platinum status galveston

we are leaving on the voyager in january out of galveston. we have platinum status (finally!!) what kind of special things do we get going out of galveston? do we get priority check in? the reason i ask is because someone told me it is only in certain ports that you get the priority check in.

I was also looking for platinum benefits. Specifically I want to plan a cruise using the balcony discount. I assume the discount applies per person. How much do you receive for 7 days, 10 days, 12 days. The amount per person could make a big difference. Any help is appreciated.:confused:

Yes, it was true last spring. I had read about the free champagne and snacks and was quite dubious. However, it turned out to be true. I hope they offer this again when Voyager returns to Galveston. I have never seen this at any other port. The best I've seen for priority area was cookies, coffee and lemonade, which RCI seems to have stopped at every port I've recently cruised from. I really expect that these amenities will disappear from Galveston as another cost-cutting move.

yes there is a priority line...BUT...they are so good in Galveston, when you arrive, check out the regular lines too..often they are SHORTER!

The champagne is limited in supply, not really good stuff, the snacks are "reasonable" but they also have punch and juice!

Galveston has priority check-in even though much of the time the regular lines are either just as long or shorter.

They also did champagne and what my hubby calls "giant shrimp on little crackers". I don't know what they'll do this year as the terminal has been gutted and I haven't heard anything about it in a few weeks. I'll let everyone know about the hor d'ouerves when the ship gets here.

Galveston has priority check-in even though much of the time the regular lines are either just as long or shorter.

They also did champagne and what my hubby calls "giant shrimp on little crackers". I don't know what they'll do this year as the terminal has been gutted and I haven't heard anything about it in a few weeks. I'll let everyone know about the hor d'ouerves when the ship gets here.

Have you heard anything about the terminal in the last couple of weeks? I have not heard much about rebuilding down there in the past couple of weeks... See you there in 3 weeks!

Have you heard anything about the terminal in the last couple of weeks? I have not heard much about rebuilding down there in the past couple of weeks... See you there in 3 weeks!

I concur with that question as well Rancher Dave - the family is on her on January 4th. Anyone have any new inside information on what to expect now that we're a couple months post Ike?

I concur with that question as well Rancher Dave - the family is on her on January 4th. Anyone have any new inside information on what to expect now that we're a couple months post Ike?

Last pictures I saw from near the port indicate a lot to do for the business interests by the port, but no news or pictures out of the port. May have to ask over on CCL side of CC since that terminal is in use.

I don't have enough time to lead a work team down there until after our cruise...so unless we go to Dickins on the Strand which is not likely, I probably will not know until the 28th...may be able to post that day, but CruiseloverandAgent should be there next weekend.

Yes, it was true last spring. I had read about the free champagne and snacks and was quite dubious. However, it turned out to be true. I hope they offer this again when Voyager returns to Galveston. I have never seen this at any other port. The best I've seen for priority area was cookies, coffee and lemonade, which RCI seems to have stopped at every port I've recently cruised from. I really expect that these amenities will disappear from Galveston as another cost-cutting move.

That's great news about Voyager doing that MAYBE. The Splendour used to do it, but never did that on the Rhapsody or any other ship I have been on. I wonder if it is ship specific--whatever the Food & Beverage manager decides???? We shall see in march when we are going back on the Voyager!!!

My family of four are Platinum members, but in March we are traveling on the Voyager with a group of 20 others who are not. Can we take the group with us to the priority check-in or do they have to go through regular check-in? Just curious.

Sailed twice last year on the Voyager from Galveston and they had champagne both times. In January the regular line was much shorter than the VIP line. In March there were far fewer VIP's and that line was shorter.

First class operation!:) Both times!

My family of four are Platinum members, but in March we are traveling on the Voyager with a group of 20 others who are not. Can we take the group with us to the priority check-in or do they have to go through regular check-in? Just curious.

To avoid embarrassment, I wouldn't attempt it. They WILL make the rest of your party go to the end of the other line.

To answer some questions,

The pier should be ready in time for next weekend! Oh, how quickly time flies. There are some improvements which include more customs agent booths.

Galveston is healing nicely. Almost everything on the seawall is back up and running. The downtown area is coming along very quickly, but the scars are still very fresh. The island will be forever changed. There isn't much open downtown yet and most places are planning on an early 2009 opening.

Priority boarding is for priority guests and anyone listed on the setsail pass or in the absenceof the SS, the people listed in the room. Everyone is checked prior to getting in line and anyone that isn't priority will be sent to the regular line. This is so that the priority line doesn't get too long. They will also not be allowed to sit in the priority area either as it is not very big.

Nope, they will look at you set sail passes & if you are not in a suite or plat & above, they will not let you in the priority line. Guess if you want to be in line with them, you need to go in their line & not priority, but it sounds like the "regular" line is usually shorter.

I live in Houston but have a house in Galveston (my husband is BOI (born on the island for those of you who don't know the term) and we are here in Galveston this weekend and attended the Dickens on the Strand Festival and it was great! Lots of support for the rebuilding of Galveston and just a great event overall. Lots of places on the Strand are either back in business or very close so it looks like they are shooting for being up and running by Mardi Gras which would be great. We are cruising out of Galveston February 1st and are glad to see so much of this area coming back!

Archived