, future daughter in law, and daughter's best friend sailed on the Voyager. We had three cabins. Each cabin had a Diamond member. All three cabins had a key to CL. All six of us were admitted and welcomed every day/evening. "

Thats disgraceful - whats the point in people trying to make diamond status when this sort of thing can happen.

jj.......

"This past summer, my husband, myself, our son, daughter, future daughter in law, and daughter's best friend sailed on the Voyager. We had three cabins. Each cabin had a Diamond member. All three cabins had a key to CL. All six of us were admitted and welcomed every day/evening. "

Thats disgraceful - whats the point in people trying to make diamond status when this sort of thing can happen.

jj.......

My poor father is up there in years! As my guest, he either goes to the lounge with me or we both stay out!!! What is the point in making Diamond status if you can't bring your room mate.

Just my opinion

The point is there are more and more Diamond people qualifying under the live at home rule,( and not getting the 10 cruise credits to be a Diamond status), that the lounges are overcrowded!

I can see your point. I am Diamond, Dh is, DS is Dgranddaughter is too, ( all have earned it themselves) but my DD is NOT! On our Liberty cruise in Oct 08, my DD was not allowed in with us.:mad: MY D granddaughter is not old enough to go in at nite time. I am not one to frequent the lounge to start with, my Son is and I'm sure my DD would of gotten use out of it. But rules are rules!

It is up to the Concierge to allow a non Diamond member in.

P.S. Your father may find it a too congested envirorment to be in at an older age. Sometimes it is standing room ONLY!

jj.......

I don't think it's disgraceful: it's up to the cruise line and their staff to make the decision. It's likely based on revenue, too. The ship's that can afford the extra hospitality, do so.

I was just telling DH last night that the CL might be a HUGE money maker for RCCL. Think of all the cruisers that are booking cruises, or suites if they aren't Diamond level, and spending oodles of money on board the ship, because it's got a CL on board. A few extra drinks over the course of a week is well worth that extra passenger spending on board.

When the lounges get really crowded, they open a satellite lounge. We've had this on two cruises. Our last cruise on the Serenade in October had over 250 Diamond members on board!

"I don't think it's disgraceful: it's up to the cruise line and their staff to make the decision."

Sure tell you what i'll book an inside cabin and nip up and rap the door of a Suite and say you don't mind me using your balcony for a few hours !!!

jj.....

Independence was very strict on the transatlantic. They made everyone show their card. One night I didn't get my card out and just said, "I'm with him" --my hubby. They made me show my card.:o
Have they started giving a CL card per person? On Legend we had 1 card for the room, but the lounge was rarely full. I'm still confused about the diamond status. I know I have enough cruises to be diamond (almost +) but hubby does not. I been told here that he is automatically diamond because I am but then I was told that he wasn't. We had a letter addressed to Mr. & Mrs. from the concierge in our room on Legend and the concierge didn't say anything about my husband being there. If you are supposed to have 1 card per person for the CL, then I have to assume he wasn't supposed to be in the lounge but he went both with and without me anyway. C&A currently has his past cruises a mess so they don't know what he is although he should have made diamond from our last cruise. Most of the time I don't have pockets onboard so only carry my sea pass card if I'm not with my husband.

My poor father is up there in years! As my guest, he either goes to the lounge with me or we both stay out!!! What is the point in making Diamond status if you can't bring your room mate.

Just my opinion

I agree. My next cruise is with Mom who is still Platinum. We are sharing a cabin. If she can't go into the lounge, I'll skip it also. I skipped it on our last cruise together simply because she doesn't drink and I didn't feel the need for a pre-dinner cocktail. I never asked if I could bring her in with me - didn't think about it. I think I did go into the lounge once or twice to check email on my computer. I can't remember if I brought her with me then. If I did, the concierge wasn't in there at that time and no snacks or drinks were available so she didn't get anything that she wasn't supposed to have and there were only a few people so we went taking up space for someone else.

Have they started giving a CL card per person? On Legend we had 1 card for the room, but the lounge was rarely full. I'm still confused about the diamond status. I know I have enough cruises to be diamond (almost +) but hubby does not. I been told here that he is automatically diamond because I am but then I was told that he wasn't. We had a letter addressed to Mr. & Mrs. from the concierge in our room on Legend and the concierge didn't say anything about my husband being there. If you are supposed to have 1 card per person for the CL, then I have to assume he wasn't supposed to be in the lounge but he went both with and without me anyway. C&A currently has his past cruises a mess so they don't know what he is although he should have made diamond from our last cruise. Most of the time I don't have pockets onboard so only carry my sea pass card if I'm not with my husband.

There was no card for the Diamond Lounge--in fact, there was no Diamond Lounge--had to use the Pyramid Lounge because there was so many (700+-800). You had to show your Sea Pass with your "status" on it.

I'm still confused about the diamond status. I know I have enough cruises to be diamond (almost +) but hubby does not. I been told here that he is automatically diamond because I am but then I was told that he wasn't.

Check your Guest Vacation Documents book. Page 1 will have your names, C&A membership #'s and status. It should say DIAM for both of you.

There was no card for the Diamond Lounge--in fact, there was no Diamond Lounge--had to use the Pyramid Lounge because there was so many (700+-800). You had to show your Sea Pass with your "status" on it.
I guess if Serenade won't let my mom come with me, then I'll skip the lounge. No point in going by myself. Her card will have Platinum on it.

I really don't see why everyone is so concerned about the Concierge Lounge. I do not see that it is anything wonderful. We have GS cabins and so are entitled to the CL but to me it is totally over-rated.

Please tell me what the appeal is. Free drinks? Elitism? The atmosphere? - I don't think so.

I really don't see why everyone is so concerned about the Concierge Lounge. I do not see that it is anything wonderful. We have GS cabins and so are entitled to the CL but to me it is totally over-rated.

Please tell me what the appeal is. Free drinks? Elitism? The atmosphere? - I don't think so.

I've been in both,the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge. I really enjoy the Diamond Lounge on the Liberty, beautiful view...day and night, and a nice place to meet and talk to fellow cruisers. Yes, the free drinks are a plus, but Elitism-NO, it's just a cruise, not a Donald Trump event.

Hubby and I like to go in for a quiet (free) drink and chit chat with people before dinner. The lounge on Legend only had about a dozen people in it before dinner (late seating) so it wasn't packed like many people are describing. There was always a place to sit. We would also take the computer in there to check e-mails and there were a couple of tables so we could set the computer on a table. There was WIFI access in other lounges, but they either had low tables, no tables, or were noisy with activities.

If it were packed with 700 people, I would not go and and wouldn't feel like I was missing anything. I like being away from the crowds and a free drink isn't enough enticement for me to fight through them.

Archived