S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship: Eclipse

Deck: 6

Cabin: 6115

Class: 2B

Bed location: To Right, stateroom includes put you bed, not used by me.

Quiet Cabin: Quiet, occasional sound from theatre below, not a problem at all

Balcony View: good

Balcony Size: normal

wind problem: no

Soot problem: no

9259--Regular size balcony on Panorama Deck--you are correct! How quickly I forget. .....

My seapass said C1 class, but the deck plan does show that to be a C3. Who knows??? I didn't pay extra for the C class and had gold seapass--big deal!

Liked the quiet location.

Ready to go again, but cannot escape my family!

Deck - 8 (Vista)

Cabin # - 8338

Class – Sunset Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet - unless neighbours slamming doors

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Perfect view - especially when moonshine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Once - after a rain shower

Any specific problems with this cabin? Could be a problem for people with walking problems (a long way to the lift)

Any other comments? This was first time in an aft cabin - it will not be the last time!

Screwcork

Attached is the latest update to the spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone who has reported back after their cruises.

A few reminders:

• Please, include SHIP NAME in your posting
  • Do not post specific cabin questions here, start a new thread on the X forum
  • If you notice any errors or omissions, please feel free to email me.
  • If you would like the Excel version I will be glad to email it to you.
  • I am cross posting this on the X board too.

This is absolutely amazing - a BIG thank you to you Librarylady19!!

We'll have fun selecting our next stateroom.... :)

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1519

Class – Aqua Class

Starboard or Port Side - Port side.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet cabin, loved it

Balcony View - No obstructions at all with an excellent view forward and aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Nope If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, this is a great cabin. So good we booked it for a second cruise on Solstice.

Any other comments?

As I posted almost a year ago:

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1547

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet. However at times footsteps/ running on deck above. Deck 12 above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was good, however window cleaning equipment located to left of balcony about 4 cabins down from balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. The largest on the front slant.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, not an aft cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems.

Any other comments? Was close to forward elevators, about 4 cabins away.

Attached is the latest update to the spreadsheet. - snip -

[*]I am cross posting this on the X board too.

many thank yous to donna and sandy for the work of building and maintaining this long list of solstice class cabins. and thank you to all who took the time to send their descriptions and comments.

i think cabin 1023 was deducted from this latest list. it was the only port side forward c2 or c3 cabin listed.

john

Edited by jdr93

Deck - Panorama (9)

Cabin # - 9218

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard, midship

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Unbelievably noisy. The noisiest cabin I've ever been on! Slamming doors, voices carrying through the walls, pounding feet, vacuuming at 9 a.m.

Balcony View - was fine. On our itinerary (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten), all the ports were on the starboard side.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal - 2 mesh deck chairs and a nice teak round table.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Hi. Where's the link. I'm looking at 1610 for a 2011 cruise. Thanks.

I copied this from another thread. Noticed it because I have this cabin on Equinox next Jan:

"We had AQ 1610, and liked everything but Blu. It was okay,but we much preferred the speciality restaurants. I liked everything else about AQ, and our cabin had a large angled hump balcony. The room(on deck 11) was very quiet. I posted a review,pictures and attachments on a google page I created. We are going on the Equinox in the fall, and will try AQ again. Here's the link. I thought the Solstice was great. Have a great cruise on the ship."

Ship - Solstice

Deck - Penthouse Deck

Cabin # - 1585

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet. No noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction unless looking down, then you can see all the balconies below you and the life boats.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? None. This is our second cruise on the Solstice and we picked the same cabin, twice.

Any other comments? I love sitting out on the deck and watching the sunsets!

Ship - Equinox

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9194

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized (but the smaller of the ones on the forward hump)

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Good location not too far forward (more mid-ship to forward), but close enough to the forward elevators to make getting around easy.

Edited by Jdell

Ship - Equinox

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6216

Class – Deluxe OV with Verandah

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near? Balcony

Quiet Cabin– No noise at all, despite being in a high traffic area.

Balcony View - Storage box for life jackets under the window, but not a problem.

Balcony Size? Normal for class. On the hump. 180 degree views.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? This is a midship cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No. In fact, this cabin is low down midship and had a lot less movement than other areas of the ship. It is also very near elevators and stairs, Celebrity Central, Cafe al Bacio and access for other areas of the ship.

Any other comments? I was very happy with this cabin's location and steward.

I am in the process of booking on the Solstice for the June 15 Med Cruise. One of my options for a balcony room is #8343 which would have been the balcony at the end right before your #8281. Did you like your location? I've never been in the back before. My other option is on the Penthouse deck #1525 which is about 11 cabins back from the front. I'm worried about movement and wind at that location. Any ideas? Thanks, Lisa

Please observe the proscriptions set forth by the creators of this thread.

Thank you.

Question: to anyone in the 10 middle bump balcony cabins...

Can you look straight down over the side of the ship OR is the balcony railing back from the side of the ship on deck 5 ??

Cabins in question are:

Deck 6 Continental 6217-6235 & 6216-6234

Deck 7 Sunrise 7221-7239 & 7266-7284

Deck 8 Vista 8261-8279 & 8234-8250 (this may be off by one cabin due to error)

Deck 9 Panorama 9217-9235 & 9272-9290

Deck 10 Sky 1235-1241 & 1112-1118

Deck 11 Penthouse 1607-1611 & 1612-1616

I would appreciate a picture looking straight down, send to shopping@ca.inter.net

Thanks for reply....

Please observe the rules for this board.

I have one question, well maybe two. How do you go about finding out all this info?

And second what makes the difference between categories of cabins?

Since I booked a balcony Cat.2C, I notice for only a few hundred I can get a higher up deck, so now I wonder what the difference is.

Maybe you can share some of your experience, please?:confused:

msliv

Please observe the rules for this thread.

Thanks for keeping this going! I just noticed a couple of errors from the original ones I submitted. Here goes:

9159 is a 1B, not a 1A

9155 review is missing:

Ship - Solstice

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9155

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Quiet. Non connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. No obstructions, perfect view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized - largest balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Loved the huge balcony. Close to elevators. Perfect!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Ship : Solstice

Deck: 11

Cabin #: 1606

Side: Starboard

Class: Aqua

Bed: By bath

Balcony: very deep

Wind: rarely

Soot: none

Noise: mostly quiet. Occasionally heard voices from 1608 and tv from 1604. While on our balcony we could hear music from pool deck on sea days when band was playing. It was very loud the night of the salsa party on deck but we went to the party and went to bed after the music stopped.

View: very nice-saw a manta ray diving out of the water as we sailed out of St. Thomas. view is good directly out and forward, blocked to the right.

Comments: The overhang protects from the sun. We had our cabin steward open panels to 1608 and 1610. there is an awkward climb over a bar to go from 1606 to 1608 but it is doable. The balcony felt very private due to its depth. The proximity to the atrium elevators is great. There is a cabin attendant's closet between 1606 and 1608 but we were not aware of any noise from it. You can walk all the way down the hall to the forward elevators, walk up one level and you are at the Aquaspa, aquaspa cafe and the solarium which is super convenient.

Ship - Solstice

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9133

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Quiet. Non connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. No obstructions, perfect view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Did not want to go home!

Ship - Solstice

Deck - Promenade (I think?)

Cabin # - 9101

Class – Veranda 1b

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – NOT quiet. Since it was at the very front (the first one) it was right next to a "crew only" door that we could hear opening/shutting at all hours day and night (although thankfully not too often).

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction unless looking up since Captain's fly bridge hung right above and to the right of the balcony - thus limited privacy on the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noise from crew door opening and shutting at all hours.

Any other comments? It was a bit of walk but not too bad.

Edited by Andy C

Ship - Solstice

Deck - Sunset

Cabin # - 7219

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Quiet. Non connecting-Noisy neighbours-could not hear noise form hallway or atrium

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. No obstructions,

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Bathroom was big and larger balcony was a bonus. Location was great

Hi.....I was on the August 15th cruise and will share my opinions about the cabin I stayed in the Solstice ship:

Deck - Deck 8

Cabin # - 8104

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - neither....right in the front of the ship..There is a window but it is at an angle. If you look at a picture of the ship, they are the cabins right in the front.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –the bed is near the the bathroom and the sofa near the window

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –In general, it is a quiet cabin. You hear the anchor early in the morning when you get into port but I am a early riser so I did not mind too much but if you like to sleep in late, don't book it. I also had teenagers roaming the halls at night but I hope you don't encounter this on your cruise:)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? You have to keep the curtains closed during the day because the cabin gets quite hot because of the angle of the windows, which you do not get if you have a standard window on starboard or port side. You can look at a picture of the ship, they are the windows right in front at an angle, and see why this is the case.

Any other comments? It is a huge cabin! It is larger than many cabins I have stayed in. I really loved the cabin. You have space even for a couple.

Edited by cricri7

Please, resist the urge to respond to questions on this thread. As has been stated many times, there are other avenues for asking questions, i.e. on the Celebrity board. If others respond to these questions, it will only encourage others to post their questions here.

Thanks.

Here is the update to Mysticks spreadsheet. It includes threads posted from October 27, 2009 to the present. (I still have a few pages of posts from fall 2009 to add but wanted to get this out to those who were waiting).

Generally, I have followed the design created by Mysticks - why mess with success. Modifications include:

Addition of ship name when provided (please do so in future posts)

Deck listed by # rather than name, for space purposes

Negative comments that affect the desirability of the cabin have been noted in red, boldface. Comments on other ship issues etc. are generally not noted in red as they are not strictly cabin-related.

Whenever comments are long, there is a reference to "see comments" and these have been posted in the "Problems/Comments" column.

The spreadsheet is formatted for landscape, legal size (it was too difficult to try to fit all the valuable comments into a smaller format).

Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions. I will be updating the spreadsheet regularly. You may email me at cruisefansandi@gmail.com

I hope many of you find this useful; I know that Mysticks original spreadsheet has been very helpful to me as has CC in general. Cheers!:o

Many Thanks!

You did a terrific job on this. We are sailing on the solstice on 9/12, when we return I'll let you know about AQ cabin# 1531, as I did not see it in your list. Again,many thanks.