Woman missing on the Pearl

wrp96

James do the ships have cameras in the hallways etc. to try and track people on video if they have to?

NCL ships have the most cameras onboard in the industry, it has to be on tape of what happened. For example a few months ago with the woman on the Dawn, there is video footage of what happended, and thankfully so since it proved that her boy friend did not have anything to do with her falling.

NCL ships have the most cameras onboard in the industry, it has to be on tape of what happened. For example a few months ago with the woman on the Dawn, there is video footage of what happended, and thankfully so since it proved that her boy friend did not have anything to do with her falling.

Bingo!

At 3:00am most people are in their rooms. How many times at night has your partner got up to use the bathroom and you never heard a thing. So if she got up for any reason and was depressed, drunk, angree, etc. she could have acted alone in leaving the ship. At this time in American history, people are under tremendious pressures that are unimaginable in years past. We can only hope that she is found.

Perhaps.... Don't underestimate the toll depression can take. It's every day/everywhere hiding in seemingly "normal" people.

We'll never know.

We will probably never know - I agree - I mostly have sympathy for the family no matter the circumstances.

But remember that this is the time of year that reports the highest number of suicides. 99% of those "lost overboard" are the result of TOO much alcohol and a few suicides. The remaining are undetermined.

You know getting rid of somebody at sea by pushing them overboard could possibly be the perfect crime.How is anybody going to find out what really happened to this women?If no one saw her go overboard.....:eek:

This is my thought too.....I know it sounds morbid and horrible. But if an evil person wanted to kill someone, what an easy way to do it (provided no one sees/or a camera).

This is my thought too.....I know it sounds morbid and horrible. But if an evil person wanted to kill someone, what an easy way to do it (provided no one sees/or a camera).

You have a much higher chance of being caught on tape or in person if you tried to do this on a modern cruise ship then some street somewhere. 99.9995% of the ship is on Camera..every hallway, lift, restaurants, outside decks, crew laundry rooms etc. Pretty much the only places that don't have them are inside the cabins.

• Administrators
You have a much higher chance of being caught on tape or in person if you tried to do this on a modern cruise ship then some street somewhere. 99.9995% of the ship is on Camera..every hallway, lift, restaurants, outside decks, crew laundry rooms etc. Pretty much the only places that don't have them are inside the cabins.

And the restrooms (and if that's not true, please don't tell me! :) )

James....if there are cameras everywhere (at least on NCL)...then wouldn't they have footage that showed her jumping over or falling?

....then again, maybe they do, and the media is just not releasing that info yet.

I'm sure they will, its just a lot of video records to go through. In time I'm sure they will make some announcement.

Another scary thing is sleep walking. On our first cruise I had no sleep walking episodes, but on our last one I had 4. I sleep walk a lot and you would be amazed what I can walk over, carry around with me and not even know it. DH has to really be on alert when we cruise.

Whatever happened, I feel for her family.

Another scary thing is sleep walking. On our first cruise I had no sleep walking episodes, but on our last one I had 4. I sleep walk a lot and you would be amazed what I can walk over, carry around with me and not even know it. DH has to really be on alert when we cruise.

Whatever happened, I feel for her family.

This is true, the newer sleep meds such as Ambien and Lunesta can cause a fugue state similar to sleep walking. Some folks taking these meds have been known to do some crazy things such as walking down the street naked, going shopping at 3am... And have no recollection of doing so! Add those types of side effects to a cruise ship and you could have some potentially dangerous situations.

If she isn't found (it really looks bad now) I hope that when she hit the water she was knocked unconscious and just drowned rather then watching the ship sail away while trying to stay above water.

I don't remember right now if it was the DAWN or NORWAY but a band member jumped overboard in the middle of the night. Someone saw and a life jacket was thrown in immediately, from what I heard in the morning the ship turned around (it can't be done on a dime so it takes a good hour to get back)

The life vest was equipped with a light and tracking equipment so believe it or not they found the guy. He spent the return trip locked up in the infirmary.

I would imagine that, after jumping overboard, you would have SERIOUS second thoughts!

The guy on my ship was very, very lucky someone saw him jump.

I doubt that they would cancel it, who knows? The articles I've read they didn't say, but I would assume, that the husband left the ship when they couldn't locate her. I don't know, do you stay on the ship without her, or do you get off near Mexico and wait for the Coast Guard to complete their search.

Archived