I hope I am not going to be dissapointed with RCCL

octagonmike;

You will absolutly enjoy your cruise. As many have said-CC is a very small part of the cruising population. Hence why nothing ever said on the bb really changes anyones minds higher up.

Some people can get riled up over everything and you'll swear you'll hear something about it on a cruise and you hear diddly.

I've seen threads go on for days about;

Jeans in the dining room

Smokers

Balcony lights left on

Sharing a soda card

And guess what

Once I'm on the ship-you never hear a sound about any of this so-called drama.

Oh I AM going to wear jeans in the dining room on AT LEAST one occasion just for the sake of it :D

We are just off the Splendour on the Med. reposition cruise. FANTASTIC! Better than I could have imagined. Not one complaint heard by my family. Some people have too much free time to complain about minutia. Wishing you and yours the best cruise.:D

We were just on the AOS (my only complaint is I had to go home). One day I was behind a woman getting off the ship at one of the ports complaining very loudly about what a travesty it was that RCCL did not leave the charm bracelets on everyone's pillow anymore. She thought it was so horrible that you now had to get off the ship and heaven forbid, turn in a card to get your charm bracelet at a jewelers. As a serious chocoholic I could have piped in about the lack of chocolates on our bed pillows at night but guess what - I'm on vacation and if something like the absence of a charm bracelet or chocolates is going to upset me so much, probably nothing will make me happy. It takes us two years to save for our big vacations and we enjoy every second of them. I was so excited to get on the ship that I walked off without our luggage when the taxi dropped us at the pier. DH and the taxi driver had a good laugh about that.:o We never know if this is going to be the last vacation for a long while because one of us loses a job or something else happens so we appreciate what a treat these ships are (chocolates or no chocolates). OK - rant over.:)

Things were getting so dark and heavy over here I decided to visit the sweetness and light of the other cruise boards. I came scurrying back home when I saw a cyberstalker stickie on one of the boards. :eek:

I didn't hang around to find out what it was about or how old it was. I figured, that was not the place for me.

People should really visit some of the other cruise boards so they get a sense of the different moods. This one is not that bad.

....after my 2005 cruise for personal reasons. When a friend of mine wanted to go on her first cruise in 2006 she called to asked me how I liked Carnival. She was thinking of taking her family on their first cruise as a surprise to all of them for doing so great in school that year. When I told her how I felt she told me that she would rebook on Norwegian instead. My advice to her was to give Carnival a try and form her on opinion. She took my advice, went on their cruise and had the time of her life. Now she only cruises on Carnival whereas I only cruise on Royal Caribbean.

So my advice to you is to read eveyone's opinion here, the moaning minnies and the happy mickies. take your cruise on the cruise line you want and make up your own mind. You might surprise yourself and have the time of your life.

There seems to be a lot of moaning minnies that sail on their ships.

We have found that to some folks, if you give them exactly what they wanted, there will still be an issue about something.

To me....it's all good.

Come on folks - people are not always complaining on these boards for the fun of it. Some of the complaints are a bit much but there is a pattern of similar complaints that need addressing. Hopefully RCCL will take notice and make some positive changes so as to make cruising a better experience overall. I think they will also get more repeat cruisers. I read a review from a family of four who spent $12,000 on their cruise and had a miserable time. I don't know about you but I felt sorry for that family. Complainers or not, that's a lot of money. Everyone has different experiences and expectations. That's just life.

Oh I AM going to wear jeans in the dining room on AT LEAST one occasion just for the sake of it :D

You might be able to get away with it the first night. On NCL, they suspend the dress code (within reason) on the first night because the maitre d' doesn't know if your luggage has been delivered yet, so the jeans might be all you have. Don't know about RCI (my first RCI cruise is this coming December).

--Michael

I would venture to say that the "happy Helens" outnumber the "moaning Minnies" by leaps and bounds!

Just go with attitude that you are going to have a great cruise and , guess what, you will!!!

I just sailed my first cruise on liberty 1/31/09. I didn't hear anyone complain... but then if they did i would just ignore them...and walk away. I had a great time and that because I made it that way... If I had a bad time it woul be my own dam fault. Liberty is too big to be stuck next to someone complaining. Wonder on and have a great time! Come see me I'll show you how to party.LOL

June

Every cruise is what you make it. If you let others spoil it for you, they will. Will everything you experience on the trip be perfect? Probably not because there are so many things that can potentially go awry. However, the overwhelming majority of what you experience will be great and that's what you should concentrate on. If you happen to be seated at a dinner table with people who want to bitch and moan and groan about everything, go to the maitre de and ask to be moved to a different table. Vacation time is too precious to let others suck the fun out of it for you!

I just did my first RCI cruise on the Mariner of the Seas (the last one to go to Mexico!), and previously most of our cruises had been with Holland America. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed the Mariner and the food and service was good (not excellent but no complaints from our party). Some people I chatted to had been on lots of RCI cruises and felt that things had gone downhill, but quite honestly I would book with them again. I was quite impressed with the amount of storage space in the cabin, too, and even though it was smaller square footage it was very comfortable. I did miss having robes provided, and there were no chocolates on the pillow - but who needs that anyway!

Archived