Rollback prices a possibility?

CCKelly

Suppose that due to the economic situation, some cruise prices are rolled back or offered at deeper discounts in order to fill up ships. If you have already booked your trip and made the initial deposit (or even paid 100 percent), is it possible to get the lower price and get a rebate? If so, how does one go about getting the lower price? I am asking about this specifically as it relates to RSSC, but wondering about other lux cruise lines also.

In the past RSSC has been pretty good about this, but sometimes these discounts are specified as "for new bookings only". Then it takes some gymnastics, and a calculator--usually involving cancelling and rebooking, paying a cancellation fee, etc. A good TA will stay on top of this kind of thing for you, and give you advice about risks such as losing your favourite cabin or cabin class.

Also, I've found that sales always come just after you've moved into the penalty phase of your booking so it makes it impossible to cancel and re-book again and as Wendy stated it almost always has that qualifier of "new bookings only".

Pat

If Regent is reacting anything like Oceania, they will re-adjust the price. Friends booked Oceania last October at $5999 per person, through Oceania. They transferred the booking to a knowledgable TA who was able to re-adjust the fare to the now available $5099 per person. No rebooking required, and the air credit etc stayed intact.

Host Dan

Our recent experience with a "rollback" on an upcoming Regent cruise was well before any cancellation penalty period. Our TA merely informed us that the price dropped, and it was passed along.

We booked our Alaska cruise when we first got the brochure, and it was "40% off". Then we got a subsequent brochure, and it had changed to "2 for 1".

I called our travel agent to say the price had changed, she verified that it had, and said, "I'll get that changed for you - no problem."

Sure enough, it was no problem!

I just received an email from a company selling a PG 7 day sailing, one date only for $1995.00 a person.

I don't ever recall it being priced that low ever......even back in the good old days.

Also, had a sale flyer with exceptional discounting for Seabourn in my inbox at the same time. They really are starting to roll out the discounts.

Pat

I just received an email from a company selling a PG 7 day sailing, one date only for $1995.00 a person.

I don't ever recall it being priced that low ever......even back in the good old days.

Also, had a sale flyer with exceptional discounting for Seabourn in my inbox at the same time. They really are starting to roll out the discounts.

Pat

How come the only emails I ever get are for

LUXURY REPLICA WATCHES!

ERASE YOUR DEBT!

BETTER THAN VIAGARA!

:p

LOL cruzndiz LOL!!! I'll just bet that ****** is really helpful!:p

You probably need to go to the various websites, if you haven't already and sign up for their email promos. Although I have done that and I didn't get either of these either.

Sorry Linda, because of board rules I can't put anything that might remotely even identify a company. group etc. However, enterprising people can find a way to get this info. Sorry can't post more as that's against board rules too.

I did sign up a long time ago with one said company but the Seabourn one I gather was from being a past pax and I'm on their mailing list. I get so much advertising from Seabourn both via email and snail mail that it's ridiculous.

P

I think I can post this with no problem. We're on the Silversea and Seabourn mailing list. Yesterday we received an email directly from Seabourn with some incredible prices. Anyone can go to these sites and sign up for for email -- it has nothing to do with who your TA is.

Fingers crossed that I didn't break any rules:o

Well I just got good news from my TA - Regent giving me credit of $500.00 for my June sailing on Mariner to Alaska for being past passenger. :) Haven't gotten a credit since the Diamond and that was a total surprise back then.

Interesting. We, too, are multi-time repeat Regent passengers (dating back to the Diamond days), booked on Mariner in Alaska this June, and no such credit offer -- at least yet. Here's hoping... :)

Seems odd if it's just random. I'd think a decent percentage of Mariner Alaska passengers are repeat Regent customers. Are you using Regent air? We booked air on our own with FF miles and took the credit.

Final payments for June cruises are approaching; I wonder if they've been seeing any attrition at deadline time and are trying to shore up bookings?

-- Eric

Ok everyone, I apologize. There was a misunderstanding. Regent is giving me $500.00 extra on board ship credit for being past passenger. Frankly would rather have the $500.00 knocked off total bill since free excursions this June. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Archived