Noordam - 01/23/09 - Good Nuts!

RevNeal

Welcome Miss Emily to the CC board. It is so good to see you here. It was wonderful meeting you, and I must say that I really miss you. I can't wait to sail with everyone again. It was a wonderful cruise.

and I (Emily), am the one on the far left in all white. and yes, my mother, white shirt, yellow pants (longtimecruiser) was yelling something down the line at me.:D:D

by the way, can i just say that this last cruise on the Noordam was awesome. i can't say enough about everyone that i met and all of my previous cruising buddies. can't wait to do it again. right on Greg, October 31st it is!

LOVE the username, Emily!! Great to see you on CC!!!!

Now, if only I could figure out how to post video. I'm sure EVERYONE would like to see Scotty, Brian, and Richard swinging their swim trunks around ABOVE the water. . . :p:D:rolleyes:

Again, we want to thank everyone for making the Good Nuts Cruise so enjoyable. We had such a good time, that we have booked the Noordam again for the February 3, 2010 sailing.

Mary, we so enjoyed Hannah, and we hope that she adjusted well back to Hawaii time. And I think that all of us will remember that day at HMC, what fun.

Mary, we so enjoyed Hannah, and we hope that she adjusted well back to Hawaii time. And I think that all of us will remember that day at HMC, what fun.

I would very much like to sail with you again. You are such a wonderful person.

We are all having a rough time getting back to hawaii standard time :( Hannah is making it that way. She's been getting up REALLY early and not going to bed till around 7 or 8 at night. So she's not getting her usual night's sleep. She also seems to have a cold (poor girl). I think she caught it from Keaka's half sister (of sorts long story).

I just go back to my happy place (at HMC) when I'm having rough days :)

Mary, thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry that Hannah is having a hard time adjusting. Maybe she is waiting for someone to make her some paper animals or a towel animal on the bed. She is so adorable, and I hope that she settles down soon so that you and "little sister" can get some rest.

Oh Miss Beverly, I miss you too! It was so nice to meet you and your family and we hope to see you again in the near future. I'm glad that you allowed Miss Elizabeth to come out to play. We had so much fun together!:D

Mary, thanks for taking note of my user name. I tried to think of something different that suited me. I hope that Hannah is feeling better soon. Hopefully we will see you, Keaka and Hannah in Hawaii sometime.:cool:

Mary, thanks for taking note of my user name. I tried to think of something different that suited me.

It is sooo you, Emily. :D

Just think, and week ago we were leaving HMC, and getting prettied up for the last supper.

It was over too fast. :(

Emily, sorry I didn't get to meet you and your mother since we had to cancel this cruise. I know you all had a wonderful time. I love your screen name. I guess your grandparents also cruised HAL.

we are also sorry that we did not get to meet you. it really was a wonderful cruise! actually it was my great-grandparents that started the trend on HAL. they did the inaugural cruise on the SS Rotterdam. my grandmother continued on and received her platinum medallion which included 3 world cruises and then some. now my mother is almost to platinum and i am well past my copper medallion.

so, that is why i call myself, the 4th dam generation!;)

p.s. - i think i'm addicted :o

we are also sorry that we did not get to meet you. it really was a wonderful cruise! actually it was my great-grandparents that started the trend on HAL. they did the inaugural cruise on the SS Rotterdam. my grandmother continued on and received her platinum medallion which included 3 world cruises and then some. now my mother is almost to platinum and i am well past my copper medallion.

so, that is why i call myself, the 4th dam generation!;)

p.s. - i think i'm addicted :o

It's not a bad addiction. :D

Hey Good Nuts. I am on the Voyage of the Good Coconuts and I was wondering who the CD and DJ are. Can you tell us? Thanks

Emily can tell you who the DJ is ;) lol.

His name is Jason. He's pretty good. He was under the impression he was going to be the CD when they brought him on board, and then ended up being the DJ (poor guy). Now he's just waiting his turn. lol

Not sure who the CD is, as I never saw him. Jason was at EVERY event hosting, playing along, getting others to play.

A side note, the Hotel Manager's wife and 2 year old son (Tiziano) are on the ship. The 2 year old is absolutely adorable!! He and Hannah played together a lot. His mom is fabulous also. She's got a history of working for ships, and can explain a lot to you!

oh i can definitely tell you who the DJ was on the Noordam, lol. Mary was right, his name is Jason and he's not bad lookin either. i guess you could say that i had a little crush while on board. :o:o

the CD is Cory Moore. didn't see him much because i don't enjoy the entertainment in the Vista Lounge. i was more of a Northern Lights kinda girl. but Cory was very personable and always spoke when I passed him in the hallway. cute little blonde guy probably in his early 30's.

have fun on the Noordam. she is an awesome ship!!:D

oh i can definitely tell you who the DJ was on the Noordam, lol. Mary was right, his name is Jason and he's not bad lookin either. i guess you could say that i had a little crush while on board. :o:o

That's an understatement! You couldn't even BREATH when he was around lol.

I thought Jason carried more than his fair share of events :) He's awesome.

That's funny Jason was our CD on the Zuiderdam in December. I can't wait to see him again. Awesome. Thanks all.

Must have been a different Jason because this one has never been a CD. I do know of a Jason that is a CD. He is also rather good looking, maybe that caused the confusion. Hopefully with my good comments, DJ Jason will be a CD in no time! ;)

Must have been a different Jason because this one has never been a CD. I do know of a Jason that is a CD. He is also rather good looking, maybe that caused the confusion. Hopefully with my good comments, DJ Jason will be a CD in no time! ;)

The name of our CD on the Westerdam in May 08 was Jason Venner.

Is this the same Jason?

That's funny Jason was our CD on the Zuiderdam in December. I can't wait to see him again. Awesome. Thanks all.

Cruisinetta...it's not Jason Venner who used to be the CD on the Noordam. It's another Jason. I'll check my Daily Programs when I unpack. I agree....he was very very cute....and I'm a grandma. Cory Moore, the CD, was OK...we didn't do many shows this time around for some reason. so didn't see him much.

But, I have to admit, I thought Indra, the Dining Room Mgr. was HOT! LOL! Anyone else? And, as I said, I'm a grandma! If I were 30 years younger, I would have been on his trail....LOL!

We got in to Logan about 6:45 tonight. Home about an hour and a half later, after we collected our luggage, etc., and our driver retrieved us.

Then, our two granddaughters who lived down the street went by from Olivia's basket ball practice, so they stopped by to see us....I'm so tired I can't see straight!

We did the Signature baggage service. So were off the ship by 8:15...they announced it while I was in the shower! At the airport by 8:45....only to wait til 1:20 for our JetBlue flight to Boston. WRONG. High winds in Newark. So our flight was delayed til 3:20. We didn't take off till 3:50. High winds in the Newark/New York area.

Sitting for 7 hours at the airport is not a great way to end the cruise, but nothing we could do but sit it out!

I have to say, the Good Nuts cruise was the BEST EVER. I so enjoyed meeting all of you....it was so much fun. Yes, Mary, I'd love to see that video! LOL! Hannah is an absolute doll (I guess you probably got tired of me telling you that on the cruise! ;)).

Thanks, Bev and Jim for the lovely sailaway party. Say "hi" to the girls for us.

There was such a wonderful energy among all the Good Nuts as a group....I would love to sail with all of you again in a heartbeat. :D:D:D I came away from that cruise feeling that all of you were family, and that's an awesome feeling.

Having said that, we had a lot of down time on the next cruise....recuperating from the 1st cruise. We missed Half Moon Cay the 1st sea day, then had our M & G on the 2nd sea day. We had a better than I expected turnout which was nice, and I did meet Krazy Kruizer.

I don't think I'd do 20 days again....10 to 14 to me is "perfect." And, lets face it, the Good Nuts cruise was tough to beat...a hard act to follow. And, Gunilla did a fabulous job organizing everything.

Bev....we're looking at the 2/3 on the Noordam....and the 10/3 on the Veendam. I booked two future cruises....dates open.

More later when I can think straight!

Archived