Uncovered or Covered Help

DEERINH2O

Hi all, our neighbors are booked in Dolphin 722 Mini Suite on the upcoming Ruby, she said Princess assured her that this cabin balcony is half covered and half uncovered (like the caribe) I thought that the Dolphin Deck didn't have covers. I know on the CB that the Dolphin decks were uncovered because we looked down and talked with people.... Am I wrong... is it different on the Ruby?

Thanks All,

Kathy

We were just in Dolphin 728 on the Emerald and there was no cover. (Emerald and Ruby are identical in this aspect.)

I didn't think it was a big issue, we enjoyed some sun either in the morning or evening depending if you are heading North or South.

Some folks don't like the open balconies but I didn't really care if someone could look down into ours, I think most people are respectful of your privacy.

The Dolphin balconies are the same size as Carib, I think where you gain the space is inside the cabin.

If a covered deck is what you want, try the Emerald deck in the 700's right below where we were in D728.

The Dolphin balconies are the same size as Carib, I think where you gain the space is inside the cabin.
The above information is incorrect. Mini-suite balconies are smaller than standard balcony cabins on Caribe deck. Caribe balconies are 9' x 9'; mini-suite balconies are, I believe, 9' x 7'.

Your friends received incorrect information. ALL Dolphin deck mini-suites are completely uncovered; the only covered mini-suites are the few on Emerald deck, only six on each side towards the back of the ship.

Sorry, I didn't grab a tape measure and climb up, lol.

They looked about the same from where I was standing and estimating the length of the divider.

Where it looked like you lost space was in the length of the cabin. Basically the Carib staterooms ended where our balcony began and the rooms were the same width as ours so...

We were just in Dolphin 728 on the Emerald and there was no cover. (Emerald and Ruby are identical in this aspect.)

I didn't think it was a big issue, we enjoyed some sun either in the morning or evening depending if you are heading North or South.

Some folks don't like the open balconies but I didn't really care if someone could look down into ours, I think most people are respectful of your privacy.

If a covered deck is what you want, try the Emerald deck in the 700's right below where we were in D728.

Actually, the Cabins are larger on the Dolphin Deck as they are mini siutes. but the balconies are slightly smaller than those on the Caribe deck.

Kootz

You got incorrect info from your TA on your Dolphin deck mini.

D729 will most definitely be fully uncovered balcony and sized 9 ft wide x 7 ft deep. Only the Caribe deck balconies are half-covered and these are only attached to regular balcony cabins and not mini-suites. (Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 x 9).

I have been on the Caribbean Princess and the Crown (same design as Ruby) and know first hand about the balcony designs and also saw the Ruby while she was docked in FLL before our Crown cruise a few weeks ago. The Dolphin deck balconies are definitely uncovered.

Hopefully the lack of ceiling cover will be OK for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Below is a side view picture of the Ruby Princess. Dolphin deck is the deck above the lifeboats and balconies show as uncovered.
Here are some more photos. You can see that the Emerald deck balconies (the 6 towards the aft) are covered and all of the Dolphin deck balconies are uncovered. You can also clearly see that the Caribe deck balconies are half-covered, half-uncovered.

ADminisuite1.jpg.f2d91345e40df67d0d47f20cd18c0c56.jpg

ADminisuite2.jpg.30253d60f65a6c68d00162469b9f38bd.jpg

Thanks everyone, I thought that they were uncovered. She doesn't go on the computer and I tried telling her but she says Princess said that they were half/half so I am going to mind my own business and enjoy my cabin and let they worry about theirs.

Thanks for helpin me out.

Kathy

Thanks everyone, I thought that they were uncovered. She doesn't go on the computer and I tried telling her but she says Princess said that they were half/half so I am going to mind my own business and enjoy my cabin and let they worry about theirs.

Thanks for helpin me out.

Kathy

She will find out soon enough who was right and who was wrong.

Archived