addicted to message boards?

leeuwarden

how many of you check the message board daily?

and for what reason?

christina from the netherlands:eek:

Never used to do it, but for one particular reason, I have been checking here regularly prior to my next cruise.

Due to the havoc created by hurricane Ivan, we aren't sure what our itinerary will be on our Caribbean sailing of 6 December. Some recent ships have kept to the original itinerary and have been allowed to dock in Cayman, and some have been changing to alternate ports within a week or two of the trip.

I keep hoping someone gets the final word on it so we can finish dealing with pre-booking of shore excursions (of the "Do we do this 'here', or do the same thing 'there'"? variety) and I can decide if I'm going to make golf reservations for Curacao (one of the alternate ports) as far as possible in advance.

I admit it, I am addicted! I don't know what I did before we booked our cruise. I guess I first started coming because I was so excited and just had to talk to somebody about it. I've gotten a lot of tips and seem to learn more just about every day. It's a great exchange of information.

I, too, find myself checking in here more often when I have a cruise scheduled. In between, I still "stop by" to see what is going on!!!!! So, I guess that I need REHAB -- like on an X cruise for a wk or so!!!! That should do it!!!!! LOL

OMG! Now I need ANOTHER 12 step program! Just the other day I found out that I need to find a local chapter of breadsticaholics, or as we like to call ourselves, Sticky's.

Now, some kind soul has pointed out that I'm addicted to these message boards. I guess I first knew it was bad when I asked my Gyno if she minded if I kept my laptop on during my last pelvic. I was waiting on a response to a question about wearing long or short dresses on formal nights and I just could not wait to get the answer.

Everyday there are new questions to be answered, Should there be an age limit on cruise pax? Are white tuxes chic? Will Asti explode in the cargo hold of an airplane? These are questions I must have the answers to, now!

Last week I was deep in a thread about pretipping the cabin steward. I was getting a crown replaced and I told the dentist I would have to take a break for 15 minutes. He seemed a little non plused when he found me in the secretaries office on the computer, checking email. He mumbled something about thinking I needed a ladies room. Geez! What a grouch!

So if anyone knows a good program for boardies, let me know. I might go, but then I may think I;m having way too much fun playing with my new friends!

addicted? MOI?:D ....a lot of worse things that we could be addicted to than cruising and a cruise message board:D

It is FUN on here.....besides learning lots of wonderful things and meeting people on your sailing from the Roll Calls....there aren't many people here at home who love to "talk cruising" like the folks on here:).

Now, not every group on the sailings may become "Best Buds"...some may have had close knit groups, while others may have just said "hello". Overall though, I think Cruise Critic is the best thing to happen to cruisers since....well, at least since sliced bread;) ...or would that be, since cruising was invented LOL....

Hi ya'll:)

Come to think of it, life has been getting in the way of my '05 cruise schedule. I wanted book a quickie in March as suggested here for post cruise blues. My boss said "no, your already taking two and half weeks off in January" So...I planted contraband in his locker. Hopefully my next boss will be much more understanding.

As for this board goes, how else can we keep the fantasy alive? At least I'm not hurting myself or others. Boring them to tears maybe. Oh well, what's one more "ism".

Addicted? Me? Absolutely not. I don't check the boards the first thing in the morning at work, during my morning break, at lunch, during my afternoon break, sneak in a peak off and on during my workday, as soon as I get home, or before I go to bed. Who me??? And if I admit that I don that, it's not an addiction, is it? That's just be interested in others, isn't it?

Garry

I check abut 4-5 times a day. It is somewhat addicted but hey I am not bothering anybody. When I do have a cruise planned which by the way I usually have two a year I go into the roll calls and chit-chat there. I have met some great people on my roll calls and since the rest of my family does not cruise, just DH and I, well I come in here and always find someone to gab with.

Marilyn

Addicted - me - no way. I just check everyone once in a while. I can stop whenever I want to. The boards will not control my life. I don't need the boards to survive.

WHAT? WHO AM I KIDDING?

I am a charter member of CC.CA (cruise critic.com anonymous).

I love this place -

In the "real world" do you call your friends? Do you check on family members? Do you read the newspaper? Are those addictions? Here, in the cyberworld we "call" our friends, check on "cruise family" members, read the latest news. Addicted? I think not! (am I in denial? :eek: )

• 1 month later...

I am addicted! I beat cigarettes because it was bad for my health. Cruising isn't bad for anyone's health, so I don't want to give it up.:D :) :p And, when I'm not cruising, I'm on the boards. First of all, you meet all kinds of of nice people who give all sorts of great information. This can't be addictive:confused:, can it?

Yes, I will admit that I check the boards first thing in the morning, maybe one or two times at work, when I get home and, at least once, before I go to bed.

Actually, who cares if it's addictive, it fun and if it's fun, then we should do it.:D

I am addicted! I beat cigarettes because it was bad for my health. Cruising isn't bad for anyone's health, so I don't want to give it up.:D :) :p And, when I'm not cruising, I'm on the boards. First of all, you meet all kinds of of nice people who give all sorts of great information. This can't be addictive:confused:, can it?

Yes, I will admit that I check the boards first thing in the morning, maybe one or two times at work, when I get home and, at least once, before I go to bed.

Actually, who cares if it's addictive, it fun and if it's fun, then we should do it.:D

I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV - actually I'm not on TV either, but I once wore a white coat - and in my professional opinion, you cruisers are seriously bi-polar - a modern condition characterized by sailing back and forth on the oceans between the N and S pole. Other symptoms of this dementia - 'cruise handles' just below the waist (or where it used to be) from 14 trips to the buffet on a 7-day cruise? Do you find yourself checking for chocolate squares on your pillow at bedtime?

But seriously - withdrawal from this addiction will not be pretty and should only be attempted by gradually reducing the number of cruises down to no more than one a month at age ninety, not counting the cruise you pass away on.

I know my advice might be difficult to follow, but WHATEVER YOU DO - GET HELP!!! from a red cap in toting the cruise luggage at the next port. Oh well - like the song goes "If cruising you is wrong - I don't want to be right"

Archived