S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1618

Class – Celebrity Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Separate bedroom

Quiet Cabin - Very private and no noise from the hall or other cabins. However, sometimes you can hear activity from the pool deck on the veranda. This is not so much as to cause a problem.

Balcony View - This cabin is on the back side of the hump so there is no forward view.

Balcony Size? Huge veranda on the back side of the hump. There were two lounge chairs and one table with 2 chairs.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? There is only one outlet on the desk. The one in the bathroom did not work. There were no outlets that I could find in the bedroom.

Also, while the bathroom is lovely it is not very practical. There are no hooks on the doors and very little counter space. I would advise people to get those hooks that attach to the wall and can be easily removed without any marring. This way you can hang a toiletry bag or robes without a problem. Also, the only towel bars are in the shower. There is plenty of wall space for hooks, so bring several.

Any other comments? I would sail in this cabin again...and bring hooks!:D The living room is great and the veranda is the best we have ever had. It was deep and long with an overhang to keep the weather out.

Would like to know if the balcony cabins on the fantail of the Solstice are more advantageous than those on the side of the ship, particularly as to size and balcony space? Also, is the Aqua category worth it?

Edited by Leo777

"Anyone got info on cabin number 1546 on Solstice please"

"I booked a cabin on the fantail of the Solstice....1668. Are the cabins and balconies larger than the others in this category (Aqua Class.)? Thanks"

PLEASE if you have cabin questions post them on the main board.

If you look above this thread...it asks that specifically...".Please

Do NOT Post Cabin Questions Here".....

This thread is for specifics on cabins only. If the cabin you want is not

listed on the spreadsheet then it probably has not been visited.

Please post your question on a new thread.

Edited by Lois R

1031 in an Interior Room. I just got back from a sailing and this room was NOISY!! We had noise all day (it backs and sides up to crews areas) and all night. We called Guest Relations nightly and were offered to move to deck 3, but we did not want to go that far down. Earplugs helped a bit at night but we were dissapointed.

Concierge Class #1004-(should be same as Solstice) great view of the bridge - the captain opened the door every morning and chatted with us while we sat on the balcony! Any cabin in the 1002 -1008 range can do this as it's close enough to hear!

Decent sized cabin - great water pressure in the shower.

This was a 2 week Ancient Cities cruise - great itinerary!:)

Deck 11

Cabin 1588

Aqua Class

Starboard

Bed near balcony

Noisy cabin when people walked across the floor upstairs with hard shoes on. The second night some people stayed up late on the pool deck and we could hear laughter and feet stomping all night.

No wind, no other problems than the noise.

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1523

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near – bath

Quiet Cabin – yes

Balcony View - no obstructions

Balcony Size - standard

Wind a problem - none

Any specific problems with this cabin - no; perfect condition

Any other comments - underneath the stone lounges of the Persian Garden (a limited-access area)

Edited by bearjr

SHIP: Solstice

Cabin #: 2157

Deck #: 12 - Resort

Class: CC 1

Area: AFT

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet: Yes, Mostly, Occasional noise of chairs from Bar above, not a problem for us.

Balcony Size: Normal

Wind: NO

Soot: NO; no soot problems on any of our 7 days.

Problems/Comments: Loved this cabin, walk was longer but enjoyed the forced exercise; overhang provided privacy from above and shade from intense sun.

ship: Solstice

cabin:6306

deck: 6

area: aft

bed near: bathroom

quiet: very quiet

balcony size: normal

wind: none

soot: yes, some

problems: sun came in very strongly and warmed up the cabin a lot during the first half of the cruise. Had to keep the curtains closed in order to keep the cabin cool. will never book a sunset cabin again! Also a long walk to the elevators.

Deck - 11 (Penthouse)

Cabin # - 1550

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – EXTREMELY!! The only thing we could hear was the door next door when it would open/close.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent spot...right at the end of the front of the ship, so the cabins to the right are more "in" the middle of the boat.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE! Perfect!!

Any other comments? The best part about this cabin was that we were around the corner from the elevators, but couldn't hear a thing. Plus, if you go up one deck, you are at the spa, pool, fitness center, etc. Perfect spot!

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1580

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet only some feint noise from Pool deck early morning

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Clear views from the balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? We loved this cabin plenty of room inside and out, would book it again.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1561

Deck: 11 (Aqua Class)

Area: Port Midship

Bed Near: Balcony

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: Clear view between two humps; under large overhang very shady

Balcony Size: Normal (2 chairs and round table)

Wind: Normal for a side balcony

Soot: Not a problem

Problems/Comments: Air conditioning would only cool the room to approximately 80 degrees with the curtains closed. Complained everyday about the AC unit to the staff with no resolution. The room was very nice except for the climate control which made it very hard to sleep or even enjoy your room.

Browsed through the cabins looking for 1570. I noticed that some beds are near the balcony while others are near the loo. Anyone ant to take a gander as to which orientation our room will be? I can't seem to figure out the logic with the bed placement....

Thanks,

Drew

Browsed through the cabins looking for 1570. I noticed that some beds are near the balcony while others are near the loo. Anyone ant to take a gander as to which orientation our room will be? I can't seem to figure out the logic with the bed placement....

Thanks,

Drew

Find a cabin in the area and count up or down as the bed position in cabins alternate from balcony/bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc.

For example, as reported a couple of posts above, 1580 has the bed by the balcony. Counting from there, 1570 should have the bed by the bath. Cabin 1550 right before that reported bed by the bath. Try counting that way, and it should give you the same result.

I was thinking the same thing. We just upgraded to Aqua Class 1535, 1533 and 1531 for the April 12th cruise, and I was hoping for some insight. I also wanted to know how people find the Aqua Class experience in general. This is my first post, so I don't know if it will work or not.

How is cabin 1533?

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 1552

Deck: 11 (Aqua Class)

Area: Starboard hump

Bed Near: Balcony

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: window washing equipment is in front of cabin next door, could be seen from our balcony railing

Balcony Size: Large angled balcony

Wind:Not a problem

Soot: N/A

Problems/Comments: We were aware of the window washing equipment in front of cabin 1554 when we booked so it was no surprise. To be honest it was not really a problem and having the larger balcony more than made up for the slight obstruction. It could not be seen from inside cabin. The cabin was very convenient for the spa cafe one deck up and the relaxation lounge at the front of the ship.

We would book 1552 again.

Deck - SKY

Cabin # - 1221

Class – C2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – This is a connecting concierge class cabin. Even though passengers occupyied the connecting cabin, our party never heard anyone for the entire 7 night cruise. There were only cabins on the decks above and below us and we heard no noise from them either. The only noise issue surprisingly came from the flat screen TV when it was turned off! It is attached to the wall and was emitting a fast tapping and vibrating sound. The first night we went to bed my family and I couldn't tell where this from. Then we found out it was the TV and inserted a bunched up t-shirt in the two inch space between the left side of TV and the wall. This stabalized the TV and stopped the annoying sounds.

Balcony View - There were no obstructions anywere for a full 180 degree mid-ship view. The view of the ocean and ports were breathtaking

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for concierge class.

Was wind a problem? No wind problems. We loved spending a relaxing time on the balcony seeing and hearing ocean.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Very modern and plenty of space under the bed to place luggage for the three of us. The cabin felt brand-new. I loved the sliding glass shower door that provided a complete enclosure. Great comfortable lounge chairs on the balcony. Above average bathroom space. My only issue was with the non-movable faucet fixture. I had to be careful not to bump my head against it while washing my face.

Ship: Equinoxmenupop.gif

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1674

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin ( With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet - not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful view of the wake no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Largest of the aft balconies, very spacious with 2 reclining chairs, 2 foot stalls and a table

Was wind a problem? No - but as we were on a Med cruise the sun can be very hot when overhead - there is no shade.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Occasionally on balcony floor - I had breakfast on the balcony every morning so was not too big a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Bathroom shower was good but the sink is too small and has a large fixed mixer tap. Our impression was that it is based on "the look" and not functionality.

Any other comments? Despite what we had read from previous posters we did not find the walk from the cabin to the elevators too long. Took about a minute.

Edited by Mia_One

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7171

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin - Could hear slight base noise from Quasar Disco, but nothing too bad (sent me to sleep)

Balcony View - no obstructions, lifeboat directly below.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Would book this cabin again.:)

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8273

Class – 1B Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom w/ Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet entire cruise. This is a connecting stateroom (to # 8271), but Solstice way of connecting via an alcove doesn't add noise from next room but provides a bit more quiet since cabin door is recessed from hallway. Although very close & convenient to mid-ship elevators, the hallway design and partitions shielded any noise from that area.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view all directions. We picked this stateroom since it is on the "hump" and we could see all directions without any obstructions. Also, this cabin's balcony does NOT have any portion of the Celebrity "X" on the balcony's glass.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size for this class, but larger than we found on Eurodam (Holland America) and Carnival Freedom. Two nice reclining chairs and table (for room service, drinks, etc).

Was wind a problem? No. Nice breeze at times, but never uncomfortable.

Any specific problems with this cabin? At first, we thought the storage was too limited, but halfway thu the cruise, we found the storage area above the bed. That made the overall storage more than enough.

Any other comments? I loved the "glassed-in" shower and ample bathroom storage space. Cabin's location is very convenient to many public areas, particularly the restaurants. Also, this deck (Vista deck # 8) allowed easy walking to public areas on decks #3 - 5 and #12 & above.

Edited by colliercruiser

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1231

Class – C2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin – yes, close to elevators but no hallway noise

Balcony View - no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a