Brooklyn Pier - Caribbean Princess

Treacher1

We did this past August. It was a breeze. We had a GPS with us so we were able to get to the pier with no problem. Parking was very safe and easy. We did walk off at the end of the cruise and were home before many people were off the ship.

We are sailing Caribbean Princess this summer embarking at Brooklyn Pier. Has anyone done this? Is parking available and close? Was it a pain to drive to pier or not so bad - let me know your opinion and experiences. Thanks!

Parking is within a couple of hundred feet of the front of the ship and very convienent. About $18 @ day.

As far as easy getting there, thats another story all depending on NY traffic and construction. ;)

We have left from Brooklyn 3 years in a row. We always got dropped off, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive there. The lot is huge with plenty of secure parking. If my usual ride can't bring us this summer, I will certainly drive there and feel comfortable with the car in the lot..

We have had good experiences with that terminal overall. We get dropped off and are usually on the ship within 15 minutes. They keep the traffic flowing pretty well and there are usually plenty of friendly porters to take your bags immediately.

You should have no problems.

Enjoy,

F

We have left from Brooklyn 3 years in a row. We always got dropped off, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive there. The lot is huge with plenty of secure parking. If my usual ride can't bring us this summer, I will certainly drive there and feel comfortable with the car in the lot..

We have had good experiences with that terminal overall. We get dropped off and are usually on the ship within 15 minutes. They keep the traffic flowing pretty well and there are usually plenty of friendly porters to take your bags immediately.

You should have no problems.

Enjoy,

F

It is a smooth operation to sail from for sure. :)

Left from Brooklyn on the CB in July. Parking was great....so close to the ship....I could see my car from my cabin. I drove from PA...suburban Philadelphia using my GPS and had no problems...as you approach Brooklyn you can't miss the ship in the distance. Just allow extra time for any traffic or road construction. When you arrive at the terminal...drop off your luggage and park your car in the lot. It's that easy. So much better than flying!!!! Go to http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com and click on Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on the right side of the page. Driving directions and parking info are there.

We left out of Brooklyn and it was a breeze. MUCH easier access then Manhatten,

Oh, I don't know about that if you are staying in Manhattan. We sailed out of Manhattan a few years ago and literally just walked from our hotel in Times Square to the dock. 'Twas fun and good exercise. I'm sure a cab would have gotten us there in minutes. :) I'm looking forward to sailing out of Brooklyn in the future... maybe on next year's CB repositioning cruise.

This was the view from our balcony. You can see the covered areas where the busses are. Just beyond there is the parking.

ry%3D400

This shows the entrance. See the guard house, that area is completly gated off while the ship is at sea.

ry%3D400

Here's a long view of the parking lot.

ry%3D400

This is the drop off area.

ry%3D400

These people are waiting for cabs or other pickups

ry%3D400

Here is another view. That building in the center is the entrance to the check in area.

ry%3D400

Leaving from Brooklyn is so easy. No stress.

You can see Ellis Island on the starboard side.

Terminal has 40 check-in desks, lines move quickly.

Parking lot can hold 596 cars.

Belt Parkway and connect to the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278) as far as Exit 26 - Hamilton Avenue. Follow signs to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. After exit onto the service road, stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel two blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street leading to the cruise terminal’s drive. The cruise terminal approach road follows Atlantic Basin then turns right to the set down area.

We used a car service and got to experience a felony traffic stop (on us) on the way to the pier. Sorry, no photos, the police made us keep our hands where they could see them.

All because the driver made a U-turn where he shouldn't have.

Sweet, is it on you tube? :)

Archived