Are you First class or Steerage?

Hahaha! Loving the screen name. :D btw I can see your point happysunshine, just the post did not come off as the ray of sunshine sort of thing....

Scotfi that penguin video is precious. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry if I sounded harsh that was not my intention. :o But I think sometimes we need to keep these sort of things into perspective, RCCL doesn't want to humiliate any of their customers. This perk is just to sell more of their overpriced rooms. After all, it is a money maker to sell more suites even if its just a couple.

My 1st cruise was on the Song of Norway in an inside cabin, which was about the size of a walk-in closet in those days. I ended up breaking my toe when I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Since then I've been in a room with a porthole or window at least. For the past 10 years we've sailed in Junior Suite or above cabins. I don't see that the perks are going to be much different than in the past in the GS and above? I guess the fancy gold keycards will be new. I'm surprised they aren't giving the Royal Suite cabins there own color of keycards.

First class traveling steerage.

At first I would have a problem with this. Most things should be first come first serve. But if is for only guests in certain suites then that cannot be too many people to accomodate. As long as it did not bring a big inconvienience to regular passengers then it is okay.

The only thing I have a problem with is the reserved seating at the pool, ice shows etc. I think it is fine for them to get priority access to the ice show tickets for one show each, or even to reserve a row early for them, but if it gets close to show time and the seats are not filled, they should be opened to everyone.

Same thing at the pool. If no one from the suites has come to the pool by a certain time, say 10 or11 am, then the chairs should be opened to anyone.

I agree they pay more, give them some extra priveleges, but I hate to see things that are in high demand being wasted just in case someone wants to use them.

There could also be other benefits that do not affect other passengers such as 2 for one at Portofinos or free portofinos. I guess that is not as likely to happen since it will lower revenues.

There could also be other benefits that do not affect other passengers such as 2 for one at Portofinos or free portofinos. I guess that is not as likely to happen since it will lower revenues.

Right, the perks are fine as long as they just affect the other passengers and not RCI's bottom line.:rolleyes: Just a joke folks....:D

I agree they pay more, give them some extra priveleges

I do not agree with this. Suite passengers are paying more for the size of the room. It's price per square foot folks. Why should RCCL or any other line for that matter continue to throw "extra's" at suite passengers? All I read about from most suite passengers is how they feel like they are intitled to more. If you want a huge cabin, you're gonna pay for it! ;)

Sorry..Off soap box..

The reason I left Carnival was a severe lack of pool chairs. Saw one too many ugly confrontation over chair saving.

I'm sold on the Majesty of the Seas. More chairs than cruisers it seemed. Is this not the case on other RCCL ships?

I do not agree with this. Suite passengers are paying more for the size of the room. It's price per square foot folks. Why should RCCL or any other line for that matter continue to throw "extra's" at suite passengers? All I read about from most suite passengers is how they feel like they are intitled to more. If you want a huge cabin, you're gonna pay for it! ;)

Speaking from the mouth of a suite passenger, suites do go with perks, either on land or by sea. IMO you'd feel much differently if you were to book a suite onboard for both yourself and family.

There's no reason as to why one person or another should be so concerned about what one another are entiltled to. I've sailed from inside cabins to balcony's to suite's....I've never been consumed with such nonsense as to what other's are entiled to. For goodness sakes, just enjoy your cruise, it's supposed to be enjoyable.

Speaking from the mouth of a suite passenger, suites do go with perks, either on land or by sea. IMO you'd feel much differently if you were to book a suite onboard for both yourself and family.

There's no reason as to why one person or another should be so concerned about what one another are entiltled to. I've sailed from inside cabins to balcony's to suite's....I've never been consumed with such nonsense as to what other's are entiled to. For goodness sakes, just enjoy your cruise, it's supposed to be enjoyable.

I still disagree. I have stayed in a GS and I can say, I enjoyed myself because of the room, not the "perks". Extra's would not have made any difference in my enjoyment.

I still disagree. I have stayed in a GS and I can say, I enjoyed myself because of the room, not the "perks". Extra's would not have made any difference in my enjoyment.

As we are all entilted to our own opnion's, I enjoy all that is offered with a suite, whether it be the space provided, priority tendering, priority dinner reservations, etc.

If RCCL is offering these perks to it's suite guest's, it's to be used at the discretion of the guest's in which it's provided to.

I find it odd that people are complaining and feeling sorry for themselves because of this new policy. You do realize that a luxury cruiser ( someone that travels on a cruise ship for pleasure ) is not steerage, or a have-not?

Try telling your "white card vs. gold card" sob story to a homeless family, or to someone that used a boat as a means to escape a desperate situation, and report back their reaction.

Do not ever use guilt as a tactic. :(

Just because someone can afford to cruise in a balcony or a suite or even an inside....does NOT make them responsible for the less fortunate in the world.

That is like saying.... you are very healthy and have used up all the health and no one can have any of it. :D

Do not ever use guilt as a tactic. :(

Just because someone can afford to cruise in a balcony or a suite or even an inside....does NOT make them responsible for the less fortunate in the world.

That is like saying.... you are very healthy and have used up all the health and no one can have any of it. :D

WOW..........Nancy!!:)

You are so right on...............there is no one better than you to have said those words.

We think of Dan and you almost every day........because of what we have experienced with you two...........and your love of life!

Interesting how life changes when there are major roadblocks set up........and somehow some of us get around them.

Hope to cruise with you two again soon!!

Rick

WOW..........Nancy!!:)

You are so right on...............there is no one better than you to have said those words.

We think of Dan and you almost every day........because of what we have experienced with you two...........and your love of life!

Interesting how life changes when there are major roadblocks set up........and somehow some of us get around them.

Hope to cruise with you two again soon!!

Rick

Thank you and Bobbie,

We love you guys!:)

For the amount of money they have to pay for those suites - more power to them. They deserve lots of perks for what they pay. I've never had a suite but I cruise a lot because I can get 2 or 3 cruises for what they pay. It's just a matter of what is important to you. Different strokes for different folks.

People should be able to spend there money as they please. We would never spend the money on anything but an inside cabin. We get up early, 5am, go to the cafe for coffee then out by the pool by 7am and stay there all day. If we enjoyed staying in our room I'd spend more money for more space and better service, to each his own. Are we upset someone else had more fun on the cruise, never. We're on the cruise to relax and enjoy ourselves, we hope everyone else has a good time, but not our concern or worry. We always get our monies worth. It would be a sad world if we were all the same. Do we get a chuckle that other people spend lots more money for the same experience, yes, but we it's their money.

People should be able to spend there money as they please. We would never spend the money on anything but an inside cabin. We get up early, 5am, go to the cafe for coffee then out by the pool by 7am and stay there all day. If we enjoyed staying in our room I'd spend more money for more space and better service, to each his own. Are we upset someone else had more fun on the cruise, never. We're on the cruise to relax and enjoy ourselves, we hope everyone else has a good time, but not our concern or worry. We always get our monies worth. It would be a sad world if we were all the same. Do we get a chuckle that other people spend lots more money for the same experience, yes, but we it's their money.

It's funny, we look at it from the other end. My husband and I love a large cabin and really enjoy sitting on a private balcony instead of having to search out a chair and cope with the noise and fuss around the pool. My chuckle is when I see people crowding into a tiny cabin the size of a closet. I've cruised in all types of cabin and don't mind spending more money to be more comfortable. Feel free to chuckle and we will chuckle right back at you (and probably enjoy a great dinner with you).

It's funny, we look at it from the other end. My husband and I love a large cabin and really enjoy sitting on a private balcony instead of having to search out a chair and cope with the noise and fuss around the pool. My chuckle is when I see people crowding into a tiny cabin the size of a closet. I've cruised in all types of cabin and don't mind spending more money to be more comfortable. Feel free to chuckle and we will chuckle right back at you (and probably enjoy a great dinner with you).

I'm with you Benita! :)

We like the space of large cabin and the privacy of our balcony. I love to sit there drinking coffee or wine (depending what time of day it is) :D

We almost never go to the pool because of the noise and crowds. I just enjoy the serenity of the ocean. :)

I'm with you Benita! :)

We like the space of large cabin and the privacy of our balcony. I love to sit there drinking coffee or wine (depending what time of day it is) :D

We almost never go to the pool because of the noise and crowds. I just enjoy the serenity of the ocean. :)

Just wanted to say we agree with you! We have very limited time for cruise vacations, and when we do go we love getting a balcony because we spend a large amount of our time on that balcony reading and relaxing.

Of course, it does not hurt to make sure there is a bar within a short walk from the cabin ;-)

My 1st cruise was on the Song of Norway in an inside cabin, which was about the size of a walk-in closet in those days. I ended up breaking my toe when I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Since then I've been in a room with a porthole or window at least. For the past 10 years we've sailed in Junior Suite or above cabins. I don't see that the perks are going to be much different than in the past in the GS and above? I guess the fancy gold keycards will be new. I'm surprised they aren't giving the Royal Suite cabins there own color of keycards.

My first sea voyage was 6+ weeks in an inside cabin which slept 6 people on bunk beds, with shared bathroom facilities down the hallway. There was only room for one person to stand up at a time and the rest of us had to lie on our bunks.

In spite of that, I loved travelling by sea and I am hooked on cruises.

While I would prefer large rooms with balconies (and any attached perks!), I will take any stateroom that gets me on board a ship!

Archived