Statement from RSSC Regarding Seven Seas Voyager Drydocking & Cancelled Cruises

Thank you for posting that. As evidenced the past week, Regent is doing everything they can to accommodate (or re-accommodate) their passengers. This is good to hear. Still, it is a difficult situation for Regent and their passengers.

Travelcat

You are correct........Regent is being very responsible with the pax. At the same time it's a chalenging time for all. It's not easy to travel to Dubai

and find a very, very altered and diminished cruise.

I believe that TA's informed their clients of the Voyager pod problems. The shock to many people (I assume this includes TA's) is that the World Cruise will be halted in Italy. Perhaps this is why Wendy (and I) feel that this may have blindsided some people.

Here is a write-up on the optins the passengers were offered (sroll down);

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

Ron

Ron, I would be careful putting too much credence in Russ Klein's (cruise junkie) site with respect to Regent. Although he is very good at posting all information he receives and also does his own research, he has been carrying a vendetta against Regent (Radisson) since 2000. You can find his complaint here:

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/rssc.html

In his Events at Sea report from 1 April regarding the Voyager, he has entered some of his own commentary into the report he received from a passenger.

That said, I do think he does a service be posting the bad news; its his commentary I do without.

If "cruisejunkie" has a "vendetta" against Regent, I haven't noticed it. IMO, he has as much right to his commentary as we do with ours. Fortunately his comments are not as negative as a former CC member who routinely blasts Regent on his blog. My point is that comments for or against Regent are within the guidelines of CC. Hopefully, people have a basis for their opinions.

Jackie, the link I provided was to his complaint (from 2000) that is still on his website. Yes, we all have a right to blast Regent, I was just pointing out to those that may not know the Cruise Junkie site that he does have this long lasting gripe.

Ron, I would be careful putting too much credence in Russ Klein's (cruise junkie) site with respect to Regent. Although he is very good at posting all information he receives and also does his own research, he has been carrying a vendetta against Regent (Radisson) since 2000. You can find his complaint here:

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/rssc.html

In his Events at Sea report from 1 April regarding the Voyager, he has entered some of his own commentary into the report he received from a passenger.

That said, I do think he does a service be posting the bad news; its his commentary I do without.

I "DO NOT NEED TO BE CAREFUL", as I posted my original message without any comment, as the information was to do with this thread, so that CC members could diseminate the contents for their wants and needs.

CC forums are here to provide information on all aspects of cruising, both good and bad.

If Cruisejunkie has a gripe, then that is right to bear it as long as "HE" wants.

Ron

Archived