Can you trade your Champagne for a bottle of wine in CC?

runningdeer1

No

Our wine steward allowed us to trade some wine we had received as bon voyage gifts wine for other types of wine, but the wine we were exchanging had to be for sale on the wine list. The Champagne received in CC room and Sky Suites is not on the list.

runningdeer,

I'm not sure why you can't drink champagne since you didn't specify why, but I've never cared for it myself.

However, that bottle we got as part of CC on our cruise was outstanding. I don't know if it was because it was so relaxing sitting on the balcony as we headed out of miami or what, but that champagne was incredible.

I have changed champagne for red wine on every cruise with no problem at all (in cc cabins). I let them pick the red wine, I don't try to select it. Just ask to do it....don't ask IF you can do it. They are two very different questions.

I have changed champagne for red wine on every cruise with no problem at all (in cc cabins). I let them pick the red wine, I don't try to select it. Just ask to do it....don't ask IF you can do it. They are two very different questions.

I think I will try that.I will just say please change this for a white wine as we much prefer wine over champagne. Thanks for all the posts helping me out.We sail March 15th (Millie) NZ/AU

Do you ask (tell) your room steward? Champagne gives me migraines which is not a good way to start the week.

In regards to trading Champagne for a bottle of wine in CC, I have done it on each of my

past six X cruises. Each time I have gone to the Captain's Club Hostess and politely stated that my wife and I do not care for Champagne and we would appreciate trading it for a bottle of Chardonnay of their choice. Each time they have complied. I plan on doing the same for our next cruise April 12th.

We have taken the CC champaign to dinner, no corkage charge. We are not big fans either, so usually share it. On one occasion our sommelier changed it for us, the only time we've asked.

Our sommelier on the Constellation said that we could exchange it or receive a credit a more expensive bottle of wine. I think he said it was a $24 value.

Archived