LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Relating to the inspection....

We boarded for the 1-nighter and the food inspector was still inspecting. This was noticable only because the bartenders could not put fruit on our drinks for garnish or use them in drinks ie: mojito's, etc. At the time, we weren't able to get blended drinks either. The garnish was eventually added later in the evening. We could get mojitos, but no caipirinah's (no reason given... I think they just didn't get their delivery of cachaca.) Blended drinks were never released that night... not sure if they were for the 2-nighter. I think they fully expected to be serving blended drinks because the machines were all full with ice. But they were not allowed to use them. We did have plenty of fresh fruit the next morning at breakfast.

So take it for what you willl with that information. :) We did not get sick. But 2 CC'ers on the 1-nighter that I know of did.

When we were on the Star out of San Pedro we were not able to have fruit or garnish in our drinks either while we were still in port. I forget what the bartender said, but it was something to do with the disposal of garbage or customs. Once we left port and were out in open water they were "allowed" to put the garnish in the drinks.

The work is coming along. It began on Monday, and I have been told that I should have heat by the end of Wednesday, and all work should be finished on Thursday.

It will be nice to be able to shower in my own house, and not have to go to my friend's house. <sigh>

Yes, that chili dip WAS good, wasn't it? The Florentine pizza is surprisingly good, too.

(I love that saying about mushrooms. Of course, you left most of it out. I think that I'll enlighten those who aren't familiar with it.)

"They treat me like a mushroom - they keep me in the dark, and feed me............." :D

Well..........that's me. Carol came over to our table one morning.......when we were playing trivia.............and boosted our score form a lousy 6.......to a pretty good 11. The top score was 15, and every day that I played trivia.............I learned exactly how dumb I really am.

If there are questions..........we should have the ship post them live......and everyone have under 30 seconds to google them!!

Unfortunately...........we did not have that option..........just Carol.........the wiz!!

Rick

Rick, I still don't have heat.

Now they *hope* to hook up the furnace tomorrow, Thursday. :rolleyes:

Oh, how I miss being waited on in comfort on the Mariner!

2153092240077959744S425x425Q85.jpg

Ah... yes.... life was GOOD, wasn't it??? :D

How cold is it there right now? Are you freezin' your tushie off?

Hopefully they'll get your furnace hooked up tomorrow... I can't believe you still don't have heat. :(

What beautiful glasses of wine you are holding ! Are those from the wonderful fields of Chile?

I could sure use a dose of pampering about now too.

Zu~

Hi , Sue , We have been thinking about you. Did you ever get any of your stuff back? May 10th on the Mariner. Join us. Woody Vicki

Hi Wookies,

No stuff has been returned-lost in space. I've been gathering receipts for insurance etc. and am awaiting arrival of a new computer so I can get photos into it. One little bag-so much stuff.

I like your car ! I sent you two an e-mail, but didn't hear back. mbsusan6 at aol dot com.

I'll watch the May 10th trip, but $$$wise, not a good idea, who knows though.

Take care-I miss the whole gang ! S~

Hi Wookies,

No stuff has been returned-lost in space. I've been gathering receipts for insurance etc. and am awaiting arrival of a new computer so I can get photos into it. One little bag-so much stuff.

I like your car ! I sent you two an e-mail, but didn't hear back. mbsusan6 at aol dot com.

I'll watch the May 10th trip, but $$$wise, not a good idea, who knows though.

Take care-I miss the whole gang ! S~

YEP. We agree. Not sure what happened to the email:confused:. I will look:rolleyes:.

Doris! It is so good to see you post. We talk about you often. :D I am so glad you were able to go on this great cruise. We still wish you would join us on the Independence TA April 12th!! We have been trying to get Rick and Bobbie to go. We finally had to give up on Carol....:D

Hope you are doing well - my e-mail is below in the signature if you have time to drop us a line. Take care and we hope to get to cruise with you again!! Mary

Just for you, Mary:

2301956630077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

Carol - hey there. Hope things are getting back to normal!! We started out with 50 or so on the Indy TA in our CC group and we have been working on setting up all kinds of fun activities. Well they dropped the price and we have 180!! in our group now!! I now am working with a CC group coordinator from RCI who has been great to get big enough rooms for us. We have Easter Egg Hunt, Cabin Crawl, Pub Crawl, Slot Pull, Texas Hold Em Tourney, Mini golf tournament, etc. etc. Great group of people - we did shirts at www.cafepress.com/Independence409

Thought you might enjoy looking at them - my good friend did the design which is kind of fun. The back has figures waving flags from all the countries represented by the members of our group - 9 countries in all!!

We sure wish you were free...hopefully sometime this year we'll get to cruise together. Miss you and so glad you had such a great cruise. Take care and we'll talk to you again soon! Thanks for the pic of Doris!!!! Mary

Hey Carol, what's up girl??? How's the house? Back to normal yet? I miss you.

Mary, I love those shirts. I want one and I'm not even going on this cruise. It's the cutest shirt EVER !!!!

DOR ASS.......... honey, you are the best. Did you ever find that tattoo on your upper leg, or did it really get ATE ????????? :eek:

Zu, let me know if you would like any of our pics. I have a few good ones on OMG. I'd be more than happy to share with you.

Pat

Carol - hey there. Hope things are getting back to normal!! We started out with 50 or so on the Indy TA in our CC group and we have been working on setting up all kinds of fun activities. Well they dropped the price and we have 180!! in our group now!! I now am working with a CC group coordinator from RCI who has been great to get big enough rooms for us. We have Easter Egg Hunt, Cabin Crawl, Pub Crawl, Slot Pull, Texas Hold Em Tourney, Mini golf tournament, etc. etc. Great group of people - we did shirts at www.cafepress.com/Independence409

Thought you might enjoy looking at them - my good friend did the design which is kind of fun. The back has figures waving flags from all the countries represented by the members of our group - 9 countries in all!!

We sure wish you were free...hopefully sometime this year we'll get to cruise together. Miss you and so glad you had such a great cruise. Take care and we'll talk to you again soon! Thanks for the pic of Doris!!!! Mary

My house is getting back to normal.

The cat is home and happy to be here.

I'm about to put in Load #2 of wash.

As much as I would like to be on the Independence with you, at the moment that you are sailing, I will be in Rome with my two *children*. :)

Mary, I love those shirts. I want one and I'm not even going on this cruise. It's the cutest shirt EVER !!!!

DOR ASS.......... honey, you are the best. Did you ever find that tattoo on your upper leg, or did it really get ATE ????????? :eek:

Zu, let me know if you would like any of our pics. I have a few good ones on OMG. I'd be more than happy to share with you.

Pat

And I agree with Pat - those are GREAT t-shirts!!!!!

Pat

Hey Pat and Roy! I should get my new computer tomorrow afternoon and would love to have any pictures you want to share-we were on tours together so maybe the monkey sex and any other views and vistas you can dig up would be wonderful.

Miss you. Zu~

Hey Pat and Roy! I should get my new computer tomorrow afternoon and would love to have any pictures you want to share-we were on tours together so maybe the monkey sex and any other views and vistas you can dig up would be wonderful.

Miss you. Zu~

I seem to recall that Pat was absolutely despondent that her monkey sex photos were all blurry!!!!! ;):rolleyes::):D

I seem to recall that Pat was absolutely despondent that her monkey sex photos were all blurry!!!!! ;):rolleyes::):D

Those pesky monkeys just couldn't keep still long enough for a good action shot. Some pictures of the river croc experience would be great too, the sacrificial cute boat driver was very photogenic. I sure hope he makes lots of money for sinking up to his knees in mud with crocs snapping at his chicken offerings.

Zu~

And I agree with Pat - those are GREAT t-shirts!!!!!

Glad you all like the shirts!! My girlfriend did the design. The flags represent all the countries people are from. I thought it turned out really nice. People on the cruise love them.

Carol - so glad things are getting back to normal. Enjoy being with the kids - I am so glad you get to see them. Of course - we are going to miss you though!! Take care of yourself and hopefully things will calm down a bit soon. Take care, Mary

Those pesky monkeys just couldn't keep still long enough for a good action shot. Some pictures of the river croc experience would be great too, the sacrificial cute boat driver was very photogenic. I sure hope he makes lots of money for sinking up to his knees in mud with crocs snapping at his chicken offerings.

Zu~

Len has FANTASTIC pictures of the croc feeding! Do you have their email address?

Doris! It is so good to see you post. We talk about you often. :D I am so glad you were able to go on this great cruise. We still wish you would join us on the Independence TA April 12th!! We have been trying to get Rick and Bobbie to go. We finally had to give up on Carol....:D

Hope you are doing well - my e-mail is below in the signature if you have time to drop us a line. Take care and we hope to get to cruise with you again!! Mary

Hi Mary!! I'm glad that everyone is still cruising. Bobbie and I have decided that we are not going anywhere till we know where our economy is headed..........especially the real estate business here in the valley.

I know that you will have a wonderful time. The Independence is a BIG ship. We spent a day aboard the Freedom, and decided that it was just too big for us.:eek:

I know that you will have a wonderful crossing and want to hear all about it on your return!!:)

Rick

Archived