Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

OK there are going to be a gazillion of you guys on this cruise... someone HAS to get a pic of Mach for us!!! :D

Hockey Addict -

do a search for any of the Carnival invades Dallas beach ball threads. Video and pics were posted after the event and I'm certain some of them had Mach in them. We had a large CC group there and we all had a great time.

Made it to New Orleans!

Had some food and am fading fast...

You can follow along here,

and here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

They set you up a thread just for this and have stickied it at the top of the page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=920152

They set you up a thread just for this and have stickied it at the top of the page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=920152

Yes, but I am an independent traveler, not part of the group, and a dedicated thread makes it easier for me to find out where I was. Especially once I have to pay for Internet on board the ship. :)

Made it to New Orleans!

Had some food and am fading fast...

IMG_5291.JPG

IMG_5292.JPG

You can follow along here,

and here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

OMG, you are soooooo cruel :p Last time I was in NOLA, I had a plate of food just like this. One of the fried oysters had a tiny black pearl in it. Oh, man, wish I was there!!!

A few hours ago, I surprised John Heald at his hotel.......he almost fell over as I was the "last" person he expected to be here in New Orleans! I arrived last week from Melbourne, Australia and it was a well kept and guarded secret that I was joining the Bloggers Cruise from NO!!!

Now it's time to get this PARTYYYYY started for REAL!!!

Am looking forward to cruising with EVERYONE from ALL message boards on this cruise!!!

Will check in from time to time with updates......on my 38th Carnival Cruise!!!

nolaAlive,

Very glad to see you are doing this - though I won't be able to read the whole thread until WE GET BACK FROM THIS CRUISE!!!

Looking forward to meeting the man behind the camera taking all these fabulous pictures!!!

OMG, you are soooooo cruel :p Last time I was in NOLA, I had a plate of food just like this. One of the fried oysters had a tiny black pearl in it. Oh, man, wish I was there!!!

I wish you were going with us too - so sorry you had to cancel.

I'm not sure ANY one can post after drinking? But I will give it the old Blogger's try!!!!

We aren't there yet but after I check the posts we will be on our way. Hillie is just 2 hours ahead of me. If they were going thru Dallas as originally planned, we would probably beat them to LA. HA! HA!

Anyway! Everyone traveling today, keep all 4 wheels on the road, be safe and be alert. Trust only in God and yourselves and watch out for those other drivers. I hope everyone else arrived safely. See you soon.

NAWLINS HERE WE COME. READY OR NOT!!!!

ALMOST THERE!

The fun has officially started!!!

We did the community outreach thingy this morning. A solid 100 of us bussed to Westend Park to do some badly needed rehab. We scraped paint, painted paint, weedeated ( I don't think that's a word but you get the idea...), dragged dead limbs and knocked down trees and had a bunch of fun with John, Stephanie, Stephanie, Tom, Mark et al!!!

We got a BUNCH done and the place already looks better. The lady who founded The Beacon of Hope was there and told the tale of post-Katrina and the recovery to date. She thanked everyone profusely for participating.

John then surprised them with check from Carnival the amount of $5000. Is there any wonder I love our cruise line??

Stitch arrives a 4:15 and we're going directly to the reception at La Mansion for a two hour open bar!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

I'll post more a bit later and let y'all know about any other adventures I have!!!

:)

Archived