What is your favorite thing to do at sea?

HVLcruiser2

I'm getting very excited about our 15 day Hawaiian circle trip..... that I'm day dreaming about how to spend the days at sea.:rolleyes:

So, I thought I would ask the experts, what is your favorite things to do during at sea days?

Some of my favorite things to do are.... sleeping in, lunch in the dining room, finding a private deck chair and watch the sea go by.

I'm getting very excited about our 15 day Hawaiian circle trip..... that I'm day dreaming about how to spend the days at sea.:rolleyes:

So, I thought I would ask the experts, what is your favorite things to do during at sea days?

Some of my favorite things to do are.... sleeping in, lunch in the dining room, finding a private deck chair and watch the sea go by.

Laying by the pool with my DH and favorite beverage. Second favorite is walking around on the promenade deck. We're on the Noordam in six days - can't wait.

In the Caribbean, definitely some time in the sun at the pool though DH spends more time there than me. We both love walking Promendade Deck for exercise. Doing laps while at sea is great.

I love the lazy, slow pace of a day on a ship at sea.

Sea days are heaven, we spend them reading on our balcony or by the pool if we don't have a balcony :eek:

A walk around the Promenade deck after breakfast and lunch.

Sitting and just staring into the water from our aft balcony, ahhhhhh 99 days to go!!

Cheers, Denise

I probably shouldn't post my absolute favorite "sea day" activity here on the HAL boards as it might start a ruckus... ;)

...I wouldn't want anyone to know how much I love wandering around to my various saved deck chairs on a formal night dressed in cutoffs, blaring loud music from my personal speaker system while letting my diapered children swim in the adults only pool! It's only interrupted when I have to go back to the room and get out the iron (wouldn't want to wear a wrinkly wifebeater!) and drink some smuggled booze for the blender I brought onboard. I especially like to make sure I get some sea air in the cabin so I always bungee the door open.

Seriously, my favorite at sea activities are strolling the promenade deck, eating a leisurely lunch perhaps with a glass of wine, browsing to see what activities might interest me in the dailies...

eh2zed, i'm not sure what the personal music system is? :confused: Do tell !

In the Explorations Cafe on most of the ships there 5 or so comfy chairs that have beside them a music console and headphones. The console control board allows you to choose music to listen to from a variety of categories and hundreds of artists. By creating a password you can create your own listen List, you can edit the list as the cruise progresses. You can go back to your list each time you return for the duration of the cruise. Unfortunately the systems have been plagued with technical problems and have been removed on some ships. The new ships including the Eurodam are not having them installed. I was so disappointed.

Sleeping late until our room service breakfast is delivered.

Team trivia, reading a book from the excellently appointed onboard library.

Lunch in the Lido, making a visit to the Sky Deck (above the Crow's nest - few people seem to go up there on some cruises).

We also did the Circle Hawaii cruise and truly discovered the charm of Sea Days as never before. (We had just never seemed to develop true appreciation for them on the shorter, port intensive cruises.)

We are looking forward to a Hawaii cruise, "someday"... hopefully this year, if possible.

My plans for sea days include the Thermal Suite... watching the ocean flow by... watching for sea life.... swimming.... sunning... eating... drinking coffee... watching the ocean... sitting on the balcony and watching... the ocean! :)

And lots of snuggling with DH. Total relaxation.

Archived