Open Seating

BeachBrittani

My husband and I are going on the Legend next month and were wondering how the open seating works. Can you request a table for two? Thanks! :D

You can always ask, but sometimes they insist on seating you with others. I have been able to get a private table the few times I asked.

From what I can tell you must have booked your cruise with the open seating option. It is not something you do when you get on the ship. That being said, you request whatever sized table you want. If you plan on dining with another couple then you ask for a table for 4 ( just as though you are dining in a restaurant at home ) also, I read that you can reserve a table for a specific time, but it must be the day of the dinner. I am sure others can elaborate if I am mistaken in any way?

We too are planning on trying the open seating option on the Legend for our Christmas cruise.

I just like the idea of having the freedom, although with all of our other cruises we have really enjoyed our table mates company, it is a real

"catch 22" if you know what I mean??;)

Smiles,Connie

From what I can tell you must have booked your cruise with the open seating option. It is not something you do when you get on the ship. That being said, you request whatever sized table you want. If you plan on dining with another couple then you ask for a table for 4 ( just as though you are dining in a restaurant at home ) also, I read that you can reserve a table for a specific time, but it must be the day of the dinner. I am sure others can elaborate if I am mistaken in any way?

We too are planning on trying the open seating option on the Legend for our Christmas cruise.

I just like the idea of having the freedom, although with all of our other cruises we have really enjoyed our table mates company, it is a real

"catch 22" if you know what I mean??;)

Smiles,Connie

I usually enjoy meeting the table mates too! Except I went on one cruise and my table mates were SO boring! I always tried striking up a conversation but they were not really talkative people. ha ha Tried to get a table change but no luck!

So this time around we just want the two of us. Thanks for the info! :D

My husband and I are going on the Legend next month and were wondering how the open seating works. Can you request a table for two? Thanks! :D

It works just like a restaurant on land. You can always request a table for two and one will be always provided. A large number of the open seating tables are two tops anyway. If one is not available the worst case is that you have to wait a few minutes for you.

You are given the option of sitting with others but never have to take that option.

BTW we used open seating last August on the Legend so I am speaking from the experience that we had then and not from what I read. As someone else mentioned you need to request open seating before boarding,, but I have heard of some people being able to switch to it the first day , but you have to make the request before the first dinner service.

Which ships have open seating and how long until it is fleet wide?

Right now it's only the Legend and Liberty. You can still choose early or late seating, but now you have the third option of open seating. From what I read you have between 5:30pm and 9:30pm to choose when you want to eat. I am not sure if it is going to be fleet wide, I believe they are "testing" it.

Yes the Legend has open seating. We had it when we were there in Oct. It is from 545pm to 930pm I beleive. When you check in at the podium they ask do you want to eat with others or by yourself. Once orders have been taken they generally will not seat others to that table. If you want to sit by yourslef you may have to wait. They give you a beeper. We however had a nice couple we met and sat with them 3 other times. We really enjoyed it. We loved our waiter and requested his section as well.

Lexi

we are planning on having the open seating and have booked our cruise with that request. My question is for those who have first hand experience.What was the average wait for a table? And what times did you generally show up for dinner?

There will be four of us..Thanks, Carla

I sailed on Legend in November and had opted for the open seating. We usually ate after 7 pm, the ship was full and we only had to wait for a table once. We always had a table for 2. I LOVED the open seating option. It was so nice to be able to eat when we wanted to vs. a set time.

Have a great cruise!

Taters

We were on the Legend 12/28/08 and had open seating. We requested a table for 2 and were seated right away between the hours of 6 and 7:15. The only time we had to wait for a table for 2 was when we requested a specific server. And that wait was only 5 minutes.

Sue

Yes the Legend has open seating. We had it when we were there in Oct. It is from 545pm to 930pm I beleive. When you check in at the podium they ask do you want to eat with others or by yourself. Once orders have been taken they generally will not seat others to that table. If you want to sit by yourslef you may have to wait. They give you a beeper. We however had a nice couple we met and sat with them 3 other times. We really enjoyed it. We loved our waiter and requested his section as well.

Lexi

Lexi -

What was your waiter's name that you liked? We are going on the Legend in 2 weeks and have open seating as well and would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Dr. Jack

we are planning on having the open seating and have booked our cruise with that request. My question is for those who have first hand experience.What was the average wait for a table? And what times did you generally show up for dinner?

There will be four of us..Thanks' date=' Carla[/quote']

My son and I took a boys cruise last August on Legend. We had open seating and we did not ever have to wait for a table. (I don't count the couple fo seconds that it took the hostess to figure out which table to use for us as waiting.) We usually went to dinner around 7:00 and usually sat at a two top, which worked great for us.

I have heard of people signing up for a set time, early or late, when they originally book, only to have been given 'open seating' once onboard!:( Has this been happening to anyone else, or is it just 'hearsay'..?

We've always had 'late', and enjoy the same wait staff for the week... Not sure how easily we would adjust to 'open', tho' I'm sure the DW and I will have to next year on our TA on the NCL Jewel..:rolleyes::)

Has anyone tried open seating with a large group? I would like the flexibility but do you think they would be able to accomodate 12 with two tables near each other? Any feedback from others who have tried open seating?

Thanks

Dawnrae

Archived