What to do -5 Days at Sea - Carnival Spirit Hawaii

KANDS

What to do during the 7 days while cruising the Hawaiian Island is a piece of cake. Does anyone know what kind of activities Carnival Spirit offers for the days at sea, besides bingo? Last year we took a cruise on Princess and they had scrapbooking and ceramics, which was different, but so great for the guys. Does anyone know if it will be warm enough to relax by the pool?

KANDS

We did the Hawaii to Vancouver trip in April of 2006 and had a blast. I don't remember exactly what activities were offered, but I do know I kept busy.

The weather was definitely warm enough to lay by the pool. From your signature I see that you're going in September. I would imagine that it will be very nice weather.

I'm envious of you and wish I were going again.

We sailed this cruise last year. The ship had tons of activities.

Every day at 4:00 trivia was held. It was progressive with a nice prize package for the five day winner.

Games like Game Show Mania and Battle of the Sexes were held every day in the Pharaoh's lounge.

On the fourth night the ship threw a Hawaiian Night with free Hawaiian fru fru drinks in the lobby.

On deck for the cure was held on the fourth day.

Sailing from Ensenada you have three 25 hour days so party late and enjoy that extra hour of sleep. The clocks change on the first, third and fifth nights.

Plenty of pool games on from the third day on, the first two days will probably be quite cool.

A volleyball tournament was held each afternoon starting on day three.

This is a fabulous cruise, have a great time. :)

I have done the Vancouver to Hawaii 3 times. Day 1 and 2 are not really pool days. Day 3 has started to warm and seas have started to calm down. First two cruises day 3 was pool weather, but last year was so so. Days 4 and 5 have usually been really nice. Yes I will be onboard this year also.

While I enjoy a sea day or two, multiple ones in a row aren't for me! I love sitting by the pool, reading and relaxing, but 2 days in a row of that are more than enough--then I get antsy to get off the ship and do something different!

I did this cruise 2 years ago, and I can't remember exactly what I did, but I know the 5 days flew by. It was so relaxing! The first day or two out of Ensenada was on the cool side, but it was warm after that.

Roz

I've also wanted to do this cruise for years. Drive to the port, Spirit-classed ship, Hawaii . . . it just doesn't get any better. :) I've cruised the SPIRIT on her Southern Mexican Riviera run and absolutely loved this ship. Great crew, excellent food and waitstaff service . . . just terrific.

Because of the economic conditions in the housing sector here in California it just isn't possible for me to take this cruise at this time, and as if to add insult to injury, I just received the most outrageously inexpensive quote from one of my online agents for this cruise from Ensenada. I won't even tell you as it may sour your already heightened expectations of a great cruise.:D

Have a great cruise . . . give us a detailed review please. ;)

I am on the Hawaii to Ensenada in September/October. We are really looking forward to the five days at sea to relax, lounge by the pool, gamble, play trivia games and sleep in! So, so, so excited!!!!!!!

If you are on this leg (rather than the Vancouver to Hawaii leg) I think we will have lovely weather for our five sea days. Late September/early October is great weather in Southern California/Baja areas...

Speaking only for me, if I was one that liked to be on the go all the time, there is no way I would book a cruise with 5 or more sea days. However, given that I would be happy on a 7 day cruise to nowhere, I suspect that the ship will keep you busy with activities, or if you are so inclined (like I would be), you can eat, sleep, relax, and have sex, as many times and in whatever order you want during those days! I'm all for that!:D

We were on the Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2003. It was just too many days in a row. The first two days were very chilly, then it started to warm up. Then we were hit with 7 days going from island to island. I would never do five days at sea in a row ever again.

There is lots to do every day, so you won't get bored. Relax, you are going to need to be rested up when you did get to the islands.

Have a great cruise.

Archived