I hope I am not going to be dissapointed with RCCL

I wouldn't worry about the moaning minnies ... it's much ado about relatively little. Liberty is a beautiful ship, the crew is wonderful, the service is superb, the passengers are happy & enjoying themselves, the food is pretty darn good, the entertainment is entertaining ... and you're in the Caribbean!!

There seems to be a lot of moaning minnies that sail on their ships.

Every cruise line has their issues. And I'm sure that if you browse the other cruise line boards you will find people complaining about something. Have a positive attitude and base your own opinions upon your own personal observations. Have a great time.

Don't worry people they will not get to me.

Have only sailed Ocean Village before and to be honest not too many moaners on there.

I KNOW I will have a great time but why can't people just relax and enjoy instead of complaining there aren't any free choccies on the pillow or a free baseball cap just because you are a returning customer ?

Lifes too short PLUS we should count ourselves lucky that we are able to cruise on some of the worlds best cruise liners during a major economic downturn.

Some poor souls don't even have jobs or homes and people are moaning because their free gift has been taken from them.

Rant over.

You're right--but no matter what, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain about something! If it's a beautiful, sunny day, it'll be too hot. If they let you out of work early, the traffic will be too bad.....there's always SOMETHING--including complaining about complainers!

You're right--but no matter what, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain about something! If it's a beautiful, sunny day, it'll be too hot. If they let you out of work early, the traffic will be too bad.....there's always SOMETHING--including complaining about complainers!

:)

The toilet paper was too rough on my hiney. The eggs were horrible. I read on this forum that I could get on the ship at 12 noon, but they didn't let us on until 12:30. The Honey Stung chicken didn't taste like chicken. Yada Yada Yada.............Oh the pain of it all.

:)

Lifes too short PLUS we should count ourselves lucky that we are able to cruise on some of the worlds best cruise liners during a major economic downturn.

Some poor souls don't even have jobs or homes and people are moaning because their free gift has been taken from them.

Rant over.

Couldn't have said it better!

The problem is that the people who frequent CC are a small proportion of those that cruise. The ones that complain are then a small percentage of those, yet they think they are a majority. They just cry the loudest. :rolleyes:

Have a great time!!

I recently enjoyed a 9 night cruise on the Explorer. Most of the reviews on the Boards are due to the age of the ship. There were complaints from slow elevators to angry crew. I loved the cruise!! Just don't read too much into everyones negativity and you'll have a great time while coming to your own conclusions

To the others I say chillax... I think everyone who is still fortunate enough to be able to cruise in these difficult time should count their blessings. Life is fragile and we should embrace all that it offers. Yes, services are changing, it is a reflection of the current times, and we will not be able to revert to the good old days, I look back and say yes I made the most of it, and I am still one of the lucky ones setting sail in May.

There are many many loosing homes and jobs, putting it in perspective I am still doing ok and I am grateful for that for however long it lasts....

Don't worry people they will not get to me.

Have only sailed Ocean Village before and to be honest not too many moaners on there.

There's probably a reason why you didn't encounter "too many moaners" on Ocean Village. Like Carnival's sailings aboard their 25-year-old Holiday, they're meant to be no-frills, cheap and cheerful getaways - nothing more. I doubt very much that their passengers have high expectations beforehand, and I'm sure that most aren't disappointed with their cruise.

Royal Caribbean's pricing, on the other hand, is usually anything but cheap. It's not inconceivable (probably commonplace, actually) that passengers will have paid more than they would have on premium lines such as Holland America or RCCL's own Celebrity. Frankly, I don't think that whining about the cuts is helpful either - there's plenty of other good choices out there.

I always go with a positive attitude and never tell my wife the negatives that I read on the CC Boards. This way she can form her own opinions of the cruise. Me I'll form my opinions when I am on board and not get influenced by others.

Nope no complaining here. Any place that I go that I'm not cooking or cleaning is fine with me. My mantra is "Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweatty stuff!":eek:

octagonmike;

You will absolutly enjoy your cruise. As many have said-CC is a very small part of the cruising population. Hence why nothing ever said on the bb really changes anyones minds higher up.

Some people can get riled up over everything and you'll swear you'll hear something about it on a cruise and you hear diddly.

I've seen threads go on for days about;

Jeans in the dining room

Smokers

Balcony lights left on

Sharing a soda card

And guess what

Once I'm on the ship-you never hear a sound about any of this so-called drama.

Things were getting so dark and heavy over here I decided to visit the sweetness and light of the other cruise boards. I came scurrying back home when I saw a cyberstalker stickie on one of the boards. :eek:

I didn't hang around to find out what it was about or how old it was. I figured, that was not the place for me.

Going on a cruise....what's not to like?

I have never run into complainers on board. Everyone is on vacation, unlike land resorts. Everyone seems to be in a good mood too!

I don't mind waiting in line at the pool bar for a few minutes because it gives me an excuse to strike up a conversation with total strangers that are enjoying the heck out of their cruise too!:D

No, there "were" a lot of moaning minnies but they have now moved on to Princess, Holland and Carnival and we can all be thankful for that. For every moaner that leaves, there is a happy new cruiser out there to replace them on RCCL.;) With all that moaning, there is going to be a lot of noisy Carnival and Princess ships. :)

Chances are if you go with a lousy attitude and you'll have a lousy time. If you go with a positive, realistic attitude you will have a wonderful time. Haven't been on Liberty, but have been on Freedom and don't know how anyone could not like it! Just look around and you'll see lots of people looking for a good time.

Most of the complainers only complain when they are hidden behind a keyboard :eek:

The problem is that the people who frequent CC are a small proportion of those that cruise. The ones that complain are then a small percentage of those, yet they think they are a majority. They just cry the loudest. :rolleyes:

Have a great time!!

Totally agree.

Have a great cruise and enjoy. Take everything negative here on CC with a grain of salt. Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining.

Archived