Mens Attire on Formal Nights....

So tired of wearing a suit and tie, especially a tie.... would it be appropriate to wear a suit with one of those fake tuxedo shirts? This is a serious question, lol, seriously!! Me and the boys were thinking about doing this, but we don't want to 'stand out'!

So tired of wearing a suit and tie, especially a tie.... would it be appropriate to wear a suit with one of those fake tuxedo shirts? This is a serious question, lol, seriously!! Me and the boys were thinking about doing this, but we don't want to 'stand out'!

You just "had" to do it didn't you :D;)

You just "had" to do it didn't you :D;)

Lol! I'm dead serious! This is one of those questions that almost everyone is afraid to ask... Well, I'm not afraid anymore, lol!

Thanks Jules, will do!

At least I will be able to recognize you on the cruise - since I am on the same one as you :p

Oh, Oh!! If I do it, you'll see me and my 17 and 11 year old boys also! Can't convince the with though, she's not to happy that we don't want to wear suits this year........

I dare ya! :D

Oh, oh, I'm being called out! Now I really have to do it!!! I'll have a few shots then go for it! ;) Wife will be pis*ed, but I'm used to it, lol!

Ah yes, the old dutch courage! ;)

I think it would be funny on you and your boys :D, HOWEVER, it WOULDN'T be funny on my DH. I think our DD (16) would have a fit! :eek:

If my DH pulled something like that, he wouldn't have to worry about chair hogs as he'd be spending the rest of the cruise camped in his very own lounge chair in the solarium - not in my bed!

Ah yes' date=' the old dutch courage! ;)

I think it would be funny on you and your boys :D, HOWEVER, it WOULDN'T be funny on my DH. I think our DD (16) would have a fit! :eek:[/quote']

Out of curiousity, why not? Just curious....

If my DH pulled something like that, he wouldn't have to worry about chair hogs as he'd be spending the rest of the cruise camped in his very own lounge chair in the solarium - not in my bed!

Hmmm, you're giving me more reason to wear it!!

Why can people be so selfish all the time???:confused: If RCI didn't care what folks wore there would be no suggested attire at all.

Everyone's bi+ching about the scaling down of C&A benefits and at the same time figuring out ways to buck RCI's system. Maybe they're scaling down because folks are giving them the impression that they DGAF.

Nothing grates me more than to see a post that says ... "It's your vacation, wear what you want." :mad:

Why can people be so selfish all the time???:confused: If RCI didn't care what folks wore there would be no suggested attire at all.

Everyone's bi+ching about the scaling down of C&A benefits and at the same time figuring out ways to buck RCI's system. Maybe they're scaling down because folks are giving them the impression that they DGAF.

Nothing grates me more than to see a post that says ... "It's your vacation, wear what you want." :mad:

YOWZERS, must be having a bad day! Since they've cut back, isn't it fair that we do the same?!

I'm kidding about my comment above, however, not kidding about the shirt. I'd still be wearing a suit, but I'm always in them and so tired of wearing a tie. I know, I know, I can always try NCL, however, just like you, I love RCI.....

CroozeAddict-

oh you're going to get blasted for that one.....don't you know that "it's your cruise do what you want" seems to be the prevailing feeling on these boards?

FYI: I thought it was the 'Nation of Why Not'!? 'Why not' dress down??.. I know the difference between dressing down and 'DRESSING DOWN'! I don't even wear jeans into the dininig room.... I think some are taking this thread to serious...

I say go for it. You will look a lot better than those wearing jeans. Those who do not at least smile when they see you need to start looking for a sense of humor. Life is way to short to be stuffy. Enjoy yourself.

Thanks Puff, nice comment....

I agree, life is was to short.... I can always change if it causes a rucous(?)....

Why would DD have a fit? You'd be embarrassed?! :*(

You obviously don't have a teenaged daughter, right? LOL OK...I see that you would wear the shirt WITH a suit. Maybe that would pass muster. Yes, pun intended!

PS. Lighten up everyone! (not you klfhngr...you're already lightened!)

You obviously don't have a teenaged daughter' date=' right? LOL OK...I see that you would wear the shirt WITH a suit. Maybe that would pass muster. Yes, pun intended!

PS. Lighten up everyone! (not you klfhngr...you're already lightened!)[/quote']

Oh, DD is daughter?! My bad, lol! Oh yea, if I had a daughter, she'd freak, lol!

Thanks Holiday...

Archived