Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

Hello All,

My friend and I got back to La Guardia at 6:45 PM on 2/12, only 45 minutes late. The landing was scary, though, as the winds were so high. When we got off Diana and I shook the Captain's hand and thanked him. I hope everyone else got home safely as well.

The cruise was a lot of fun. I agree with others that it would have been nice to be at sail away, as this was Diana's first cruise. I forget why we didn't get to see sail away from Progresso, and we were determined to watch the sail away from Cozumel - Diana's last chance to see one on the cruise. Just before they pulled up the lines, it started raining! Hard enough that we couldn't stand out on deck. Oh, well. I told her she should do her next cruise out of NYC. There's nothing like sailing past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as the sun is starting to set.

A big HELLOOOOO to the rest of the Brulee family. Penny, Ruth, Sheri, Colleen, Charlotte - it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you to sit with at dinner. Mach, Dave, Michelle, Norman, Lambie, and everyone else I met - you were all so friendly. I really am glad I got to meet you. Diana and I weren't part of a group, as I am a travel agent myself. I have posted on CC for years, though, and love the site. That's where I met Penny, aka Traveling Gram. She and I met through the message boards when we went on the Freedom last October. For anyone on the Blogger's Cruise, I sang NY, NY in the Bloggers' talent show, and Diana was the one who loaned her Capers to John the first night. He gave it back the next day, signed by himself and the captain, just as he said he would. She was the one who works in the Children's Dept. of her local library, and told us the story about Walter the Farting Dog (at dinner one night). I found the book on Amazon.com, and am planning to send a copy to John Heald, as soon as it arrives. It really is a very funny story.

Don't worry Penny. I promise I will send you some pictures as soon as I have a chance. I hope we get to cruise together again sometime.

For anyone who goes to NOLA, don't get the Red Beans and Rice at Mothers. It was tasteless. I had better at Popeye's in the Atlanta airport waiting for our connection to NY. The jambalaya, though, was delicious. Before we went on the cruise, I went to Central Grocery to get some olive salad, the stuff they put on the muffelettas. I gave my address and info, and cc info, and asked them to ship me a jar. They shipped me 4 32 oz. jars! I now have a gallon of olive salad. Maybe I should have a muffeletta party! I called today, and was told that they wouldn't ship just one jar, and the clerk just "assumed" I'd want 4. Call me Chagrined.

Your Cruising Friend,

Cheryl D.

Hello All,

My friend and I got back to La Guardia at 6:45 PM on 2/12, only 45 minutes late. The landing was scary, though, as the winds were so high. When we got off Diana and I shook the Captain's hand and thanked him. I hope everyone else got home safely as well.

The cruise was a lot of fun. I agree with others that it would have been nice to be at sail away, as this was Diana's first cruise. I forget why we didn't get to see sail away from Progresso, and we were determined to watch the sail away from Cozumel - Diana's last chance to see one on the cruise. Just before they pulled up the lines, it started raining! Hard enough that we couldn't stand out on deck. Oh, well. I told her she should do her next cruise out of NYC. There's nothing like sailing past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as the sun is starting to set.

A big HELLOOOOO to the rest of the Brulee family. Penny, Ruth, Sheri, Colleen, Charlotte - it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you to sit with at dinner. Mach, Dave, Michelle, Norman, Lambie, and everyone else I met - you were all so friendly. I really am glad I got to meet you. Diana and I weren't part of a group, as I am a travel agent myself. I have posted on CC for years, though, and love the site. That's where I met Penny, aka Traveling Gram. She and I met through the message boards when we went on the Freedom last October. For anyone on the Blogger's Cruise, I sang NY, NY in the Bloggers' talent show, and Diana was the one who loaned her Capers to John the first night. He gave it back the next day, signed by himself and the captain, just as he said he would. She was the one who works in the Children's Dept. of her local library, and told us the story about Walter the Farting Dog (at dinner one night). I found the book on Amazon.com, and am planning to send a copy to John Heald, as soon as it arrives. It really is a very funny story.

Don't worry Penny. I promise I will send you some pictures as soon as I have a chance. I hope we get to cruise together again sometime.

For anyone who goes to NOLA, don't get the Red Beans and Rice at Mothers. It was tasteless. I had better at Popeye's in the Atlanta airport waiting for our connection to NY. The jambalaya, though, was delicious. Before we went on the cruise, I went to Central Grocery to get some olive salad, the stuff they put on the muffelettas. I gave my address and info, and cc info, and asked them to ship me a jar. They shipped me 4 32 oz. jars! I now have a gallon of olive salad. Maybe I should have a muffeletta party! I called today, and was told that they wouldn't ship just one jar, and the clerk just "assumed" I'd want 4. Call me Chagrined.

Your Cruising Friend,

Cheryl D.

HIYA Cheryl, my bench-painting partners from Beacon of Hope!!!:D

Hello All,

Your Cruising Friend,

Cheryl D.

Hey Cheryl I am so glad you made it home safely!We did have great dinners even with the last nights rude person! The Brulee family was great,it is so nice to be a part of a large family!!I have already told my family and Grand about Walter.Oh and by the way you were right about being shocked when you belted out New York I had heard you singing a little on a couple of occasions but Lady you can sing plus have a wonderful stage presence! I only hope that I will get to hear you again one day. Take care and God Bless!

---------------

Ruth

Hello All,

Your Cruising Friend,

Cheryl D.

Hi Cheryl,

Glad to see you on the boards again. Please tell Diana Hi, too. Glad you arrived safely. I too enjoyed your company at dinner. It was a fun table.

Charlotte

Hey Cheryl I am so glad you made it home safely!We did have great dinners even with the last nights rude person! The Brulee family was great,it is so nice to be a part of a large family!!I have already told my family and Grand about Walter.Oh and by the way you were right about being shocked when you belted out New York I had heard you singing a little on a couple of occasions but Lady you can sing plus have a wonderful stage presence! I only hope that I will get to hear you again one day. Take care and God Bless!

---------------

Ruth

And you will be happy to know that I addressed said behavior with the offending party.....We'll just leave it at that! :rolleyes:

And you will be happy to know that I addressed said behavior with the offending party.....We'll just leave it at that! :rolleyes:

How did I miss the lady who bared her top at dinner on Progreso night? It was at the table where the folks were dressed up as Pirates.

Dave

You go girl!!!

All the comments everyone is making about our wonderful cruise I ditto. EVERYONE was so friendly and nice. We were all one family.

PS. Tortie, send me you mail address. I have our table pic for you and your Mom. Her's too. Cheryl, you and Diana too. Send to my email pbradfor@cox.net

Penny

You go girl!!!

All the comments everyone is making about our wonderful cruise I ditto. EVERYONE was so friendly and nice. We were all one family.

PS. Tortie, send me you mail address. I have our table pic for you and your Mom. Her's too. Cheryl, you and Diana too. Send to my email pbradfor@cox.net

Penny

We did have a great time although I did not get to visit with all the folks I would have liked to. I look forward to the Dream in December!!!

hello all,

for anyone on the blogger's cruise, i sang ny, ny in the bloggers' talent show, and diana was the one who loaned her capers to john the first night. He gave it back the next day, signed by himself and the captain, just as he said he would. She was the one who works in the children's dept. Of her local library, and told us the story about walter the farting dog (at dinner one night). I found the book on amazon.com, and am planning to send a copy to john heald, as soon as it arrives. It really is a very funny story.

Don't worry penny. I promise i will send you some pictures as soon as i have a chance. I hope we get to cruise together again sometime.

Your cruising friend,

cheryl d.

kick....kick.....kick

loved it!!!!!

Hey Krewe......I'm attaching a note that MinPin got from Crucon today.........

Dear Stacey;

I have checked on the status of this group and the amenities associated

with it. Unfortunately, there has been some misinformation circulating

on the boards regarding the group's amenities. However, I clearly show

in all the reservation history that the group was to receive ONLY

$75.00/cabin onboard credit and a cocktail party. We are unsure why

this was not communicated to you; notes demonstrate that it was

requested by several members of the group(including the group leader),

to change the amenities to match those of another group sailing. We

honored the request in an effort to remain competitive and to maintain

the integrity of the group. In doing so, the champagne and chocolates

were forfeited to provide higher valued amenities, instead. Cruise

Critic was definitely made aware of the changes and to our knowledge,

did communicate those changes to the group leader.

I hope this helps clarify the matter but if you have further questions,

please contact Johna at the number below.

Sincerely,

Ms. Mel Burton

Guest Relations Mgr

CruCon Cruise Outlet

800-493-6609

Thats not a biggie for me as we don't drink Champagne but Donna does like the strawberries. We did receive on two different nights the "Canapes" but I think they were from the Platinum and CVC guest program. We did not care much for them either. They usally delivered them while we were at dinner or we would of brought them to dinner to share.

Dear Stacey;

Sincerely,

Ms. Mel Burton

Guest Relations Mgr

CruCon Cruise Outlet

800-493-6609

I would think there would be a 2010 bloggers cruise but no date was set. All have been very successful. With two being late in the year 2009 (almost back to back) I don't know how early in the year it would be. That would certainly be a good question for John Heald.

Thats wierd, I went on the Bloggers cruise in 2008 and it was announced by the 3rd or 4th day and were even taking reservations.

Dear Stacey;

Sincerely,

Ms. Mel Burton

Guest Relations Mgr

CruCon Cruise Outlet

800-493-6609

Sounds like someone is throwing Mach under the bus:eek:

Dear Stacey;

Sincerely,

Ms. Mel Burton

Guest Relations Mgr

CruCon Cruise Outlet

800-493-6609

I've addressed this three times previously and I'm happy to do it here again. This is what I posted on the Crazies thread just a few minutes ago:

And there's the rub...

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone other than myself. We were told that our amenities would match those of the other group. Those amenities included the champagne and strawberries.

For the life of me I don't recall being told that we would not get those additions and, indeed, we all expected that we would.

There was a breakdown in communication somewhere, probably at my end, and I never noticed/was told about the change.

I accept full blame for the screw up and I apologize to all those who were effected.

If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to email and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks.

Mach

All's cool here. I was happy for the $75 OBC.

Mach, you jumped feet first (or was it head first) into this group leader thing and I think you did a great job. While I have had some leadership training, when money or perks are involved I say no thanks.

I've addressed this three times previously and I'm happy to do it here again. This is what I posted on the Crazies thread just a few minutes ago:

And there's the rub...

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone other than myself. We were told that our amenities would match those of the other group. Those amenities included the champagne and strawberries.

For the life of me I don't recall being told that we would not get those additions and, indeed, we all expected that we would.

There was a breakdown in communication somewhere, probably at my end, and I never noticed/was told about the change.

I accept full blame for the screw up and I apologize to all those who were effected.

If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to email and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks.

Mach

And there's the rub...

Thanks.

Mach

Mach, I for one do not care about not getting the strawberries and champagne. I just wanted to know what happened. I felt like we all were entitled to an explanation. Now that Crucon has given us one, I am satisfied. This was the best cruise I have ever been on and it is because of you and all the other wonderful people that I met. Thanks again for all that you did. :)

Sheri or Dave,

We are cruising with our two granddaughters 6 & 8 on the Holiday June 1. It stops in Calica which I have not been to in many years. I know Playa is a short cab ride from the dock. What else is there to do for young girls. Is there public beaches in Playa within walking distance of the shopping? Where is the best place to have the taxi drop us off?

Sheri or Dave,

We are cruising with our two granddaughters 6 & 8 on the Holiday June 1. It stops in Calica which I have not been to in many years. I know Playa is a short cab ride from the dock. What else is there to do for young girls. Is there public beaches in Playa within walking distance of the shopping? Where is the best place to have the taxi drop us off?

There is a public beach in Playa and it is gorgeous. Just tell your cab driver that you want to be let off by the ferry pier. There is plenty of shopping within walking distance. There are many restaurants right on the beach. The only thing you might be leary of is that many European travelers go to Playa and even tho there is supposed to be no topless tanning ........there sometimes is topless tanning. We walked about a half mile down the beach from the ferry pier and we saw one lady sunbathing without her top on. I would suggest you take your granddaughters to XCaret park. Here is the link http://www.xcaret.com/ We took Ashlie there when she was 5 and she loved it. She did the dolphin encounter (costs extra) and she loved the butterfly sanctuary. There is many things to see and do and they have a nice beach too. Hope this helps.

Hi Doug,

I see Sheri already answered you. Xcaret is a nice place to take them. If you go to PDC, it is about a $10 taxi ride. Ferry or 5th Ave will both get you dropped off at the start of the avenue.

So how many have applied for the Carnival House Party for March 29th? I just put my application in.

Dave

Archived