Price Drop - Residency Rate! WOOHOOO

The RCCL site seemed slow today when I went to check prices. And as soon as I went in I saw that the higher categories had a Residency Price Drop and that's why my Cruise Shark program wasn't alerted...I wasn't looking for a different category, only mine.

So I just upgraded to Unobstructed OV and saved $170.00

I was happily sitting at Obstructed.

WOOOHOOOOO! :D

I called them and they immediatly took moved me over to another cabin and gave me my new final price. Bless you RCCL. :D:D:D

Congrats!

I had an Illinois Residency price drop yesterday that disappeared as soon as I got off the phone with RC, and I called right as they opened. So it definitely pays to check often, or "stalk the RC website" as another poster said! :D

The RCCL site seemed slow today when I went to check prices. And as soon as I went in I saw that the higher categories had a Residency Price Drop and that's why my Cruise Shark program wasn't alerted...I wasn't looking for a different category, only mine.

So I just upgraded to Unobstructed OV and saved $170.00

I was happily sitting at Obstructed.

WOOOHOOOOO! :D

I called them and they immediatly took moved me over to another cabin and gave me my new final price. Bless you RCCL. :D:D:D

Congrats on the fare drop/cabin upgrade. When you set up your Cruise Shark, set up a variety of cabins of different cabin type (inside, oceanview, balcony, JS, etc.). That way you have a better chance of catching a fare change in the catagory vs. just having your own cabin catagory and it is easier that loading every fare class you are interested in. :)

Congrats on the fare drop/cabin upgrade. When you set up your Cruise Shark, set up a variety of cabins of different cabin type (inside, oceanview, balcony, JS, etc.). That way you have a better chance of catching a fare change in the catagory vs. just having your own cabin catagory and it is easier that loading every fare class you are interested in. :)

Yep that was the lesson I learned today. I am a slow learner...LOL. ;):D

The next category would be a $1,200 jump in price. I am not counting any chickens...lol.

I have never seen it. Actually when I called to book our cruise it was the RCCL agent who told me I could upgrade (for cheaper) with an Ontario Resident rate. It did not appear on their website. I'm really happy with the price I got but would take further discounts if they want to give it to me!

Thanks!

I have never seen it. Actually when I called to book our cruise it was the RCCL agent who told me I could upgrade (for cheaper) with an Ontario Resident rate. It did not appear on their website. I'm really happy with the price I got but would take further discounts if they want to give it to me!

Thanks!

I know the booking site is different for those outside of the US. So let me tell you how I see it and you can check yours.

Go to www.rccl.com

Click on the date you are sailing, ship, etc

Then Start reservation

Then - number of people sailing, no air and under THAT it should say "State of Residency" But I don't know what it would do for those in Canada. You did say that you have had a residency rate before?

Then - number of people sailing, no air and under THAT it should say "State of Residency" But I don't know what it would do for those in Canada. You did say that you have had a residency rate before?

If you scroll to the bottom of the list of states they then go into the Canadian provinces and territories. And they do occasionally offer residency rates for parts of Canada - we've had them for our Alaska cruise.

I just posted this in another thread. Over a 20% drop for AZ resident. I hope I can get in on this!

Check out the $1000 difference for just an AZ resident. I wonder what the deal is with that?

Reservation SummaryCruise: 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Ship Name: Freedom Of The Seas

Sail Date: 24-May-2009 to 31-May-2009

Departing From: Port Canaveral, Florida

Number of Guest(s): 3

d1.gifSuperior Ocean View Strm W/Bal

Deck(s): Deck Seven

Occupancy: Up to 3 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), sitting area (some with sofa bed), private balcony and private bathroom. Rates vary from deck to deck. (214 sq. ft., balcony 68 sq. ft.)

View Image | 360° View

Standard Rate

1st or 2nd Guest 3rd or 4th Guest Stateroom Total

*$1,649.00 USD *$ 799.00 USD *$ 4,097.00 USD

Special Pricing

Residency Rate 1st or 2nd Guest 3rd or 4th Guest Stateroom Total *$1,299.00 USD *$499.00 USD *$3,097.00 USD

Prices shown reflect the special rates you are eligible for. A valid driver's license, state-issued ID, U.S. military ID, or U.S. local, state or federal law enforcement or fire department employment badge or ID will be required at the pier for validation purposes. If age, state of residency, military participation, or employment with a U.S. local, state or federal law enforcement agency or fire department cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding.

Hello everyone,

i have been reading all about the price drops and wanted to get some information. I am sailing on 4/4/09 on LOS and called my TA to find out if there was a price drop, i was told that even if there is one I will not get a refund because i ahve already made the final payment. can someone tell me if this is true? i would hate to miss out on a refund. thanks for the any info you can provide

That's what I did for one cruise I am interested in. I logged in for all E categories, the D's and JS. I should probably add OV's and Insides because if a really good deal came along in one of those categories, we might have no choice but to book the cruise to the Mediterranean. :D

Does anyone know if ***** post the Guarantee rates, also? For instance, if there is a Guarantee rate for a E balcony?

I know the booking site is different for those outside of the US. So let me tell you how I see it and you can check yours.

Go to www.rccl.com

Click on the date you are sailing, ship, etc

Then Start reservation

I'll try it again and see. Yes, they gave me a resident rate on the phone...it did not appear on the website when I did a 'fake' booking too see the price. When I called RCCL to book my cabin, the nice agent told me that there was a resident rate. AND...he told me the rate was the same for 1st,2nd, 3rd & 4th passengers so we ended up booking 2 rooms (adjoining) for less than I was expecting! HUGE bonus. I was just curious how you saw it online as I've never seen it come up when checking prices online.

I'm looking right now for a cruise in Europe next summer so this will be helpful! Thanks so much...I really enjoy all your postings and find them to be very useful & helpful!!!:D

just called my TA agent again and i got someone who called RCC and sure enough I was able to get a $300.00 price drop !!!!!! I am so happy, this just shows that you should not give up. ;) thanks again for all the information.

How about some information on the cruise shark program????

The thread to Cruise Shark is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=932098

or the website

http://www.*****.net

Also cruise shark will monitor Canada (USD and CAD), Austrilia (AUD), United Kingdom (GBP) beside the United States (USD). It will monitor canadian provinces.

That's what I did for one cruise I am interested in. I logged in for all E categories, the D's and JS. I should probably add OV's and Insides because if a really good deal came along in one of those categories, we might have no choice but to book the cruise to the Mediterranean. :D

Does anyone know if ***** post the Guarantee rates, also? For instance, if there is a Guarantee rate for a E balcony?

Guarantee rates can be monitored.

Wow, I entered my pennsylvania and it gave me a $1,160 discount on another junior suite two doors down! Thanks so much!

If you're already booked in a JS, you don't have to switch cabins. You can just call and have the price adjusted.

The thread to Cruise Shark is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=932098

or the website

http://www.*****.net

Also cruise shark will monitor Canada (USD and CAD), Austrilia (AUD), United Kingdom (GBP) beside the United States (USD). It will monitor canadian provinces.

Thanks, it looks great and can save me a lot of time with mock reservations.

Archived