pre ordering of wine etc...

royandjenn

Hello! We have been trying for months to find out about preordering items so when we arrive, we can have some nice wine chilling in our room, etc. Our TA couldn't give us an answer. I tried to call MSC and they told me to talk to our TA, so now i emailed MSC directly, and rec'd some great info that I would like to share with those who may have been wondering the same thing as us!!

<DIV class=Section1>Thank you for taking the time out and writing to us for information. See below for a list of items that are available to pre-order. Please be aware that these items must be ordered no later than two weeks before your cruise. If you would like to order any of these items please call your travel agent and mention the codes below. If you have any other questions please feel free to call our reservation department at 1(800)-666-9333.

PACKAGES FOR INDIVIDUAL PAX - ANNUAL PROGRAM WINTER 2008-09

AREA USA

Code N°

PACKAGES FOR INDIVIDUAL PAX "TOUCH OF CLASS" FOR ALL OPERATION AREAS

Selling price

WINTER 2008-09 USD

ROMANTIC SUNSET 1 bottle of Champagne Moet & Chandon brut 75cl 2 fluts MSC (souvenir to take home) Tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces)

per package

$ 102.00

ROMANTIC SUNRISE 1 bottle of Champagne Moet & Chandon brut 75cl 2 fluts MSC (souvenir to take home) 2 freshly squeezed orange juices Tray of cselected croissanteries

per package

$ 102.00

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES Tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces)

per tray

$ 13.90

SWEET TEMPTATION Tray of Petit Fours (10 pieces)

per tray

$ 13.90

BON BOYAGE PACKAGE DELUXE 1 bottle of Ferrari Perlé cl.75 + 1 tray of cold canapé (10 pieces)

per package

$ 63.00

BON BOYAGE PACKAGE CLASSIC-SWEET 1 bottle of Asti spumante cl.75 + 1 tray of cold canapé (10 pieces)

per package

$ 26.00

BON BOYAGE PACKAGE CLASSIC-DRY 1 bottle of Prosecco cl.75 + 1 tray of cold canapé (10 pieces)

per package

$ 26.00

BON BOYAGE PACKAGE KOSHER 1 bottle of spumante kosher cl.75 + 1 tray of cold canapé (10 pieces)

per package

$ 35.00

BON BOYAGE PACKAGE MSC RESERVE 1 bottle of MSC Reserve wine (white Arneis or red Nebbiolo) cl.75 + 1 tray of cold canapé (10 pieces)

per package

$ 26.00

HOUSE-BRAND SPUMANTE IN CABIN 1 bottle of house-brand spumante

per bottle

$ 15.00

SPARKLING WINE D.O.C. IN CABIN 1 bottle of Asti spumante sweet or Prosecco dry

per bottle

$ 22.00

SPUMANTE & STRAWBERRIES IN CABIN 1 bottle of Asti spumante sweet or Prosecco dry Tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces)

per package

$ 35.00

MSC RESERVE WINE IN CABIN 1 bottle of Langhe Arneis (white) or Nebbiolo d'Alba (red)

per bottle

$ 19.00

VIP TREATMENTS / HONEYMOONERS TREATMENT 1 bottle of Asti spumante special fruit basket (7 kinds of season fruits)

per package

$ 32.00

FRUIT BASKET STANDARD 5 kinds of season fruits (2 kg)

per basket

$ 9.30

FRUIT BASKET SPECIAL 7 kinds of season fruits (3 kg)

per basket

$ 13.90

STANDARD CAKE "pan di spagna" with filling and decoration 900 gr.

per cake

$ 13.90

ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE 1 bottle of Asti spumante + standard cake (served in restaurant)

per package

$ 34.00

AREA USA

Code N°

TREATMENTS FOR KOSHER PASSENGERS FOR ALL OPERATION AREAS

Selling price

WINTER 2008-09 USD

BOTTLE OF KOSHER WINE chardonnay / merlot of similar type

per bottle

$ 29.00

BOTTLE OF KOSHER SPARKLING WINE dry / sweet

per bottle

$ 29.00

BOTTLE OF KIDUS WINE

per bottle

$ 22.00

AREA USA

Code N°

BAR & RESTAURANT PACKAGES FOR ALL OPERATION AREAS

Selling price

WINTER 2008-09 USD

SOFT DRINK PACKAGE 14 soft drinks in cans and/or fruit juices (on vessels where fountain sodas are available, instead of cans may be served large glasses of sodas) vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet

per package

$ 33.00

BEER PACKAGE 14 local beers in bottle or can 33cl vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet

per package

$ 38.00

AREA USA

Code N°

PERSONALIZED WINE PACKAGES ONLY FOR VESSELS IN UNITED STATES AND CARRIBEAN

Selling price

WINTER 2008-09 USD

WINE PACKAGE "SEVEN D.O.C. WINES" to chose from our sommelier's suggestion list of d.o.c. wines (Soave Classico, Verdicchio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Negroamaro, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chiaretto) vouchers can be consumed only at the restaurants

per package

$ 105.00

WINE PACKAGE "TEN D.O.C. WINES" to chose from our sommelier's suggestion list of d.o.c. wines (Soave Classico, Cortese, Verdicchio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Chianti, Lambrusco, Negroamaro, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chiaretto) vouchers can be consumed only at the restaurants

per package

$ 150.00

WINE PACKAGE "DINNER WINE - 7 BOTTLES" 7 bottles of house-brand wine to accompany your dinner in restaurant vouchers can be consumed only at the restaurants

per package

$ 67.00

WINE PACKAGE "DINNER WINE - 10 BOTTLES" 10 bottles of house-brand wine to accompany your dinner in restaurant vouchers can be consumed only at the restaurants

per package

$ 95.00

<DIV><DIV>Regards,

Thanks for your effort....looks like I am going to get the D.O.C wines!

Does anyone have a list of what the house wines are that I can choose from so I can compare?

Now I know it says for consumption in the restaurant but what the heck is stopping me from taking the bottle away with me if I haven't finished it....!

I would like to know why it is so much cheaper to purchase these packages in the Caribbean than in Europe? I guess it is the tax or

are they competing with the American ships, seems a little unfair to us poor Brits!!:confused:

That does sound unfair if it is cheaper in the carribbean cruises! We paid and rec'd confirmation of everything within a few days of giving the order #'s to our travel agent! Was impressed with how quickly everything went thru, compared to a few other lines we have done this with!

Hello,

I saw the wine/beer packages available to pre-order.

Is it smart to pre-order the vouchers?

What is the average price for a comparative wine while onboard?

Can we take a wine bottle out of the restaurants (when opened in the dining room)?

I don't want to save 3$/bottle, but it looks interesting when I expect to buy up to ten bottles for the trip duration.

Steph

I am not sure what the cost of wine onboard is. I have been told that u can order some of the packages on board as well. We decided to preorder now, so we can pay for it now. We don't want to rack our credit card up all at once on the cruise. Our shore excursions are paid for already, and some wine and other items are paid for as well. The main reason we did this also is to have some things in our room when we arrive. Chocolate covered strawberries would be a good treat for our daughters... etc. etc. I do think the wine in the restaurants would probably stay there, but that I haven't a clue.

Hi everybody,

I called a MSC representative.

I got more details about the wine and beer packages. We don't need to buy them before sailing. These packages are available onboard at the same retail price.

Bye!

Steph

• 1 month later...
a few wine questions:

1. has anyone ever ordered the "house brand" wines?? What kind do they give you??

2. the DOC wines does anyone know if they have a riesling type wines??

thanks

cheryl

We will probably order the house wines. We have done that on other cruises & they were fine. Just like in a nice restaurant when you order house wine, they are good.

When we sailed on Costa, you could order a carafe of house wine at the table very cheap. I was wondering if MSC might do the same.

We will probably order the house wines. We have done that on other cruises & they were fine. Just like in a nice restaurant when you order house wine, they are good.

When we sailed on Costa, you could order a carafe of house wine at the table very cheap. I was wondering if MSC might do the same.

Yes you can. It works out cheaper and has the added advantage of arriving quicker as the supply seems to be kept closer to the restaurant than the other bottles do. I've only had the house red and it was fine. Obviously not as great as some of the premium wines that I've ordered for a treat but then it is much much cheaper. Downside is if you dont finish it, it doesn't get returned the following evening, whereas with unfinished bottles, they recork it and it's waiting for you on the table the next night.

Yes you can. It works out cheaper and has the added advantage of arriving quicker as the supply seems to be kept closer to the restaurant than the other bottles do. I've only had the house red and it was fine. Obviously not as great as some of the premium wines that I've ordered for a treat but then it is much much cheaper. Downside is if you dont finish it, it doesn't get returned the following evening, whereas with unfinished bottles, they recork it and it's waiting for you on the table the next night.

Don't they also give you house wine in a bottle? If you don't finish it, can you not have it recorked and take to your room?

Also if you don't use up all the vouchers, can't you redeem the vouchers and take the bottles? If you can do that I'd be inclined to also order the 7-bottle house win package.

I don't think they let you take the wine to your cabin. That is not unusual. They imply it is to limit underage drinking but I think it is so you'll go to the bars and lounges. There are several wines right around $20 so if you don't think you'll drink 7 bottles in 10 days that is an option. They will cork an unfinished bottle and save it until the next evening.

I don't think they let you take the wine to your cabin. That is not unusual. They imply it is to limit underage drinking but I think it is so you'll go to the bars and lounges.

If it's a policy to not let you take an unfinished bottle of house wine to your cabin, then they should just say it is a policy, not using the reason of risk of underage drinking. If underage drinking is a concern, they shouldn't allow you to take the more expensive bottle back to cabin. The same reason applies.

For that matter, they shouldn't allow anyone buying any drinks to take back to their cabin.

Or if anyone had ordered the house wine package can let us know the actual experience, it would be appreciated.

The house wine is served by the carafe or glass. They do have plenty of other wines in bottles to choose from. From the very reasonable to the very expensive. I dont know about unused vouchers as the only time I bought them i used them all up

Hello. Just returned off the Lirica, and had an AMAZING time! We got the seven bottles of wine. It comes in a bottle, is MSC's brand wine. It was very good. There were 2 or 3 white wines to choose from, and a few red to choose from. The one white wine was incredible. Can I remember the name now? sheesh. Our wonderful waiter recommended it. There was six of us at our table (all our family), and we would drink an entire bottle with each dinner... If there is any left, they will bottle it up for your next dinner. I had also ordered a bottle of wine and champagne for our room, which was on ice when we arrived. I took both to the pool deck, and we drank them there. The packages were the way to go. We had ordered the beer package as well, which was bottles of beer, which we also found out you could not buy on the ship. Only draft packages were available to buy on the ship. We were happy to have preordered everything. We were worried at first, because we had no coupons in our room when we arrived. We learned though that at your first dinner that night, they give you everything right at the table. They also sold cocktail packages on board for $69 for 12 cocktails. Not bad, they are 6.90 each other wise. Drinks were very reasonable!

THey do tell you on the wine pkg price that it is for dining room cosumption only. Its a great deal & i highly recommend it. We also had a wine deal in Europe 2 yrs ago, 7 bottles for $99. No other cruise line offers prices anywhere near this.

Hello. Just returned off the Lirica, and had an AMAZING time! We got the seven bottles of wine. It comes in a bottle, is MSC's brand wine. It was very good. There were 2 or 3 white wines to choose from, and a few red to choose from. The one white wine was incredible. Can I remember the name now? sheesh. Our wonderful waiter recommended it. There was six of us at our table (all our family), and we would drink an entire bottle with each dinner... If there is any left, they will bottle it up for your next dinner. I had also ordered a bottle of wine and champagne for our room, which was on ice when we arrived. I took both to the pool deck, and we drank them there. The packages were the way to go. We had ordered the beer package as well, which was bottles of beer, which we also found out you could not buy on the ship. Only draft packages were available to buy on the ship. We were happy to have preordered everything. We were worried at first, because we had no coupons in our room when we arrived. We learned though that at your first dinner that night, they give you everything right at the table. They also sold cocktail packages on board for $69 for 12 cocktails. Not bad, they are 6.90 each other wise. Drinks were very reasonable!

glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise!! The cocktail pkg, is this for pina colada type drinks or something like rum and cokes??

cheryl

We purchased all of the above on our New Years cruise on the Lirica - loved it all - the guys used beer coupons (draft) and then purchased buckets of beer at around $12 onboard. We are going again in April and plan to purchase the bottled beer prior and the

wine and martini on board. We used the martini coupons to purchase everything from the martinis like Cosmos, etc. to bloody marys and frozen fruit thingys - love these - we found

although we drank as much, we spent only about half what we spend on the other lines that don't offer the coupons. Great Deal - we are looking forward to our April trip aboard the Lirica - Happy Sails to You!! dbh

I just pre-ordered the 14 beer package as I am not sure if this is available on board or if just the draft is. I will wait to get the wine on board as many have confirmed that these packages can be purchased in the dining room.

Anybody know anything about the package with 5 frozen virgin drinks and 5 sodas? Now that I ordered our beer I have to get something for my teen daughter. She would prefer just the frozen drinks as they have on NCL.

Archived