Your opinion please! Frigate or South Friar's Beach?

moondoggie

• 2 weeks later...

Frigate...thank you, that is the one we went to.

I don't know if it is too late, but I'll post anyway...

Ya know...I have been all over the Caribbean, and to many different beaches. This beach was the least impressive beach I have ever spent time at. I personally think that the sand looks like a dirty ashtray. There was a lot of debris (cockleshells and such) up at the high water line. If I am in the water...I love getting in just to float in the surf...I'm happy. The entry into the water was very rocky, not easy on the feet.

The day we spent there was fine, but I wouldn't plan a trip back. I'm not sure I would feel any different about any of the beaches on St Kitts. Just not a huge fan of them on this particular island.

On the bright side...we did have chairs, and cheap, cold beers. We talked with some really nice people, and spent some time in the sun. I will try to attach a couple pictures.

Hmm, I guess I only saved that one picture. That is at the far end, furthest away from where the taxi would drop you off.

410813598_P3251090(2).jpg.e5fcbf5dca73f2ab514f2ecd302524bb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
We have no kids with us, just want a place to enjoy the water, rent some chairs, and perhaps buy a cold soda. Please share any recent experiences you have with either of these beaches--thank you!

This is what DH and I are looking for too - woudl be interested to read more replies!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Shipwreck is the place. At lot of expats & local characters hang out here. Good food & drinks plus a relaxing atmosphere. The are very few if any vendors that will bother you.

Any Bathrooms there? about what is the price of cab fare from the cruise docks?

There are facilities there(think construction site). Cab fare should be about $20-25 round trip. In a previous post I had an attachment with the cab fares. They are regulated by the govt and have not gone up for several years. Ramon is the owner & you may find Kim tending bar.

• 1 month later...

We went to Frigate Bay in November 07. We loved it. Food if you were hungry, beach chairs, umbrellas, massages on the beach. If you like to look for shells like I do, there are plenty. Water was beautiful. Hope this helps.

We went to Frigate Bay in November 07. We loved it. Food if you were hungry, beach chairs, umbrellas, massages on the beach. If you like to look for shells like I do, there are plenty. Water was beautiful. Hope this helps.

About how far from the cruise terminal was it? How long of cab ride and cost? I also read somewhere that there is a water taxi that will take you there. did you happen to see if there was? Thanks

I think it took about 20 minutes. We got off the ship and walked by the square and found a taxi. Scooby Doo was the driver and he was very nice. He came back for us at the time we asked him too. I am not sure about the water taxi.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
After 24 trips to St Kitts/Nevis I prefer South Friars Beach. Go to the far end, there is one beach bar.

Do you remember if it is called the Shipwreck Bar? I remember reading about a reletively quiet beach and funky bar and wonder if that is it... Thanks! Lee Anne

Archived