One Important Item

mae

I know this has been done before with lists of items but with luggage weight restrictions I need to know; what is the one thing you MUST take along that you can't buy somewhere along the trip. OK, maybe two MUST HAVES! My cruise is coming up fast.

Extra Contact lenses and a spare set of glasses.

Spare specs and a travel alarm clock with a face that lights (Battery operated..don't forget extra batteries for clock and camera and anything else). If you are in an inside cabin the clock is a must have. Can't tell if it's night or day.

I bring one of those cheap plastic shoe bags, hang over closet or bathroom door- holds all kind of stuff, brushes, bottles of shampoo misc items etc. I throw out at end of trip- get at dollar store.

I used this for the very first time on my last cruise and what a great idea it was. Going to make sure that it's brought on our next trip also.

So far, I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said. One particular thing I'd recommend are comfortable shoes......with all of the walking you do onboard and onshore, buying brand new shoes to wear can often lead to very uncomfortable feet and blisters. So, bring shoes that you know you'll be comfortable in for lots of walking, even when it comes to evening wear shoes.

Have fun!

Instant Spot remover!! Just as you finish getting dressed for formal night your husband bumps into you while you are putting on your eye liner--it ends up on your white gown....I had to borrow lighter fluid from the cabin steward to get it out....it was amazing he had it, but that was many years ago when people still smoked!

Hepatitis A and/or B vaccines if you are going almost anywhere outside the US. Although that doesn't have to go in your suitcase!

Barb

While it's not a 'requirement', last cruise we took two tupperware containers and some ziplock bags, and a drink container to keep in the room. If we ordered room service or were going on shore we could take a little snack. As well, it's nice to have something to drink in your room.

oh, and side note - I didn't know anybody used those hairdryers. They're TERRIBLE for anybody with more than three inches of hair. And so my hairdryer is definatly my must have.

If we ordered room service or were going on shore we could take a little snack.

Just a head's up for you, but in many countries, taking food ashore from the ship is frowned upon or outright illegal....especially if it is fruit, meat, veggies or other foods that can harbour insects and diseases. Prepackaged food is generally permitted, but you would not need tupperware to carry that.

Agree: Include dairy products -- cheese etc. not packaged. Not sure whether even milk cartons are allowed to be taken.

But we do find ziplock very convenient for storing Room Service leftovers in the fridge for later or for next day. We do not like to waste food if we can avoid it.

taking food ashore from the ship is frowned upon or outright illegal....especially if it is fruit, meat, veggies or other foods that can harbour insects and diseases.

I know this has been done before with lists of items but with luggage weight restrictions I need to know; what is the one thing you MUST take along that you can't buy somewhere along the trip. OK, maybe two MUST HAVES! My cruise is coming up fast.

I can't resist. I can't buy myself, or my lady, so I must take both of us. :D

Why post-it notes?

They are great for leaving messages for your cabin steward (EG May we please have some more diet coke in our fridge?) or notes to your travelling companions who may be out at a different venue/activity (eg I have gone up to the pool. meet me there please.) We are a family of 4 with 2 cabins so we use the post ot notes often for our own communication.:)

I use one of these made by Monster and love it. It is so compact that it will fit in your pocket; but will give you 4 outlets.

They are easily found on eBay for less.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3842

Mike:)

Just what I was looking for, thanks for the link. I found one for $5.00.

Greg

Definitely ziplock bags, preferably the one-zip kind. So useful! You can put toiletries in them if you're worried about a spill, important papers are protected from those port rainstorms, they're great organizers, heck, DD even packs clothes (socks, bathing suits) in them and squeezes all the air out to get a vacuum-packed fit.

Archived