Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

Hi Doug,

I see Sheri already answered you. Xcaret is a nice place to take them. If you go to PDC, it is about a $10 taxi ride. Ferry or 5th Ave will both get you dropped off at the start of the avenue.

So how many have applied for the Carnival House Party for March 29th? I just put my application in.

Dave

I would.... but since it sounds like it the party has to be on that specific day;

with surgery on Monday...I am going to give myself plenty to time to recoup!!

Take some good video of your party Dave to share with us!!

I've addressed this three times previously and I'm happy to do it here again. This is what I posted on the Crazies thread just a few minutes ago:

And there's the rub...

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone other than myself. We were told that our amenities would match those of the other group. Those amenities included the champagne and strawberries.

For the life of me I don't recall being told that we would not get those additions and, indeed, we all expected that we would.

There was a breakdown in communication somewhere, probably at my end, and I never noticed/was told about the change.

I accept full blame for the screw up and I apologize to all those who were effected.

If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to email and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks.

Mach

Mach:

We had a blast. Everything was fine with us.

I will sail with you as our fearless leader any day!!!!!!!!!1

All's cool here. I was happy for the $75 OBC.

Mach, you jumped feet first (or was it head first) into this group leader thing and I think you did a great job. While I have had some leadership training, when money or perks are involved I say no thanks.

Thanks so much, Unca Doug!!

It does get somewhat more complex when there are more fingers involved but I probably should have done more follow up and asked if there were any changes...

I'll certainly know better next time... verify each and every detail...

Mach, I for one do not care about not getting the strawberries and champagne. I just wanted to know what happened. I felt like we all were entitled to an explanation. Now that Crucon has given us one, I am satisfied. This was the best cruise I have ever been on and it is because of you and all the other wonderful people that I met. Thanks again for all that you did. :)

Thanks, Sheri.

It was such a pleasure to sail with you and your daughter... you're great folks!

I hope we get a chance to sail together again soon...

:)

I would.... but since it sounds like it the party has to be on that specific day;

I hope it's nothing serious... but what surgery isn't serious...

You'll have a bunch of folks supporting you... Please keep us updated...

Hope all goes well for you and you can go back to eating what you want. Trying to bid on some FEMA "scrap" trailers right now. In about a 20 mile radius of us, there are over 45,000 trailers sitting at four locations. They are not auctioning off any of the good ones yet. Typical govt process, by the time they get around to doing those, they will be in bad shape also.

By selling off in lots of 10 and only about 10 listings and only one location at a time, they will be at it for several years.

Dave

Woops--Didn't see the sticky!--my thread should have gone here.

Well I'm running a little later than norm, but I do have my review of the Bloggers Cruise and the following ReHab cruise up on my little blog. Probably too long to post here. The five days were so intense I'm glad I stayed on board for four more!

It was great meeting a lot of Cruise Critic folks and well as all the other Bloggers. I'm sure the other pax thought it odd to see so many dressed as Pirates and in Pajama's.

Feel free to take a look.

http://*****.blogspot.com/

I don't think there is anyone who signed up for our cruise because they were getting the champagne & strawberries - well, maybe the extra $75 - anyway, the champagne is not so good and we had plenty of other freebies including more free drinks then should be allowed! We were all well taken care of thanks to you, John, and even Carnival. I will sail with you anytime!!!

Penny & Centava

I don't think there is anyone who signed up for our cruise because they were getting the champagne & strawberries - well, maybe the extra $75 - anyway, the champagne is not so good and we had plenty of other freebies including more free drinks then should be allowed! We were all well taken care of thanks to you, John, and even Carnival. I will sail with you anytime!!!

Penny & Centava

And so we shall...on the Dream .... in December...and although he may not be in the "official" capacity....he is still our fearless leader!!!! ;)

Mach:

We had a blast. Everything was fine with us.

I will sail with you as our fearless leader any day!!!!!!!!!1

Amen, LHP. Mach did GREAT and the cruise was such a wonderful experience that I couldn't have asked for more! The absence of champagne and or chocolates did not detract from my experience in the least!! And I too would follow Mach on another cruise any time. :D

THANK YOU, MACH!!

P.S. I thanked Johna as well. I put her through the ringer sometimes with all my questions and concerns... I will use her again and again for all of my Carnival bookings.

P.P.S. Mach, thanks for babysitting my camera bag all week. Again - I blame it on the alcohol. At least that's the only thing I temporarily lost besides my mind! ROFL!!

Penny & Centava

Hi Penny!! It was great meeting you and so many others that really made such a huge impression on me about this group. I miss y'all!!

Yes, I too drank more than I EVER have before... wow! (Some of the random pics being posted around the boards are evidence of this... I apologize. LOL!!) And I agree too that we were very well taken care of by everyone. I even wanted to take my Cabin Steward home with me in my pocket - she was such a precious little thing and really had her work cut out for her with the 4 of us (two teens says it all) in one room!! :p

This was only my second cruise and was so much better than the first as far as the fun and the service, that I am already planning next year, the year after that, etc. etc. :D

Hugs to you all... take care!!

Mach, I just want to say that we have no complaints. You did a great job, and I would not want the responsibility:eek:.

Crucon asked, I filled out the survey...I don't like that they seem to be pointing fingers, but life goes on. We prob. wouldn't have drunk the champagne anyway, and I bought the kids some strawberries for $3-4:D.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st cruise and hope to sail with some of you again sometime.

BTW-most of you know that Zoe (our Min Pin) had back surgery on Thursday the 5th. She's up and walking around!!!! :D Thanks for all the kind words and prayers!

Glad to hear it!!! So happy for you! Hope Zoe continues to improve.

Our pets are such a big part of our lives. Since I had to move into a rent house I had to give up one of mine. I delivered her to the new owner on Friday and it sure did break my heart. I'm still undecided on the other one. Too much loss this past month and I've had her for 10 years.

Glad to hear it!!! So happy for you! Hope Zoe continues to improve.

Our pets are such a big part of our lives. Since I had to move into a rent house I had to give up one of mine. I delivered her to the new owner on Friday and it sure did break my heart. I'm still undecided on the other one. Too much loss this past month and I've had her for 10 years.

Oh Stitch, I'm so sorry that you had to give one away. I hope you will be able to keep the other. The love and companionship is often the best medicine.

Hi Everyone...I have loved reading about your trip on the Fantasy...we are going on her for the 3rd time in Aug. Does the Fantasy have open seating dining yet and if so what was your experience?

Thanks....

For the bloggers group they had open seating at early seating in one dining room. It went over with mixed results. You would come in each night hoping someone had not claimed your table and waiter. If we were just 2 and wanted to move around between different groups it would of been fine. If you have a larger party that wanted to stay together it made it more difficult.

I don't know about the general dining for the rest of the ship as we were with the bloggers.

Everyone see where they are fixing to start Laser Tag on the Valor? That is going to be a blast to see it on the Fantasy or Conquest where the Southerners take their shooting skills seriously.

Dave

Can we just rent one of the lasers, think of all the fun we could have with the chair hogs and rude people at the buffet.

Archived