Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Just got back from our Meet & Mingle!! We had a darn good turn out… probably 55 or so folks and we had a TON of fun!!!

John was there along with Stephanie 02. John made sure that he talked with everyone and there were lots of hugs goin’ on… One of our Bloggers was quite insistant that he was NEVER GONNA LEAVE THIS SHIP. A new cruiser is born.

I was so honored by our group. John told the group that there was a present for me, from them. I had to kinda fight my way into the box. You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that they had bought me bubble wrap and packing paper!!! Stitch pointed out that there was probably something else in the box and there was. A Mardi Gras size set of martini glasses and a pitcher!! I swear those glasses are large enough to swim in. I intend to verify that fact later this evening!!!

It’s time for me to get ready for our Elegant Evening and the Captain’s Reception so I’ll try to check in later with an additional update or two!!!

Y’ll be good!!!

Well, foo...

I've gotta tell y'all that folks have been trying to post but the connection keeps on failing. I tried four times last night, burnt 15 expensive minutes of time only to be kicked off each and every time. Others are having the same issues.

First, something important. One of our group, Squidly, isn't feeling well in the least. If y'all are so inclinded, I'm sure he'd apprecaite some prayers for his recovery. I'd love to have him be able to enjoy the last couple days of his voyage. He's been a part of this group since day one and is a real gem. Thanks, kids.

Last night was Formal Night and the VAST majority of folks were very nicely dressed. Lots of tuxes ( I didn't bring mine...) and the ladies were all stunning!! Formal Night = LOBSTER and boy howdy... were those critters tasty!! The broiled shrimp that accompanied them were stunning as well.

As Stitch was still recovering from the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake from the previous evening she opted for the Bitter and Blanc. Although it didn't elicit the same sexual noises the WCMC did she allowed as how it was quite good none the less.

This morning is Progreso. Folks have set up various little tours of thier own design and will head off in a variety of direction. I think we'll visit a beach and chill, grab lunch some where and get back to the ship kinda early.

Yesterday evening John asked me if it would be all right if we dined with him and Captain Scalla tonight. Of course, I turned him down... NOT!!!! :D

So, we have quite a day ahead. I'm hoping to find and internet cafe so I can get back up to speed and upload some picture... a job that I am woefully behind on!

Talk to y'all soon!!!

Mach

OK… more about the ship and the sailing… I’ve not sailed the Fantasy before but folks who have tell me that the ship is a brilliant transformation from her former self. I CAN tell you that the entire ship is bright, airy and open. There are tons of white marble surfaces, walls and columns.

There’s not nearly as much art about as on other Carnival ships I’ve experienced but the lack compliments this vessel. The ship is clean… clean as a hound’s-tooth. I’ve yet to spend time at the water park and slides but I promise to do that either later today or on Wednesday. The Serenity Adults Only area is lovely, very much the one on the Inspiration. It’s also VERY popular. Some folks have had a bit of a tough time finding it so I’ve played tour guide on a few occasions.

The ship’s master, Captain Scalla, must be fantastic leader. When he was Master of the Ecstasy sailing from Galveston the ship ranked at the top of the heap for customer satisfaction and the same is now true of the Fantasy. Congratulations, Captain Scalla. Such accolades are only possible if the concern for the passenger starts a the top.

I’ve spent time with every single on of our Bayou Bloggers and I’m here to tell you that I’d be honored to sail with each and every one of them again. They’re bright, upbeat, happy and they are CRUISERS. They know the ins and out of sailing, they revel in talking to the crew, they understand that the world doesn’t revolve around them, none of them came expecting to be treated differently than anyone else on the ship and they are so appreciative of the fact that they have been. In short, Cruise Critic members ROCK!!! Thank you, kids…

Thanks Mach, Sheri and everyone that has taken time to drop by and let us know how things are going. Loving hearing from you all. Keep us posted on all your fun and hoping to see more pictures. Maybe the internet will cooperate with y'all so we can hear from more of you. Thanks again!

Hey, wanted to post a belated shout out to the Cruise Critic Krewe and all the bloggers I met on last year's inaugural Bloggers Cruise (Evil Ed, princesses, etc.)! Sorry I can't join you all in person this year --I'm working my thingy off here in Cruise Critic's satellite California office.

But, please enjoy some chocolate melting cake on my behalf! And stay far away from the sugar-free jelly beans...

Thank you all for taking time out from vacation to post here about the experience! This thread will be promoted on Cruise Critic's homepage all week.

We'd love to see some of your photos. If you post an image (either by uploading to this thread or our photo gallery, or posting a direct link to an individual image in your personal photo library), we'll send you a KOOZIE -- and you may even see your photo on our homepage!

There is no lighting around the vanity……haven’t figured that out.[/font]

The bathrooms now have “low lighting” and kind of like a pedestal sink…….no counter space. !

:eek::eek: how do you see to do your make-up? Guess I'll be packing a lighted mirror when it's my turn on the "new" Fantasy in November.

Ya'll take good care of her and have fun....looking forward to many more posts and pictures.

Happy Sails!!!

Archived