I want to go to Aruba but Carnival won't take me!

Cruisin' Ron VA

I am in the planning stages of my next cruise. I want to go to Aruba but I cannot find a ship that is going there.

I refuse to sail from PR if that is the only option.

I want to go Next Jan or Feb.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So far the only line I can find going there is HAL. I have been on HAL before but I would prefer Carnival or something similar.

Even the other lines are not going to Aruba.

Whats up with that?

I am in the planning stages of my next cruise. I want to go to Aruba but I cannot find a ship that is going there.

So far the only line I can find going there is HAL. I have been on HAL before but I would prefer Carnival or something similar.

Whats up with that?

Did you look at Princess? We have been to Aruba on Princess a couple of times. 14 or 15 days RT Ft. Lauderdale. They only do that itinerary a couple of times a year.

Dan

Whats up with that?

Well for one thing, Aruba is very far south, likely the ships going would leave from San Juan, however, according to you, that is a deal breaker.

Guess you won't be going on Carnival or any other line if you won't leave from San Juan....

If you like Aruba that much (and why wouldn't you? :D), why limit yourself to an 8-hour port call? Might I suggest a one-week stay at an AI on the island in lieu of a cruise? I did that a few years ago and had an absloute blast! And if you do choose to go that route, make sure to spend an evening bar-hopping on the kuku kanuku bus. It is not to be missed!

Whats up with that?

Have you considered just doing a land vacation this time? Aruba is so far south that most of your cruise would be spent getting there and back. My nieghbors have done a few all-inclusives there and loved it. Otherwise I highly recommend sailing out of San Juan and do a southern caribbean itinerary.

'Ron'

How 'bout a 14 day from New York (homeport for you, sorta')...

NCL has a 14 day on November 1, 2009! 'Circle the Caribbean'...:D

Ports include: Samana, St. Thomas, St. Johns, Roseau, Bridgetown, St. Lucia, Curacao and Aruba ending in Miami... with five sea days!!:)

Pretty 'port intensive', but its "gets you where you wanta' go".. ;)

Have a GREAT cruise! :cool:

Lizardhowson, I knew when I posted this that Holland America went to Aruba from Florida. So I am not limited to San Juan. I was hoping I could find a Carnival ship that also sailed from stateside.

I have been on HAL but would have preferred Carnival instead.

I did some more looking and found Emerald Princess doing a ten day.

It seems at this point I may give Princess a whirl. You never really know unless you go yourself.

I do like the idea of land based vacation to Aruba. I liked Panama so much I had to go back and spent a week. I made some great friends. Street parties until dawn....

We are still in the early stages and anything can happen as it is not yet in stone.

Thanks again everyone.

Here' date=' from a previous Cruise Critic news item:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruisetoresults.cfm?action=getresult&sort=shipname&depcity=&shipname=&cl=&port=&portofcall=Aruba&price=none&interests=none&lifestyle=none[/quote']

Thanks for the link Gma.

Thanks again to all who helped.

I realize Aruba is pretty far.

I can always get my Carnival fix another time.

Why would say something like that?

Carnival used to go to Aruba and I thought they still did. I was just asking for help.

Are you ok? :confused:

I have been to Aruba two times on a Carnival 7 day but they were both out of San Juan.

I do wish they would add Aruba again...maybe a 9 day out of Miami.....

I want to see Costa Rica, but I guess I knew there were no 7 day cruises to get there. Have to take a 10 day southern cruise.

Costa Rica is in the Western Caribbean. You have a couple of choices with Carnival

8 day Freedom out of Miami

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCT&durDays=8&shipCode=FD&subRegionCode=CW&rateCode=PR1%20%20&sailDate=9/26/2009&sailingID=48336

8 Day Miracle out of FLL

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCN&durDays=8&shipCode=MI&subRegionCode=CW&rateCode=DP3&sailDate=11/28/2009&sailingID=46882

HAL does 7 night cruises to Aruba out of Fort Lauderdale. We recently went on the Westerdam on that route. Very nice itinerary. The ship and service were excellent. Entertainment was lacking (quality and the quantity of venues), but if you don't care so much about that, it's a nice cruise. We didn't mind because we always find something to do, but others with us were a bit bored. The price was right too. I paid about $620/pp (inc. taxes/port fees) for a mid-Dec. cruise in a "large inside" category (somewhere in the middle).

We were a little hesitant to try HAL, but didn't mind it. We'd do it again.

Hey Ron, we also wanted to see Aruba and Costa Rica, we went on the Constellation 11 day with Celebrity, we enjoyed it so much we did the say itenerary sans Costa Rica and picked up Cartagena, Columbia the next year. It was really nice and I highly recommend this Itenerary.

If you get to Aruba I will suggest that you try to eat at The Old Fisherman in the shopping area downtown, a local pointed us to this place and it's still one of the best meals we can think of. Not fancy at all we were in jeans and baseball caps. But the food was outstanding.

The people of Aruba are friendly and happy people, it's called "one happy little island"

And for the poster that posted the Natalie Holloway poster, shame on you!!!! Do NOT blame Aruba for that. First off things happen here in the US and other countries EVERY day, girls disappear. Second the person that was probable in doing this to this girl was NOT an Aruba native and the people there HATE that this happened there. I talked to several natives there and they all say the same.

I've heard many people say they would never go there because of the Natalie thing. Well those people should stay locked in their homes and go no where. Everywhere, everyday there are girls disappearing, people being robbed, mugged, killed, raped, etc.:rolleyes:

Carole

Well for one thing, Aruba is very far south, likely the ships going would leave from San Juan, however, according to you, that is a deal breaker.

Guess you won't be going on Carnival or any other line if you won't leave from San Juan....

Celebrity goes there from Ft Lauderdale.

If you like Aruba that much (and why wouldn't you? :D), why limit yourself to an 8-hour port call? Might I suggest a one-week stay at an AI on the island in lieu of a cruise? I did that a few years ago and had an absloute blast! And if you do choose to go that route, make sure to spend an evening bar-hopping on the kuku kanuku bus. It is not to be missed!

hey MadMan, my husband and I want to do this, maybe next spring. Where did you stay and how was it? I'd love any suggestions on where to stay. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this island and it's people.

Thanks!!!! Carole

Archived