LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

First off thanks for keeping this going it has been so enjoyable! Second thing is thanks for making sure she got to LA safely so I can get on in april. This ship is the only way my wife was able to get me to take the mexican riviera cruise..... lol

We are home. Vicki and I just can not tell all the people who have been reading Carols thread about how great she is and the other HORNBLOWERS are too. BEST table mates on every leg and every night. Unbelieveable service and food. I just finished reading all of this thread and reading about old friends who 50 days ago where strangers...... It is so good. We had about 6 couples who we had sailed with before but did not know they were going to be there. At first it was "you look familiar....o yes we were on...... More soon Woody

Hey Carol and Hornblowers ! I said goodbye lots of you at the pier, but some of you know my porter and I got separated when I had to take my eyes on off him for 10 seconds to turn in the customs form. Well, I never saw him again. I finally found 3 of my 4 bags tossed by the curb. Well of course the bag I never ever take my eyes off has disappeared. Computer, pictures, meds, "jewelry" you get the idea. Priceless. Anyway, I thought that maybe one of you saw a little blue roll aboard/backpack looking lost. It may have ended up on a bus-who knows. I contacted and filled out a lost report right then and there.

It is only stuff, but good stuff, never know maybe a kind hearted person found it.

The trip was such a good time with so many good people on board. I'm very grateful to have been part of it.

I'll be checking in now and again. Luv,Zu~

:eek::(:eek::(

Does anyone remember Cloris Leachman as Lassie's second mother. Just before June Lockheart stepped in, right after Jan Clayton left. :D Cloris was only there for one season. :(

OMG, am I showing my age or what? :confused:

Yeah, and for the life of me, I could NOT remember the name of the danged series where she replaced Charlotte Rae as the "housemother" of the girls....

The Facts of Life!

It actually came up twice in the 53 days, and I couldn't remember the second time, either!

Mariner is our favorite ship, been on it several times. RCCL could keep Freedom in Miami forever. We looked at the cruise a few months ago when transition was scheduled. Fantastic deal, not sure I could do 53 days, but I could survive. Going to Alaska in May on Serenade, would like to hear from anyone on same cruise, 5/16 to 5/23. Bob rdubois16@cfl.rr.com

Here's your Roll Call, Bob. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=824171

I've been A.W.O.L. for so long I don't remember the last time I posted on these boards. I was thinking of the great people I "met" on here and what do I find? Carol on an almost never ending cruise!!! Way to go, Carol. :D I read a mere 20 pages tonight and will read more tomorrow. Your "Live from the......" threads are always eagerly anticipated. One just doesn't know what to expect!!! :p Your cruise. so far, sounds awesome and I would love to see the pictures.

We had Abe as a CD on the Rhapsody and you are right. He's adorable, high energy and looks ummmm young.

Five suitcases? I take 2 for a one week cruise. LOL

Can't wait to read about all the uhhhhh "trouble" you got into!! :rolleyes:

While I am here, waving at Robin and Wrona!!

I SHOULD to stop by the Mustard of the Seas thread.

Carol, again, good to "see" you. Hope your trip home was uneventful and safe.

Thanks for sharing your journey at sea with us.

One more thing, just how long does it take to wind down from a 53 day cruise??

Hey, Bonnie!!!!!

Great to "hear" from you.

Abe is 28. I asked. :D

Carol - oh my - how awful. I hope that all your parents things are ok. So sorry you have to come home to this.

Thank you so much for the wonderful thread - my favorite had to be the penquins - I want to go someday! Keep in touch and let us know how things are. Take care, Mary

Here are some more penguin pictures:

2310707250077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2905869690077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

I love this pic! Who knew that penguins burrowed into the sand/dirt???

2698142930077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Your journey has been very fascinating and truly entertaining. So what are the chances that this kind of cruise will happen again for you' date=' now that this adventure is over?[/quote']

MY chances? Slim to none.

But the opportunity exists. Some people whom I met on the ship were telling me about a cruise that starts in Sydney and goes to Vancouver. It is in seven legs, and would be 96 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the mail!!!!! :eek:

The January mail was in the house when I arrived, thanks to my friend, Deb.

The February mail was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but for some unknown reason, hasn't appeared yet.

January was one giant Post Office crate.

Can't wait to start digging into February.

Hi Carol,

Now that we are back and able to freely use the internet, I hope to catch up and re-live our wonderful trip through your thread.

Now for the hard work of catching up with everyday life!!!!!

Thanks for helping make this the remarkable trip it was. Miss you already!!

Mariana

I had the weirdest experience. I went to the Rite Aid (Farmacia :D) to pick up my Simvastatin, and I could have SWORN that I saw you, Mariana.

I almost called out to you, until the woman turned slightly, and of course, it wasn't you.

But she could almost have been your twin!!!!!

I had the weirdest experience. I went to the Rite Aid (Farmacia :D) to pick up my Simvastatin,

I should double up on the Simvastatin after the cruise.

Our waiter was trying to kill me while on the cruise, on lobster night he brought me

6 tails, yes they were small and Sue said at least its not steak as she was saying that she seen the NY strip also there as they were pouring the butter on the tails.

Archived