Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

As some of you are aware, about a week before our sailing I asked Tex to see if we could do the Walk for the Cure on board the Fantasy. It's seldom done on these shorter cruises but Tex got dispensation from Carnival HQ and they sent out t-shirts and wrist bands for 140 folks. They gave Tex a goal of signing up 54 folks. We had 125 sign up. Way to go, Tex!!! Bravo!!!

Here's a pic of our Cruise Critic folks who did the walk:

Walkersresized.jpg

My thanks to each and every one of you for making this a success.

As some of you are aware, about a week before our sailing I asked Tex to see if we could do the Walk for the Cure on board the Fantasy. It's seldom done on these shorter cruises but Tex got dispensation from Carnival HQ and they sent out t-shirts and wrist bands for 140 folks. They gave Tex a goal of signing up 54 folks. We had 125 sign up. Way to go, Tex!!! Bravo!!!

Walkersresized.jpg

As someone that lost a Mother to cancer, thank you guys very much for doing the walk. The Komen foundation is a blessing and the monies received will be put to good use(to find a cure).:)

OH MY WHAT WAS THIS?? was there a cookoff of some sorts?? Did my idea come to fruition???

Kevin had a fire at his restaurant just before the cruise - 80% gone. The hat was a gift from the group he booked with letting him know he had an extended family and all was going to be ok.

Kevin had a fire at his restaurant just before the cruise - 80% gone. The hat was a gift from the group he booked with letting him know he had an extended family and all was going to be ok.

OH WOW. Much better idea. Sorry to hear about his restaurant. Hopefully they can rebuild and get it going again.

As the hour approaches 4 AM, the few dim lights that line the Mississippi slide slowly and silently past and my mind returns to six day ago when this ‘Fantasy’ first began. It has been an amazing voyage, perhaps the most important cruise I ever have, or may ever take. My life has been graced by hundreds of new friends, some closer than others but all equally important. People who’s lives I have unintentionally touched hugged me and lavished undeserved praise on me. A few people who I knew only as a screen name ten days ago became the targets of fervent prayer and a few people who I knew as only a name and title at the bottom of an email I now count as friends.

The ship and her crew have been brilliant, constantly exceeding my expectations. Captain Scalla is an outstanding example and an accomplished Master. In his hands the Carnival Fantasy effortlessly plies the seas. Big Tex leads his staff as a Maestro would lead a symphony orchestra, almost invisibly tweaking each nuance of the cruise experience. John Heald… I don’t have words to describe how important John must be to Carnival and how important he has become to me. Some of those who sailed with us might be able to explain our relationship but I can not.

I need to thank, from the depths of my heart, each and every person who participated in the Blogger’s Cruise. Without exaggeration, this has been one of the most important and stunning events of my life.

God bless you all.

Thanks, Mach, for the posting on On Deck for the Cure -- a lot of folks probably know that the effort started with Holland America and spilled out to other lines in the Carnival Corp. family. I remember walking with one group on Sapphire Princess as we steamed into Hong Kong (very picturesque On Deck for the Cure experience!) and also on Holland America's Zaandam, during a massive storm in which we were sort of slanted sideways on the deck as the ship rolled back and forth.

We've got a thread going where members talk about their On Deck experiences -- it's in Princess' forum but no reason why all can't participate! Here 'tis: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=853162&highlight=deck+cure.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Walkersresized.jpg

Mornin, Krewe. I am writing from the road, plugged into the "crackberry", headed west on I-10 towards Houston for our last stop on this vacation. I have just read through half of the posts here while we were on board, and have to say, the tears are flowing again :o. I can't describe just how wonderful the cruise was. It really did feel like a family reunion as soon as we embarked. This morning, as I hugged goodbye to those I could find, I truly felt I would see them all again, but the mere fact that this long-awaited event was coming to a conclusion hadn't struck me 'til I was heading down the ramp between the ship and the terminal. I looked up through the windows at that beautiful lady and tears just leaked uncontrollably. I don't think I want to cruise again without all of my new friends... it just wouldn't be the same. So, now that I'm sniffling again, I will finish by saying I will be uploading the gazillion photos I took as soon as I get home and wiill post the, ahem, most appropriate ones here. ;):D:p

Hugs to you all!

As the hour approaches 4 AM, the few dim lights that line the Mississippi slide slowly and silently past and my mind returns to six day ago when this ‘Fantasy’ first began. It has been an amazing voyage, perhaps the most important cruise I ever have, or may ever take. My life has been graced by hundreds of new friends, some closer than others but all equally important. People who’s lives I have unintentionally touched hugged me and lavished undeserved praise on me. A few people who I knew only as a screen name ten days ago became the targets of fervent prayer and a few people who I knew as only a name and title at the bottom of an email I now count as friends.

The ship and her crew have been brilliant, constantly exceeding my expectations. Captain Scala is an outstanding example and an accomplished Master. In his hands the Carnival Fantasy effortlessly plies the seas. Big Tex leads his staff as a Maestro would lead a symphony orchestra, almost invisibly tweaking each nuance of the cruise experience. John Heald… I don’t have words to describe how important John must be to Carnival and how important he has become to me. Some of those who sailed with us might be able to explain our relationship but I can not.

I need to thank, from the depths of my heart, each and every person who participated in the Blogger’s Cruise. Without exaggeration, this has been one of the most important and stunning events of my life.

God bless you all.

Mach you have done so much for many people here on CC...I wished i could have been with you all...I can only imagine how it must feel all that fun and the love for each other..I can not wait until I will get to meet You and many others on the Crazies cruise...All you CRAZIES were sorely missed....

Hey everyone! Mach and I are just into Texas and heading back to San Antonio. What a marvelously wonderful 5 days. To finally meet folks that a week ago were only a name and now people I will gladly call friend and hope we some day meet again!!

John and the Carnival crew were all fantastic and sure know how to throw a party! From the cocktail parties on the ship to the marvelous time at Juan's Mexican Fiesta in Cozumel. Wherever you saw them they were willing to stop to make sure we were having a good time.

We had a few bumps, but imo nothing that was a trip disaster for sure.

My personal favorite was the Playa Mia beach break in Cozumel. he drinks flowed freely, the games were a blast to watch and it was an absolutely beautiful day weather-wise. Can you we do it again?

I'm sure there will be many of the Krewe coming in today and over the next couple of days to post and share their most memorable moments!

See ya in a bit.

Ruth and I are currently at the airport...our flights don't leave for another few hours, so we were within the last 30 people to get off the ship! We were in NO hurry since her flight leaves around 5pm and mine around 6pm! I know she will check in when she gets home, and i won't be back to Midland until around 10pm.

We had a wonderful time!! It was so fun getting to see people i had already met, and meeting those who i had only known from the board! It truly was like seeing an old friend. Ruth and I had never met before this trip, but we didn't feel like strangers after talking on the phone and emailing for months.

Thank you, Mach, for getting this all together! If you have never done a group cruise, it is great because it is fun to be walking and be constantly running into "friends"! You can do your own thing but meet up with others anytime!

I will post some pics, probably tomorrow, or sometime this weekend.

It was so fun meeting everyone, putting faces to names, and just hanging out. And yes, Mach looked DARNED sexy in his nightie!!:D;):p Love ya, Mach!!

We are home safe and sound. We stopped off by my dads near Lake Charles for a while. What a great trip. Met lots of great CC Blogger Krewe. I know I never got to meet all.

VIP disembarkation was a breeze. We sat in the Forumn Lounge (only place to hold 50 +) until about 8:20 am. The ACD Stitch came and got us and lead the VIP group down to the gang way. We followed the last of the self assist down the ramp. The porters were waiting, breezed through customs and was pulling out of the parking lot by 8:30

We arrived home around 6:00 pm and the computer needed an "attitude adjustment" but all is right with the world again.

WOW is all I can say.......Mach - thank you for putting this cruise together. What an amazing group of people. Like others have said, we only knew each other by screen names and now I feel like I have a whole new family.

Lambie started sending me text messages on Saturday morning to let me know that Fantasy was in port awaiting our arrival......on the way home today....Lambie and elaina kept us entertained for HOURS with text messages! On and if you ever pass Hillie out on I-10....watch out......she waves Cruise Critic tee shirts out the window!!! What a blast.

How will we ever survive until September for the Crazies Cruise? I want to GO NOW!!

I am now home and I am really glad to be able to hug my DH and my Grand but I sure miss everyone.

I really want to thank Everyone for making me feel a part of the Group. It's been a long time since I have felt so close to so many.

Penny you are such a wonderful friend and Charlotte I only wiish I could have such a bubbly personality. Sheri it was so nice sharing a cabin with you.

Everyone in the group were so wonderful.I really hope that I will sail again with everyone but until we do please make note of my e-mail rbrb1951@charter.net and please stay in touch.May God Bless each and everyone!Love you all Ruth

Hiya, kids!

I'm home and amazingly disorganized... Regardless I needed to get online and tell everyone... each and every one of the Krewe how fantastic you were! You did Cruise Critic, and me, proud.

I would be honored to sail with all or any one of you again. I'll never forget this cruise, the friendships that I built and the love that I felt from you guys.

Thanks again...

Mach

Thanks, Mach, for the posting on On Deck for the Cure -- a lot of folks probably know that the effort started with Holland America and spilled out to other lines in the Carnival Corp. family. I remember walking with one group on Sapphire Princess as we steamed into Hong Kong (very picturesque On Deck for the Cure experience!) and also on Holland America's Zaandam, during a massive storm in which we were sort of slanted sideways on the deck as the ship rolled back and forth.

We've got a thread going where members talk about their On Deck experiences -- it's in Princess' forum but no reason why all can't participate! Here 'tis: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=853162&highlight=deck+cure.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Thank you, Carolyn...

As I mentioned on the 'Walk' thread on this forum I lost my mom to breast cancer many years ago so this event is important to me, as well.

Kudos to John and Big Tex for going WAY above and beyond to get permission from Carnival Corporate to conduct the walk.

Our participants laughed, sang and occasionally shed a tear but everyone loved being part of something so important.

Carolyn, I wish you could have participated in the Blogger's Cruise. It really was an impressive event with folks from all over the North America and even Australia joining in to laugh over the antics and smile at the wisdom of John Heald. It was a joy to hear him express his hopes for the future of Carnival and enumerate the successes.

Perhaps the next time.

Mach

It was a joy to hear him express his hopes for the future of Carnival and enumerate the successes.

For those of us not lucky enough to have joined you guys on the cruise, I was wondering if you could recount some of what John conveyed in regards to his hopes for the future of Carnival?

I sure HOPE John doesn't want to re-instate that old Carnival tradition of the male nightgown contest fleetwide :eek:

Congrats, by the way :D

Archived