Combining OBCs

Terpnut

I received a $100/cabin OBC from my travel agent when we booked our cruise. I also requested and will supposedly receive $250/cabin OBC for my CCL shareholder benefit. Is there any reason HAL won't allow them to be combined?

In the past with RCI, I was able to combine multiple OBCs but I know that RCI recently put the clamps down on that. I'm not familiar with Carnival/HAL's policies on this issue but I'm worried.

We have received as much as $650.00 from various sources and they all were applied without problems. Make sure you know the dollar amount and who they are from so if there is a problem it can be addressed on the ship.

Check early in the cruise on your OBC's because the last day is too late.

Ruth & Jim

The only OBC that they will not combine with any other credit is the "thank you for cruising with us/Mariner's society shipboard credit bonus" credit. I was given that after our Christmas cruise and HAL said I could not use it with the Carnival stock credit, the TA's credit and the future booking credit.

On RCI ships, the OBCs sometimes take a day or two to post because I am told that they transfer the passenger manifest and OBCs on the first day of the cruise and accounting takes a day or so to post everything to the correct stateroom accounts. In other words, if you look at your RCI shipboard account on the first day of the cruise, some of your OBCs may not be there, and I've found this to be the case often.

Is this the same with Carnival in general, and HAL specifically too?

How did you get $250 CCL stockholder OBC? It was my understanding that it was only $100 per cabin, even if both cabinmates held stock.
The OBC depends upon the length of the cruise and yes, there is only one stockholder OBC per cabin.

How did you get $250 CCL stockholder OBC? It was my understanding that it was only $100 per cabin, even if both cabinmates held stock.

For cruises of 14 days or more ... it's $250 OBC and only 1 OBC per shareholder-occupied cabin permitted.

The OBC depends upon the length of the cruise and yes, there is only one stockholder OBC per cabin.

For cruises of 14 days or more ... it's $250 OBC and only 1 OBC per shareholder-occupied cabin permitted.
We have two staterooms on a 20-day B2B cruise. My wife and I together own 200 shares of CCL, and we booked one cabin in my name and one in my wife's so we each get the $250/cabin OBC.

I received a $100/cabin OBC from my travel agent when we booked our cruise. I also requested and will supposedly receive $250/cabin OBC for my CCL shareholder benefit. Is there any reason HAL won't allow them to be combined?

In the past with RCI, I was able to combine multiple OBCs but I know that RCI recently put the clamps down on that. I'm not familiar with Carnival/HAL's policies on this issue but I'm worried.

I don't know the rules with the shareholders' credit, but I can't see why they can't be combined.

I received a $50 OBC for booking a future cruise onboard (lowest category inside guarantee stateroom). The cruise I booked, however, was eventually cancelled by HAL and when they contacted me to book another in its place, they offered me $75 OBC for my "trouble." I told them that I was already entitled to a $50 OBC for booking onboard, and she checked it and agreed, and my invoice now shows $125 in OBC. The two credits are for entirely different things, so there is no reason they shouldn't be combinable. I'm only concerned in your case because I don't know what the rules are for the Carnival shareholders' OBC.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived