Early Saver Question

roadshow69

I am booked on the Liberty with Early Saver for 8/29/09-09/05/09.

I thought the Early Saver price only shows for 5 months prior on 7 day cruises. Carnival still show Early Saver pricing for my cruise even though it's less than 5 months away.

I ran into this when I was booking my cruise. The Freedom still showed the ES rate, but when I tried to actually book it I got an error message. I then called Carnival and tried to book it and was again told it was not avail anymore. It might be a cookie issue that it still shows up.

I ran into this when I was booking my cruise. The Freedom still showed the ES rate, but when I tried to actually book it I got an error message. I then called Carnival and tried to book it and was again told it was not avail anymore. It might be a cookie issue that it still shows up.

What date are you looking at?

They only have so many rooms available at early saver rate so if you click that option and get the error then this typically means there are no more rooms available at the early saver rate.

My early saver rate has gone up twice. First for $20 and then again for $40 for a grand total of $60. We were hoping for the price to decrease not go up. Oh well. We still got it when the price was lower so, we still got the discount.

Don't for get - you're not necessarily looking for the Early Saver Rate itself to go DOWN, but for ANY Carnival-advertised rate that you're eligible for to go down!!!

If (for your Sailing/Category) a better FunSelect rate than your Early Saver rate is advertised by Carnival, send in the form. If you're a Past Guest and a better Past Guest rate than your Early Saver is advertised by Carnival, send in your Form. If you're a Florida Resident and a better Florida Resident rate than your Early Saver is advertised by Carnival, send in your Form. etc., etc. You'll probably see some price drops as you approach sailaaway date, which is the advantage of the Early Saver. ken

What date are you looking at?

We were looking at a July Sailing about 2 weeks ago. The ES rate should not have been showing up on my computer. The error message was because it was past the 5 month cutoff. We decided on the Destiny instead.

Don't for get - you're not necessarily looking for the Early Saver Rate itself to go DOWN, but for ANY Carnival-advertised rate that you're eligible for to go down!!!

If (for your Sailing/Category) a better FunSelect rate than your Early Saver rate is advertised by Carnival, send in the form. If you're a Past Guest and a better Past Guest rate than your Early Saver is advertised by Carnival, send in your Form. If you're a Florida Resident and a better Florida Resident rate than your Early Saver is advertised by Carnival, send in your Form. etc., etc. You'll probably see some price drops as you approach sailaaway date, which is the advantage of the Early Saver. ken

Thanks Ken..

I keep watching..and smilin as prices go UP...but it sure would be nice to see them go down in ANY category!

But please, correct me if I'm wrong.. If my 'early saver' rate is based upon a category 8D, a price drop in any rate will only apply if it is the same 8d Category, correct?

But please, correct me if I'm wrong.. If my 'early saver' rate is based upon a category 8D, a price drop in any rate will only apply if it is the same 8d Category, correct?

Yep, has to be a 8D and for the same # of people. Iv seen where a category went down and the folks were booked in a quad and no quads left so they wouldnt give it to them.

Crazy.... You're correct: has to be Same Cruise/Cabin Category. Where you will potentially cash-in with the Early Saver is in the last month or so if they have to scramble to reduce rates to fill the ship, you'll now be eligible for those slashed rates, up to 2 days prior to sailing. ken

My early saver rate has gone up twice. First for $20 and then again for $40 for a grand total of $60. We were hoping for the price to decrease not go up. Oh well. We still got it when the price was lower so, we still got the discount.

Did you submit the form for the new rate?;)

Bill

OK, I"m still trying to figure out this "early saver" thing...I just booked today and got a past passenger rate, which is a bit more than the early saver, but I got upgraded to a 8C.

So let me see if I understand this correctly...IF the price goes down for my category and it's less than 3 months prior to the cruise I will NOT get a price reduction, but if it is more than 5 months out and I see a price drop I will get a credit for the difference. Less than 3 months, no discount at all, as I did not book the early saver rate.

I"m 7 months out from my cruise, so if I decide to go with early saver, (which the rep said I could switch to early saver any time as long as I was still 5 months out from the date of saling, so I would have to switch over in June). I can take advantage of any price drops within my category right up to two days before sailing, correct?

Thanks for helping me understand this better..ugh. I was a bit paranoid about going with early saver, because of the restrictions, but I"ll probably switch over in June.

Archived