Live from Century 02/09/09 sailing

Xcruiser

Some brief mid cruise notes:

For those who will soon sail Century that maybe driving to P.O.M., check not only the departing terminal but also the return terminal as they may not be the same. After tipping the baggage handler on arrival to the port he tipped us. He told me that Century would not be returning to the same terminal and since it would return to the other end of the port he suggest parking there and take the free port shuttle to return to the departing terminal. This is simpler to deal with up front rather than hauling all your luggage from one end of the port to the other on return.

Embarkation was very fast, we arrived at the terminal at 11:30a and were on at 11:50a. It would have been even faster if not for my metallic personality and the metal detector. Despite purging all metal from my person I still failed to pass through without a buzz. They tried the handheld detector which failed to detect anything including metal objects so they offered a free body message – I’ve had better.;)

The Ship is in great condition, most of the carpet looks new and you have to look real hard to find any wear and tear. Some detailing was going on all over the ship and it would be hard to tell this ship entered service in 1995. Since I sailed her last year they have replace most of the pool side tables and chairs with the teak style used at the sunset bar.

This crew is really friendly and quick to make you feel at home. Staffing however seems to be down in the MDR and our service so far has not been as personally interactive as we’ve come to expect from Celebrity, I would call it efficient. Also something maybe going on with the menu’s as they seemed to have made a recent change for the good. I’ll try to get more details and pass them along but food has been very good so far but a few items have been little too salty for our tastes (and we like a lot of salt on our food).

For all that have asked about the brunch we had one today and it was listed in the daily, it is “not to be missed” – outstanding!:)

So far all is great and we’re really enjoying this cruise as we did last year. I’ll report more when time permits but first priority is to just enjoy.

As our captain would say “bye for now”. :)

Enjoy yourself there and I look forward to hearing more...my wife and I and youngest daughter are in a Royal Suite in March 2010 on the Century for our 25th anniversary...the year long wait is going to kill us (well...me anyway) as we love to travel...take care

Thanks for the update. If you get a chance, say hi to Raffaele, Hotel Director. He is fantastic. Also, look for Zore in the Martini Bar. She was so friendly and so warm and caring. Tell her Joe and David said hi.

Thanks for the update. If you get a chance, say hi to Raffaele, Hotel Director. He is fantastic. Also, look for Zore in the Martini Bar. She was so friendly and so warm and caring. Tell her Joe and David said hi.

Hi Joe:)never got your email:eek:...glad you both had a good time

though:D.

Did you eat in Murano's?

Joel, glad ya'll are enjoying yourselves too! I sail her in April

and I am so looking forward to it:)

Hi Lois,

I don't know why you didn't get my email. I replied to yours. We did eat in Murano and it was as great as always. Of course, a nice bottle of wine always enhances the experience :)

Who knows? Maybe it got lost in cyberspace:confused:

Anyway, you went on a 4 nighter, right? That is what I am doing

and I am actually thinking about eating there all 4 nights.:eek:

XCruiser - please do me a favor and look for Nick Ellapen. He is now Asst. Matre D. Please tell him that Ms. Wendt was asking for him. He was recently transferred from the Galaxy to Century and promoted to this new position. I hope you have him as your Asst. Matre D. I KNOW you will like him. He wants everyone to have a great cruise.

marlene

marlenewendtch@sbcglobal.net

Right now I'm sitting at the sunset bar on the back of Century getting ready to leave the ship :(. Had a wonderful Cruise and really wish we cold stay onboard it went way to fast. We had perfect weather the entire time and really enjoyed this sailing. I'll report more when I get back home and write a full review but he is some brief highlights:

Good Coffee - yes really good coffee.

Great Food in all venues - MDR menu's were really good this sailing.

Crew - what can I say, one of the best.

Ship - very good condition, better than last year which I thought showed little wear and tear.

Over all a great time with only one minor service issue.

More when I return and will answer any questions then.:)

Glad you enjoyed my favorite ship. :) Looking forward to your review since I leave in 2 weeks. Can you tell me who the captains club hostess was? Was there a guitarist? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Anne

Hi Anne:)..good to see you again. I have to wait

till April 16th!

Hope you have a great time:D

we tried X and did a nice cruise Jan 26-31 and found the service we got in the mdr to be less than what we have gotten on RCI. The shows were terrible. The staff was nice but did not do much if a problem haappened. People we meet there at our table had a cabin where the ac was not working. So to offset that they went to Muranos on the house. Since they asked us to go with them we did and they offered us the split ont he free dinners. SO we each only paid for one person which was very nice of them to say the least. So we could not complain. None of us thought the food was wonderful. As a matter of fact his wife could not even eat the lobster and scallop dish. She gave it to my hubby who eats anything. Mine had sand or grit in them and told the waiter and he did nothing.

There was nothing outstanding on the menu at all. For dessert we had the chocolate/grand marnier souffle which is the same as the one served on RCI at dinner in the main ding room. We were all very disappointed in Muranos. Nothing memorable at all.

we tried X and did a nice cruise Jan 26-31 and found the service we got in the mdr to be less than what we have gotten on RCI. The shows were terrible. The staff was nice but did not do much if a problem haappened. People we meet there at our table had a cabin where the ac was not working. So to offset that they went to Muranos on the house. Since they asked us to go with them we did and they offered us the split ont he free dinners. SO we each only paid for one person which was very nice of them to say the least. So we could not complain. None of us thought the food was wonderful. As a matter of fact his wife could not even eat the lobster and scallop dish. She gave it to my hubby who eats anything. Mine had sand or grit in them and told the waiter and he did nothing.

There was nothing outstanding on the menu at all. For dessert we had the chocolate/grand marnier souffle which is the same as the one served on RCI at dinner in the main ding room. We were all very disappointed in Muranos. Nothing memorable at all.

Sorry you had such a disappointing time:(

Hi Anne:)..good to see you again. I have to wait

till April 16th!

Hope you have a great time:D

Hi Lois :)

Really looking forward to this. I am doing a b2b this time, keeping the same (inside) cabin. I know you will enjoy your April cruise. Will let you know how I find Century since there seems to be some opposing opinions just now. ;)

Anne

Really looking forward to this. I am doing a b2b this time, keeping the same (inside) cabin. I know you will enjoy your April cruise. Will let you know how I find Century since there seems to be some opposing opinions just now. ;)

Anne

Hi Anne, great:) thanks!

And I have an inside cabin too.

So, are you going for a total of 9 nights?

Hi Anne, great:) thanks!

And I have an inside cabin too.

So, are you going for a total of 9 nights?

Yes, nine nights. :D As I get older, I want to get all the ship time in that I can out of my flights. Just really dislike flying anymore. Was tempted to do a b2b2b but got stopped by the hubby.:o

Anne

Yes, nine nights. :D As I get older, I want to get all the ship time in that I can out of my flights. Just really dislike flying anymore. Was tempted to do a b2b2b but got stopped by the hubby.:o

Anne

Anne, I don't blame you one bit:D:)

I know you will have a good time!

Hi Joe & Dave,

I didn’t get a chance to meet Raffaele Bernardini but hotel operations onboard Century were first rate so he’s doing a good job.

I tried to say hi from you both to Zore but she’s no longer onboard Century. The hostess in the Martini bar is a very attractive young Russian lady by the name of Visinja. She was very friendly and always remembered our likes, for me my new favorite martini is “The Bluewave”, very tasty. :)

Archived