What is the occupancy of your Regent ship?

ERParadise

What is the occupancy of your ship this week?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What is the occupancy of your ship this week?

• The ship is full or over 98% full
    • The ship is 90-97% full
    • The ship is 80-89% full
    • The ship is 70-79% full
    • The ship is 60-69% full
    • The ship is 50-59% full
    • The ship is less than 50% full

Dear all Regent cruisers,

As the world-wide recession sets in and many are suffering both business and stock losses it is a relevant question to ask current Regent passengers how full is their ship this week.

I've set up a poll that Regent passengers can report on, and in the commentary they can identify the ship they are on, the current location and what their estimate is for occupancy on that ship this week.:D

If they can collect any comparison data for the same week/same location in prior years that is useful data to maintain some perspective.:cool:

With this data, we will be able to better understand how the recession is impacting Regent.

More importantly, we might be able to track discounts and promotions that increase over time relating to any drop in occupancy that we can find from the data we collect.

Note: Two weeks ago I started a poll that asked some questions about your estimates for how the recession would impact discounts and promotions for late 2009 and 2010. The poll and thread was an attempt at collecting data from Regent advocates/supporters. Unfortunately, the commentaries digressed to some nasty exchanges and ultimately the thread was pulled off Cruise Critic. While economists can argue and have differences of opinion, for some reason good people can become agitated when someone has a different view on the economy. I'm encouraging all participants to maintain respect for one another and use this thread as tool and collector of data. How each person analyzes that data should be kept informative, but civil. Thanks!:)

Enjoy Cruising on Regent!

Steve

It is too much time (at least for me) to do a new poll each week.

But the commentary that passengers provide (name of ship, location, date, occupancy and occupancy during same week of prior years) will be very helpful for us to see trends.

As for the poll itself, if occupancy starts to slide we should see the poll #'s slide over time. Not as dramatic as would show up in a new poll each week or each month, but a trend of the occupancies going down over time.

If this doesn't work we can always try something different in order to capture the best data.

But for now, let's encourage current ship passengers to start participating and then see what the data shows.

Steve

Well you can usually find out easily when you're on board if a ship is full. I happened to find out our upcoming PG trip was sold out from another cruiser. But I doubt if people will remember much from past years, and if they do, I'd hate to be the person to compile these (anecdotal) numbers.

FWIW, my Voyager 70day Western caribbean last December 6th, 2007, was sold out.

Yes, in my Regent experience (just Alaska and 2007 World Cruise), the captains did announce the number of passengers onboard. In fact, on the World Cruise, I beleive he did it for each segment.

When the bridge is open (as it was every sea day on the world cruise), the number of pax and crew is posted in grease pencil on an emegency board.

And on an extended cruise, at least, "sold out" does not necessarily mean full -- or 700 passengers on the Voyager, for example. In our case we had a lot of single women and a couple men in single berths. Though sold out on most segments, it wasn't full. I seem to remember that 635-640 was the max we ever had on any one segment.

So the info you get will be mostly anecdotal, but the gross data may give you some idea of trends.

Larry

I just got off segment 6 (Sydney to Auckland) of the Grand Asia Pacific circle cruise on the Mariner. There were 454 passengers on board. We were told that there would be approximately 475 passengers on the Auckland - Los Angeles leg of the cruise.

BTW, we had a great cruise. It was our first Regent cruise and they certainly exceeded our expectations.

Dave

Two people could easily not only report for the same cruise but report different information for the same cruise. Such a poll is far from scientific, and only a very small sampling of cruise passengers even frequent this board, let alone post. Still, you may get some interesting comments and figures.

Archived